MoP raid releases will be staggered

90 Orc Shaman
HC
Me too love this plan, my dream was always to enjoy the first week without the pressure to lv and equip to start raiding as fast as we can.

What i didn't understand is the fact we are going to have 3 weeks of Mogu'shan Vaults heroic before next 2 normal instances open.

To go through Heart and Endless with some MV heroic gear make senses since the ilv of those normal tests was pretty high, but the ilv for all heroic testes was the same. So i sugest you get down a bit the dificulty of MV heroic or else people are going to hit their head in a brick all for 3 weeks.

I understand, you need them to gate it because you're forced into only doing one thing if not.
Edited by Sensations on 8/1/2012 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I feel like a sheep being herded into a fence with these forced gates.

But I can see where the bads are coming from with their argument "you can just not raid" is the same as "you can turn off the buff"
Edited by Asanenine on 8/1/2012 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
08/01/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Póttz
my dream was always to enjoy the first week without the pressure to lv and equip to start raiding as fast as we can.

You still could if they didn't do this.

I don't get why people don't understand this. You didn't have to raid the 1st week if you didn't want to.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The process of clear raid A before you are eligible to enter raid B is awesome. Tieing that to an arbitrarily assigned date is just a false slow down on the more ambitous players.

I agree that attunments were awesome. I wish they were back in the game. I wish that was how we were going to be gated. But it is not how we are going to be gated. The people have spoken and Blizzard has listened and we will not have attunements back... so instead we get hard gating with specific release dates.

How is content quantifiably or qualitatively better because you have to wait for it due to an arbitrary restriction? And that's all this four week delay is. An arbitrary restriction.

It's better because it's spread out. I would rather a tier of 6 bosses every 3-4 weeks instead of a tier of 18 bosses every 12 weeks.

Overwhelmed how? You can never be overwhelmed with progression until you start comparing yourself to others.

Untrue. I can be overwhelmed when there are too many options and too little time. Oh noes, we're wiping on boss # 3 in Instance #1, Lets try boss #2 in instance #3. Either way, see the above. Less over a short time is better than more over a long time... and for people who raid less, these changes will be giving us exactly that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
my dream was always to enjoy the first week without the pressure to lv and equip to start raiding as fast as we can.

I don't get why people don't understand this. You didn't have to raid the 1st week if you didn't want to.

But you do if you are in a raid guild with people who are addicted to raiding (see the other players in this thread who are threatening to quit WoW if they don't have raid content on release)... and if you are in a raid guild, then I promise you no matter the skill level, there will be people addicted to raiding and wanting to raid RIGHT NOW.
Edited by Poena on 8/1/2012 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
08/01/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Poena

But you do if you are in a raid guild with people who are addicted to raiding (see the other players in this thread who are threatening to quit WoW if they don't have raid content on release)... and if you are in a raid guild, then I promise you no matter the skill level, there will be people addicted to raiding and wanting to raid RIGHT NOW.

Then they're not the guild for them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Póttz

Doesn't work that way, in the 25 raid i am, if the normal mode start with the lauch we will start raiding at first week. I would prefer not, but as a commited raider i would do it as everyone else. it's my personal preference, to not have any raid open in the first week. For me if they decide to open everything in the second week instead of only 1 raid, will be really fine and will raid it all with my guild. Just personal preference.

Edit: and for all the hardcore guilds worried about world race, this week will not for sure bring advantages for one over the others. Since they had nothing to do for lot more months than all others after they achiev 8/8h DS i don't understand the drama of waiting 1 week to raid in a week there's plenty of things to do while they are logged.
Edited by Póttz on 8/1/2012 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/01/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Raxxed
People are bothered by MSV being delayed 1 week. But not as bothered as the MONTH wait for HoF/ToES. That's where the majority of the arguments are coming from.

Totally agree with that, don't see the point to wait 4 more weeks for the rest of normal modes while MSV hard mode will be open in third week for those who finish it in the second week, but will be extremely punishing with the gear ppl will have according to tests we did so far.
Edited by Póttz on 8/1/2012 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
08/01/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Poena

I'm addicted to raiding. It's the only reason I play this game. I have other guildies who are the same. But if half of my raid made it to 90 while we had to wait for the other half, I wouldn't push them to get to 90 at all. It wouldn't be fair to them.

I still don't understand why people HAVE to raid the first week if the raid is available to them if they don't want to.
Edited by Kuruption on 8/1/2012 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/01/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Kuruption

Yeah. And you don't have to use the DS 30% nerf either, just turn it off.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/01/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Póttz
Totally agree with that, don't see the point to wait 4 more weeks for the rest of normal modes while MSV hard mode will be open in third week for those who finish it in the second week, but will be extremely punishing with the gear ppl will have according to tests we did so far.

I thought it was obvious, they won't have the other raids ready by the release, they're rushing MoP out to beat annual passes, and need the extra month to finish the other 2 raids.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC

At least you admit the argument is valid then.
Edited by Sensations on 8/1/2012 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
08/01/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Sensations
Then they're not the guild for them.

Yes, tell yourself that. Tell yourself that someone who had existed the entire prior expansion happy wasn't just overcome with their addiction to the game and made hasty decisions to get instant gratification. Sorry, in most cases, your clearly well thought out perception was proven wrong. These players paid to transfer to and from the guild but only left when things were slightly slow for them (and knew well in advance that was how things would be). No the issue isn't the guild, it's the game and their addiction. Of the people who left the guild at the beginning of Cata (because the majority leveled too slow), 80% wanted back by Mid 4.1. Why? Their words "because they had made a mistake" was almost universally the response.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
08/01/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Lusignan

Ok?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
08/01/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Sensations

At least you admit the argument is valid then.

Lol valid in that they don't have a choice to NOT RAID THE FIRST WEEK if given the option. Why? Because of social (more, better and NOW!!!) and physiological pressures (addiction).
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So to be clear, the full schedule for US realms is:

September 25: MoP launches
October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.

Yup, this is the plan! Barring there aren't any 1s where there should be a 0, you've done your math well.

08/01/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Asanenine
The reality? The raids won't be completed for September 25th, and they're giving themselves an extra month to actually finish them.

This is 100% untrue. All 16 bosses are on the beta right now and have been tested. To be absolutely clear about why what you said has no basis in reality, once Mists is released we won’t need to apply a patch to the game before we can activate Heart of Fear and Terrace. This means we won’t have an extra month to continue working on these raids, as you’ve suggested.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm just impressed a Blue is responding.

Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]