MoP raid releases will be staggered

90 Troll Shaman
08/02/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Tyrnyx
But we do still have the World Bosses to race to. And if anything it is more of a rush because if you are too slow they will be downed already and unavailable. I do understand the frustration though.

I really don't count world bosses are raids, because when it comes right down to it the real fight is trying to snag it before other guild rather than the fight itself. Unless top guilds can agree to "share" the world bosses, it turns into a nasty snag fest.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
World bosses are replacing vault bosses IE they are a joke with LFR loot. Dont get me wrong i think the concept of world bosses are cool and when blizz said they were bringing them back i was excited...

Then they announced there were only 2. If there 6-7 world bosses maybe this would ease the pain of no real raid content at launch. But again there is no reason to delay the availability of content.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Dont Nerf the Raids bad this time cause DS was too easy if you ask me.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Well we have guild feats of strength now for doing a dungeon before the next tier without any buffs. Progress sites will probably tack that in and people will now be 'forced' to do it. At least I think that's what they will do.

If they do that everybody who cares about their rank will finally have a reason to do an arbitrary acheesement solely based on a site that values our acheesements on a point value.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Can someone answer this for me please?

I understand that Mogushan Vaults is going to be out a week after the xpac drops, but what about the 2 world bosses? Will those be spawning and killable the week of the xpac?

Yes, world bosses will be available on day 1. Oh, the days of trying to down Azuregos. September 25 is going to be epic! =D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

I understand that Mogushan Vaults is going to be out a week after the xpac drops, but what about the 2 world bosses? Will those be spawning and killable the week of the xpac?

Yes, world bosses will be available on day 1. Oh, the days of trying to down Azuregos. September 25 is going to be epic! =D

Should I infer from this comment that world bosses will have loot that is meaningful to, and potentially necessary for, raid progression?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

You have my solemn promise that if i don't get to the world bosses first, i will go a pug-hunting. >:)
Edited by Arianity on 8/2/2012 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

Is there any chance you could um... you know bring the old world bosses back? I know level 85/90s would trounce them but still, it just doesn't seem right that the original fel reavers are gone!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
08/02/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Dimmak
Is there any chance you could um... you know bring the old world bosses back? I know level 85/90s would trounce them but still, it just doesn't seem right that the original fel reavers are gone!

That's impossible due to the story progression that occurred in Cata. Quest through Feralas (either faction I think) and Azshara (Horde only) and you'll see what I mean.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Should I infer from this comment that world bosses will have loot that is meaningful to, and potentially necessary for, raid progression?

No, the rush will be for 2 reasons: A. They have a realm first achievement so I'm going to assume they would be rush killed at least for that. (ya they will be easy to kill by themselves but when 2 groups are fighting over them?) B. they drop mounts. So they will be heavily farmed.

They probably do drop MV/VP ilvl gear but I don't know if it's been data mined though but I'm going to take a wild guess and say that won't make or break progression. And they probably have a looooong respawn time.
Edited by Petriim on 8/2/2012 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Paladin
I feel like anyone who doesn't care about world bosses will be left twiddling their thumbs for the first week.

personally I couldn't care any less about Pokewow and tending to a farm. If I were to be playing I'd hit 90 in probably a little over a day which would leave me a good 5 1/2 - 5 3/4 days of doing nothing.

Challenge modes? Don't reward you with any gear for raids
Heroics? oh man those will be boring after the first or second day

No raid content at release is the worst possible thing you could choose for this expansion, and I'm glad I'll be officially unsubbing once my Annual Pass(which was the biggest mistake I made in this game, other than getting D3 for free which was a flop anyway) runs out.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
08/02/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Adarant

That's impossible due to the story progression that occurred in Cata. Quest through Feralas (either faction I think) and Azshara (Horde only) and you'll see what I mean.

Not to mention their drops will come back on BMAH so for most people that reason for bringing them back will be gone.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Warrior
08/02/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Crithto

I have an important question regarding world bosses and im sure others have this on their minds as well.

as new tiers are added, will you be implementing more world bosses to match the difficulty of the tier and thus creating a larger roister of epic world boss encounters for us players to jump into?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I remember Paragon saying during Sinestra, Blizzard was making hotfixing between attempts, so you could do one thing for one attempt, next attempt, it was hotfixed, and they had to wipe and think of a new strategy.

I also remember Cuties Only making the same comment when they were doing Ascendant Council.

This is correct. Number of bosses may have been a big deal to some (I really don't remember many people complaining about it at the time, but that's sheer memory and she's a fickle mistress), but bosses being constantly changed, and several fights being completely screwed up to the point of needing a rework was definitely a big deal.

It wasn't even until 4.1 that Sinestra Orbs were changed to not be able to pick 2 healers on 10-man, for example. Between release and 4.1, 10-man Sinestra was "Hope she doesn't Orb both our healers at once". THank god we were 25-man.
Edited by Slashlove on 8/2/2012 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

Yes, world bosses will be available on day 1. Oh, the days of trying to down Azuregos. October 2nd is going to be epic! =D

Fixed for you! Since that is when we will actually get a raid.
Edited by Haxzors on 8/2/2012 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
71 Orc Hunter
I honestly loved sitting in a raid for 12+ hours smashing my face off a keyboard wiping on 1 boss, you really got to know people then. now it's just clear the raid in an hour then everyone does their own thing
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/02/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Kuruption
The thing, some people enjoy leveling like crazy and then raiding as fast as they can. It's what they enjoy. And it only happens every 2-3 years. So taking that from them is why you see people here expressing their disappointment/anger in this thread.

Yeah, the release of tier 11 was super enjoyable, probably the best thing that Blizzard has ever done. Oh wait, none of that is true at all and you are !@#$ing stupid for trying to act like it was.

"Right now we are probably even happier to be able to soon go back to our 1 day/week raiding schedule after the merciless non-gated grind." - Paragon after completing the final boss in tier 11. The most "Hardcore" of the hardcore in the world described the experience as merciless, lets take a look here.

mer·ci·less/ˈmərsiləs/
Adjective: Showing no mercy or pity.
Synonyms: pitiless - ruthless - unmerciful - cruel - remorseless

fun/fən/
Noun: Enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure: "anyone who turns up can join in the fun".
Adjective: Amusing, entertaining, or enjoyable: "it was a fun evening".
Verb: Joke or tease: "no need to get sore—I was only funning"; "they are just funning you".
Synonyms:
noun. amusement - joke - sport - jest - lark - entertainment
verb. joke - jest - banter - jape - lark

Wow there are some pretty glaring differences there. Honestly I am almost confused as to why people would pretend they will have nothing to do the first week of a new expansion. If you are out of things to do in the FIRST week of Mists, you need to quit the game now. Also even once raiding starts up, how would that fill all of your time? What are you going to do when you aren't raiding? Oh the same god damn thing you could do the first week of Mists? Got it.

Edit:
Nevermind, it turns out most of you dip!@#$s in this thread are just the loud stupid minority.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1169196-Do-you-like-the-quot-Gated-quot-raid-progress-direction-for-MoP
Edited by Applemask on 8/2/2012 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You sound angry.

And I'm trying to remember when I said Paragon in the sentence you quoted.

I said some people.

But whatever makes your rant work I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You sound angry.

And I'm trying to remember when I said Paragon in the sentence you quoted.

I said some people.

But whatever makes your rant work I guess.

Oh I didn't know by some people we were talking about you and your !@#$ty friends. Sorry me using the poster boys of WoW raiding to make my example was not as valid as your use of "Some people". Got it.

Anyways "Some people" said - "Right now we are probably even happier to be able to soon go back to our 1 day/week raiding schedule after the merciless non-gated grind."

There, that was pretty easy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

And then when everyone is level 100-ish in the expansion after the expansion for MoP we'll be able to solo kill them! (Unless crafty Death Knights do it at 90.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]