MoP raid releases will be staggered

85 Troll Hunter
08/01/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Crithto
This is 100% untrue. All 16 bosses are on the beta right now and have been tested. To be absolutely clear about why what you said has no basis in reality, once Mists is released we won’t need to apply a patch to the game before we can activate Heart of Fear and Terrace. This means we won’t have an extra month to continue working on these raids, as you’ve suggested.

So then could you use that extra time to do something about the horrid state of the Looking for Guild forums?

Some of us whose guilds have gone out of existence would like to get back into the swing, and it's tough to know where to start if you're not a hardcore raider (the only people LFG forum is currently working for).
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Mage
Guess that's a no to the removal of shared raid locks. =p Alright, thanks for the clarification. Will pass it onto my guild. :)
Edited by Digerati on 8/1/2012 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The reality? The raids won't be completed for September 25th, and they're giving themselves an extra month to actually finish them.

This is 100% untrue. All 16 bosses are on the beta right now and have been tested. To be absolutely clear about why what you said has no basis in reality, once Mists is released we won’t need to apply a patch to the game before we can activate Heart of Fear and Terrace. This means we won’t have an extra month to continue working on these raids, as you’ve suggested.

So what are your responses to restricting how I play? And your reasoning behind it?

The double standard is just getting really annoying at this stage. Every time I have a complaint about either LFR or how raiding is now, the response is along the lines of "Play should be able to play how they want". While I don't like the argument I can understand it.

Now it comes to the opposite where the hardcore players are getting something limited and all of a sudden its okay to limit what people can and can't do. I just wish we could get a nice chart or something of when you can and can't use the "limited players" argument or something?

I'm just really sick of the double standards.
Edited by Telepathy on 8/1/2012 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I can hop on board with delaying the raid content a week. That's fine. However, pushing Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring back five weeks after launch just doesn't float my boat. If you want to gate content after the first week, that's cool. Do it in a reasonable time frame. In my honest opinion, Heart of Fear being released a week after Mogu'shan Vaults and Terrace being released a week after Heart of Fear would be such a better plan than "Here's Mogu'shan Vaults for four weeks, have fun with it."

I thought the reasoning for multiple raids was for players to have a choice on what to raid. Instead you're just pigeon-holing people to do one raid for four weeks before the players can branch out to the other fights.
Reply Quote
So to be clear, the full schedule for US realms is:

September 25: MoP launches
October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.

Yup, this is the plan! Barring there aren't any 1s where there should be a 0, you've done your math well.

08/01/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Asanenine
The reality? The raids won't be completed for September 25th, and they're giving themselves an extra month to actually finish them.

The timing is awfully suspicious that this is intented to drag out Annual pass accounts, funny the majority of the raid hits when the annual pass would be expiring..

odd that..

And yes its to stretch the tier.. they are going to stretch the first tier so the last tier doesnt drag on forever like it has the last 2 expansions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm just impressed a Blue is responding.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
08/01/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Crithto
Hopefully the time will go into debugging the encounters. I can't say I was pleased with the months that went by for things like buggy platforms jumps on Deathwing and infinite spreading fire on Blackhorn to be corrected (to name a few).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Gating is a great idea. The reason for gating HoF and Terrace is because the bosses in those instances are tuned assuming you have 489 gear from Vaults. I know a lot of raiders think they are awesome because they downed heroic deathwing with the 15-30% buff, but most of those players cannot handle normal modes if they are not geared properly.

Personally I think that Blizzard is saving themselves from a lot of complaining on the forums. Imagine if they opened all three raid instances at once. Trying to do normal mode HoF in 463 heroic gear would be a nightmare. People would complain that it is entirely too much overtuned while in actuality, they are just assuming that you geared up in MV. This forces people to gear up in MV and will greatly reduce the post expansion crying. Which for you hardcore players out there, means delaying the nerfs which I know you hate.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
So to be clear, the full schedule for US realms is:

September 25: MoP launches
October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.

Yup, this is the plan! Barring there aren't any 1s where there should be a 0, you've done your math well.

08/01/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Asanenine

What is the reasoning of waiting four weeks as opposed to two or three, four weeks is a long time to wait and doesn't really add to the better pacing that you mentioned in your first post. If anything it detracts from the pacing because of the near one month wait.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/01/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Trogdoroth
What is the reasoning of waiting four weeks as opposed to two or three, four weeks is a long time to wait and doesn't really add to the better pacing that you mentioned in your first post. If anything it detracts from the pacing because of the near one month wait.

It is 6 bosses with 6 heroic modes, I highly doubt they will all be completed in a month, and if they are, only by a very small percentage of the guilds.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
08/01/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Numbasix
It is 6 bosses with 6 heroic modes, I highly doubt they will all be completed in a month, and if they are, only by a very small percentage of the guilds.

Not to mention the time it will take to gear the majority of the raiders up for the next tier of content. Unless a raid group is very lucky, it'll take a while to get up to the gear standards for HoF and Terrace.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
08/01/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Poena
and if you are in a raid guild, then I promise you no matter the skill level, there will be people addicted to raiding and wanting to raid RIGHT NOW.

It's not an issue of addiction but an issue of expectations. When you joined your guild what was the raid schedule? How much time have you spent on your guild's forums discussing your collective plan for the first few weeks of the expansion? How was the previous expansion start handled with regards to raiding expectations?

When you join a guild there are some mutual expectations about availability, time commitment, and what you will do. You accept them when you apply to or accept a guild's invite. Maybe the start of the expansion wasn't discussed way back when but responsible guild leaders (and their membership) have probably discussed the start of the expansion already and clearly definied what they expect of everyone.

If they haven't that has nothing to do with the game's design and everything to do with bad leadership.

When your personal expectations no longer match those of a guild (or the guild no longer matches yours) then it's time to move on to one in which your personal goals and expectations alighn more. The game design shouldn't be altered to force either guilds or a segment of the playerbase into one group's narrowly defined timetable.

If there is no gating and you prefer a slower pace go somewhere that's decided not to raid until week four, five, twelve, or whatever. If you want to push content go find a guild that strives for such.

The artifical barriers of delayed release are unneccessary.

I'm just impressed a Blue is responding.

Thanks!

Totally echoing this. Thanks for taking the time to join the conversation and to clear up the specific dates of content release Chrihto. While I do not agree with the timetable you've (meaning the developers and not you personally) have decided on I do appreciate the clear responses.

08/01/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Ericus
Not to mention the time it will take to gear the majority of the raiders up for the next tier of content. Unless a raid group is very lucky, it'll take a while to get up to the gear standards for HoF and Terrace.

If you're capable of clearing normal vaults you are most likely capable of clearing a few bosses in the next raid before clearing heroic Vault bosses. Normal mode Nefarion, Al'Akir, and Cho'gall were all on par with or slightly easier than most early heroic encounters in Tier11.
Edited by Mcbenys on 8/1/2012 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Totally agree with that, don't see the point to wait 4 more weeks for the rest of normal modes while MSV hard mode will be open in third week for those who finish it in the second week, but will be extremely punishing with the gear ppl will have according to tests we did so far.

Indeed. People will be entering these hardmodes with an ilvl at or around 475

The hardmodes are 502 ilvl.

The majority of the HM's that were tested were very punishing on people, and the ilvl buff was MUCH higher than 475.

It would make much more sense to allow all 16 Normals in the first week, Then if they want to gate anything, gate the heroics.

Obviously the heroics are doable with such low ilvl, but it's going to require the stars and planets to align.

You mean most players will actually have to farm some gear for a couple weeks to clear heroics?

Perish the thought.

Heart and Terrace would let you out-gear Mogu'shan. Cut that !@#$ out.
Edited by Verelyse on 8/1/2012 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Glad a blue confirmed that the content is done, and essentially they are holding finished content back from us because they think it is a good idea.

Can anyone explain with good reasons why this is a good idea (that Blizzard is holding back completed content from us... when thousands of paying customers who haven't had any new content in 9 months want to do that new content)?

Simple, to try any let everyone be on equal footing (even though some will always be slower than others), and don't feel the need to rush or burnout themselves to clear all raid content..
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Simple, to try any let everyone be on equal footing (even though some will always be slower than others), and don't feel the need to rush or burnout themselves to clear all raid content..

The rush just starts a week later. and the rush will be stronger to beat nerfs.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
Glad a blue confirmed that the content is done, and essentially they are holding finished content back from us because they think it is a good idea.

Can anyone explain with good reasons why this is a good idea (that Blizzard is holding back completed content from us... when thousands of paying customers who haven't had any new content in 9 months want to do that new content)?

I'm sorry but if they weren't going to be on equal footing even if they released 16 bosses they're not going to be on equal footing now. Not to mention people are still going to rush it when it's out due to nerfs coming out probably when the next two are released.
Edited by Sensations on 8/1/2012 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Honestly I will be very disappointing if they do not allow for at least Mogadishu Vault to be raided the first week of the expansion.

I enjoy taking a few days off from work and being able to raid more then I would in my regular schedule. At launch.

Please at least have 5-6 raid able bosses week one. I do not understand why people feel Overwhelmed by to many available bosses. If your "Overwhelmed" go for a walk and watch the news that should put it back in to perspective.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Honestly I will be very disappointing if they do not allow for at least Mogadishu Vault to be raided the first week of the expansion.

I enjoy taking a few days off from work and being able to raid more then I would in my regular schedule. At launch.

Please at least have 5-6 raid able bosses week one. I do not understand why people feel Overwhelmed by to many available bosses. If your "Overwhelmed" go for a walk and watch the news that should put it back in to perspective.

I don't believe its about feeling 'overwhelmed by too many raid bosses." Its about letting people enjoy the content a bit more at the start instead of having to power to 90 and cram in as many 5 man heroic runs as they can in the first couple of days, just so they can keep their raid spot. Yep, there will be people who power to 90 anyways, but not everyone wants to be forced to do that to keep their raid spot.

As far as taking time off work to raid, you could just push your time requested off back a week? ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]