MoP raid releases will be staggered

90 Night Elf Druid

It's a good thing, even for the super-hardcore.

It's a good thing for you... that doesn't make it a good thing for everyone else. Very subjective. Personally, I'd be happy with 2 weeks after MV opens. Plenty of time to gear up and after a couple weeks you have more options in your progression and the gear from normal modes will help with heroic progression.
Reply Quote
97 Undead Priest
08/01/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Sensations
I don't even know why people are ok with this, sure it doesn't effect most of us but principles hold a lot of weight. If Blizzard ever dictated to me how to spend my time, then I simply wouldn't be playing anymore. Because it's their time and they can choose how to spend it, not Blizzard. It's their game yes, but getting involved in peoples time management is simply overstepping their bounds.

You are looking at it wrong, they aren't doing it to manage the hardcore's time, they are doing it to make it less overwhelming for the more casual players, for better content and more stable servers. No, these changes are not out to dictate how you play the game but instead out to make the game more enjoyable for the majority.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
I don't even know why people are ok with this, sure it doesn't effect most of us but principles hold a lot of weight. If Blizzard ever dictated to me how to spend my time, then I simply wouldn't be playing anymore. Because it's their time and they can choose how to spend it, not Blizzard. It's their game yes, but getting involved in peoples time management is simply overstepping their bounds.

You are looking at it wrong, they aren't doing it to manage the hardcore's time, they are doing it to make it less overwhelming for the more casual players, for better content and more stable servers. No, these changes are not out to dictate how you play the game but instead out to make the game more enjoyable for the majority.

How does this make it less overwhelming? Do the casual players not know how to manage their time? If you don't want to do all 16 bosses at the start don't, no one HAS to. All Blizzard is doing is dictating to players how to spend their time and using a silly excuse such as "overwhelming" to do it.

There is no LOGICAL argument other PR responses that the casuals HAVE to do all the content when it comes out. Instead of moving at their OWN PACE. You're basically telling me Blizzard is holding the hands of all the casuals because mommy never taught them how to manage their time and don't bite off more than they can chew?
Edited by Sensations on 8/1/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would like LFR to be pushed back a few more weeks, or around when the second set of raids is released. Downing the final boss in a raid in LFR before doing so on normal will be rather anti-climactic, and to anyone who says, "Well then don't run it" if you want to stay competitive and get as much loot as possible to help your raid progress, you will be running LFR.

That was the whole issue with Dragon Soul. It was basically ICC all over again with the running of multiple levels of the same content to fill in gaps in your gear slots.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/01/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Poena
Honestly, I am glad Blizzard isn't catering to people like you. You really have lost all sense of reality. But here's an idea of what you can do after you spend ~40 hours in one week getting ready to raid... LOG OFF THE GAME.

Who are you to tell anyone how they should play this game?

When an expansion comes out, I always take a few days off and power level one my main and start to work on an alt. For the first week of Wrath and Cata, I spent maaaaany hours on WoW and then tapered off as we began raiding.

It is none of your concern how long anyone plays and if someone wants to chug Mountain Dew for 24 hours straight to get server first *class name*, who are you to tell them that they shouldn't?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/01/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Poena
No, it's having no life. The people complaining are the ones who are taking off work to play a video game. That isn't time management, they aren't continuing with their lives, they are abandoning their lives to game 40+ hours a week.

You must be a miserable person if you think being able to what you enjoy is "LOL U HAVE NO LIFE"

This is just a game, so is Football, Football runs people's lives more than this game.

If someone enjoyed fishing, and took a week off to go fishing in the ocean, you would call that "LOL U HAVE NO LIFE"? I'd put that in the same boat. (Pun Intended)

TLDR: Doing things you enjoy on a vacation means your life is being fulfilled.
Edited by Asanenine on 8/1/2012 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Blizzard has, for years now, faced a certain segment of the playerbase whose behavior is to gobble up everything the moment it is released as fast as they possibly can - and then immediately clamor for more and complain about having nothing to do.

For seven years, Blizzard has been running raids like an "all you can eat" restaurant - and yes, they have contributed to a culture where people value running to the trough and stuffing all the raiding they can down their gullets.

Looks like they'd like to see how a more traditional restaurant works. Instead of binging on the orange chicken, you'll have to have an appetizer, wait for your main course to arrive, and maybe have a little conversation between gulps.

I can't say it is unreasonable.

And yeah. I just called you fat.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
08/01/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Crithto
Raid dungeons Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring are scheduled to be released on normal difficulty four weeks after Mogu'shan Vaults has been opened. ;)

And that's when the nerfs of the earlier raid will start rolling in, correct?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Why should I have to do things I don't like to do with my new expansion time rather than doing what I want to do, ie raiding. Yes, there are other things to do. No, I don't want to do any of them

But you don't have to do anything you don't want. Just stop playing once you finish gearing up to raid.

It's funny people make fun of people for "Not having a life" for having time management skills.

No, it's having no life. The people complaining are the ones who are taking off work to play a video game. That isn't time management, they aren't continuing with their lives, they are abandoning their lives to game 40+ hours a week.

I think that this person is either jealous that they can't get time off of work or is pissed off because mommy won't let him/her skip school.

Nerds telling other nerds that they have no life makes me laugh my *** off. What a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
08/01/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Koica
Raid dungeons Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring are scheduled to be released on normal difficulty four weeks after Mogu'shan Vaults has been opened. ;)

Almost fell out of my chair, lol. You know this is what their plan is.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
08/01/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Waste
Blizzard has, for years now, faced a certain segment of the playerbase whose behavior is to gobble up everything the moment it is released as fast as they possibly can - and then immediately clamor for more and complain about having nothing to do.

To be honest, I hardly see any of the top guilds complain about being bored. I mean, they know what they're getting in to. They go like crazy at the beginning and then relax for the rest of the tier.

It's mostly the people who are middle of the road (myself included) who kill stuff, probably when they shouldn't like myself killing madness months before the next patch, and then wonder what the hell we're supposed to do.
Reply Quote
This could be very good or very bad. Consider two historical examples:

#1: Black Temple was released hot on the heels of the tier 5 raids, so fast no one had even killed Kael'thas to attune to the new dungeon. Verdict: awesome

#2: Trial of the Crusader was released when the mainstream "bulge" of raiders was still working on Ulduar hard modes - not stalled at all, just still in a steady progression phase. Verdict: Ulduar raiding killed before its time, because ToC normal dropped higher ilvl despite being easier than Ulduar Hard

So when the Terrace opens, is it going to look like #1 or #2? It hinges on how mandatory 100% completion of Mogu'shan will be to success in the Terrace. Mandatory = Win. Skippable = Fail. All the arguments, about why Blizzard has favored skippable tiers since WotLK, goes out the window when the tiers are only 4 weeks apart. Myself, I'm hoping this is the first step of a return to form.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
While I have no doubt that nerfs will be applied to these raids over time, I doubt they will be put in place that quickly.

Why? Because there is a tier inside this tier, and the later tier will certainly make the earlier one easier to a certain degree.

I am certainly not holding to the thought that it won't receive nerfs, but I doubt (also hope) that the changes to difficulty will happen that fast. Maybe we will start seeing nerfs roll in for Mogu'shan Vaults a month after Terrace and Heart are released.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
08/01/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Koica

If it wasn't the first tier of the xpac I would say this is likely but even DS didn't start that fast. Though unfortunately its not out of realm of possibility....
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
08/01/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Petriim

If it wasn't the first tier of the xpac I would say this is likely but even DS didn't start that fast. Though unfortunately its not out of realm of possibility....

DS nerfs started ~1 month after release and it was even in the middle of two major holidays.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

If that was really the case why would they put 16 bosses in the first tier? It would've made more sense just to have a small/medium sized first tier and follow it up quickly with a big tier like this.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

What people do on their vacation is up to them. Hell sometimes I take a vacation day from work just to sit at home and relax. People taking off work to play a video game they enjoy is more than fine.

08/01/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Poena

Cataclysm wasn't overwhelming for me at all. Not exactly sure what angle you're coming from here. But I could say that with most of your posts.
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Mage
08/01/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Crithto
Just curious, why is raid finder being released a week after normal version?

This is a matter of striking a balance between preserving the feeling of guild progression and making the content accessible to players outside of organized guilds. We definitely want to see everyone have a chance to experience Mists of Pandaria raid content, so holding Raid Finder mode for a week feels like a reasonable window of time to accommodate players of all stripes.

For everything that thinks this is a good idea: Get ready to wait months for the second set of raids.

We thought our intent was made pretty clear in the Blizzard Insider article, as well as in my original post. But, if it’ll ease your concern, I’ll be more specific!

Any plans to remove the shared locks between 10 and 25? Figured I'd ask :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
This could be very good or very bad. Consider two historical examples:

#1: Black Temple was released hot on the heels of the tier 5 raids, so fast no one had even killed Kael'thas to attune to the new dungeon. Verdict: awesome

#2: Trial of the Crusader was released when the mainstream "bulge" of raiders was still working on Ulduar hard modes - not stalled at all, just still in a steady progression phase. Verdict: Ulduar raiding killed before its time, because ToC normal dropped higher ilvl despite being easier than Ulduar Hard

So when the Terrace opens, is it going to look like #1 or #2? It hinges on how mandatory 100% completion of Mogu'shan will be to success in the Terrace. Mandatory = Win. Skippable = Fail. All the arguments, about why Blizzard has favored skippable tiers since WotLK, goes out the window when the tiers are only 4 weeks apart. Myself, I'm hoping this is the first step of a return to form.

I don't think the comparison is 100% valid.

Ulduar wasn't killed immediately because it did take a month for ToC to open up in all it's 'glory' (I use that word trying to contain laughter). All we got out of ToC was one boss a week and it was pitiful.

The comparison doesn't hold because Ulduar was 226/239 (normal/hard mode), with ToC being 246/259 (normal hard mode). The 372 tribute capes not really counting for the comparison. If I understand the progression model in MoP correctly, Mogu'shan Vaults normal will be half a tier behind Heart and Terrace normal, while Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults will be a half a tier ahead of Heart/Terrace normal.

Ulduar was killed off because a lot of people were still progressing, the raid wasn't out that long (historically, tiers last a bit longer) and the loot was pretty much inferior in every way. If what I am saying is correct, Mogu'shan vaults won't die when the other two raids are released.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]