MoP raid releases will be staggered

90 Night Elf Hunter
I see it like this. Lvl as fast as you can, get you rep gear and crafted gear. Then log off till the raid opens. Once you have normal mode done again log off for next three weeks till the next raid opens. Simple. Just remember to cancel your subscription for that time as there is no reason to pay for something you are not getting.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
08/01/2012 05:11 PMPosted by T@%!!#@
Can anyone explain with good reasons why this is a good idea

Plenty of people have explained with plenty of good reasons. Ignoring opposing arguments does not make your own more correct.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/01/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Okuu
Plenty of people have explained with plenty of good reasons. Ignoring opposing arguments does not make your own more correct.

So far, I've heard "you can turn the buff off".
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
08/01/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Okuu

I really haven't heard one yet. Please enlighten me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/01/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Kuruption

I really haven't heard one yet. Please enlighten me.

My pleasure.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?79776-The-Weekly-Marmot-Tier-14-Raid-Delays
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I think that staggering the release for raids and LFR further is a good idea. Just like cata, the talent and spellbook are getting HUGE overhauls, they play almost completely different. On top of that, staggering LFR even further allows for the exclusivity of Normal and heroic raiding, if only for a little bit and also will help players who shake their heads because they dont get it when trying to solve a boss encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
This is another stupid design philosophy. Worse than the "rate of change" crap they pulled mid-Cata.

Delaying raids so we can "enjoy the content." Does anyone else aside from myself realize how stupid that is? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world who can call people on their BS.

I'm sure excited for those Pokemon battles and daily quests! Like I've never seen that before. I played pokemon 16 years ago when I was a kid, and I got tired of dailies the first month I hit the level cap in this crappy game. What a horrible idea.
Edited by Jorahlol on 8/1/2012 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/01/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Jorahlol
Delaying raids so we can "enjoy the content." Does anyone else aside from myself realize how stupid that is? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world who can call people on their BS.

I think it's one of the smartest things Blizzard's ever done.

Way for subjectivity.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
08/01/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Verelyse

Way for subjectivity.

You think it's smart to stop people from doing content they want? What if pet battles, scenarios, challenge modes, crafting 525+ and the continent of Pandaria were turned off for a week after release? It would slow everyone down from finishing all their stuff to do, why not just delay everything? Why is delaying raids okay, but I can guarantee that if they delayed any of the above all of you would be singing a different tune.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"We’ve been keeping a very close eye on the feedback players have shared for both Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria raiding."

Where the heck is this feedback you reference, because I remember a overwhelming amount of players annoyed with gating content. Hey what do I know, what players want doesn't matter.

/Not buying MoP, and yet anouther reason I'm happy to cancel my sub.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
What if they held back pet battles for a week so every one could get new pets it is the same thing right? Or better yet remove them all together. How about challenge modes or scenarios as you don't get much from them any way. These things were not put in for raiders but raiders are the ones that are losing out so it is ok then. We all know this is just to stretch out the content and nothing more. They saw how fast DS went down and don't want to repeat that as they lost a few subscriptions, and that is not good for the bottom line. In my opinion they still have not added anything other then raiding and PVP for end game that I would want to do.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Where the heck is this feedback you reference, because I remember a overwhelming amount of players annoyed with gating content. Hey what do I know, what players want doesn't matter.

There was a post about delaying raiding.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5568806276?page=1

It was about 12 pages, 10 pages worth of "Rofl" and 2 pages of "I agree with everything that pisses off raiders"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4217173534 - Here's another one related.
Edited by Asanenine on 8/1/2012 11:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This is so nice, anyone who thinks this is a bad idea clearly does not remember the launch of Cata and trying to fit so much into the first week. Now the launch might actually be fun, I cannot wait.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
08/01/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Telepathy
You think it's smart to stop people from doing content they want? What if pet battles, scenarios, challenge modes, crafting 525+ and the continent of Pandaria were turned off for a week after release? It would slow everyone down from finishing all their stuff to do, why not just delay everything? Why is delaying raids okay, but I can guarantee that if they delayed any of the above all of you would be singing a different tune.

It's not the same, you can't even compare those. I seriously doubt someone's guild is going to rush their members for pet battles or scenarios. Raiding is a lot more competitive than those. They don't reward the top end stuff. They aren't going to give server firsts or getting a lead on gear/progression.

People are forced to rush to 90 and get geared for raiding if there wasn't a forced gate. Instead people can level and enjoy it instead of rushing themselves through it which can take the fun out of it. Some people may not like leveling at all and just want to rush raiding but not everyone can win when people want different things.

One week of waiting won't be the end of the world. Though I would say delaying Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs an entire month from Mogu'shan is unnecessary since people already have the first week to relax so they should release the raids together.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
This staggered raid release is a horrible idea. Instead of progession being 1-2 months it will be more like 3-4. I can't wrap my mind around the reason this is going to be worse gating than Icc. We farm the vault for a month then the real race starts ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/01/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Halloween
This staggered raid release is a horrible idea. Instead of progession being 1-2 months it will be more like 3-4. I can't wrap my mind around the reason this is going to be worse gating than Icc. We farm the vault for a month then the real race starts ?

Didn't Paragon even criticize T11 for being ungated?

I definitely wasn't expecting four weeks between raids, but it doesn't seem completely nonsensical.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
People are forced to rush to 90 and get geared for raiding if there wasn't a forced gate. Instead people can level and enjoy it instead of rushing themselves through it which can take the fun out of it. Some people may not like leveling at all and just want to rush raiding but not everyone can win when people want different things.

One week of waiting won't be the end of the world. Though I would say delaying Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs an entire month from Mogu'shan is unnecessary since people already have the first week to relax so they should release the raids together.

My guild and its members only joy from this game is raiding. We are not a leveling guild, nor a pvp guild, we are a raiding guild. You want us to sit on our thumbs for the first week so we can steamroll normals of just 1 raid the next and again wait to actually get into the real content for us heroics? So basically everyone but raiders get to do what they enjoy from day 1, but anyone who plays for hardcore raiding gets to wait 2 weeks before their "release" happens. I'm ok with them pushing back the other two since there is an ilvl (and my guess difficulty) difference, but not have any raid at launch is just dumb plain and simple.

There are a lot of people here saying I'll get to sit back and enjoy leveling, but where you might enjoy it others don't. We simply want something to do the first week that we enjoy, and that is a raid of some sort.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/01/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Crithto
Rather than putting a lot of pressure on players by opening up sixteen raid bosses in three separate difficulties upon release of the expansio

Now instead those players you are referring to will have to lvl up loads of raid ready alts off the bat to do multiple normal clears to compete instead. Friggen stupid idea if you ask me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
08/01/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Verelyse

Way for subjectivity.

Gee, let me think. Just releasing all the content thats already finished lets people enjoy the MFing content, too. If you want to take it slow thats your business and I'm totally cool with whatever way people want to play the game.

This is the game developer railroading us to doing the content they want us to do. You can't get much more theme park than that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]