MoP raid releases will be staggered

85 Draenei Paladin

Yes, world bosses will be available on day 1. Oh, the days of trying to down Azuregos. September 25 is going to be epic! =D

And then when everyone is level 100-ish in the expansion after the expansion for MoP we'll be able to solo kill them! (Unless crafty Death Knights do it at 90.)

Didn't a warlock glitch solo kill galleon?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

This is 100% untrue. All 16 bosses are on the beta right now and have been tested. To be absolutely clear about why what you said has no basis in reality, once Mists is released we won’t need to apply a patch to the game before we can activate Heart of Fear and Terrace. This means we won’t have an extra month to continue working on these raids, as you’ve suggested.

I will not contest that you will consider the raids finished at MoP launch and that playing them won't require a patch. However, you have to admit that with how powerful your hotfixing tools have become over the years, that if you wanted to you could significantly modify or retune the later raids if you wished during the intervening period without requiring any kind of client side patch.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
08/02/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Crithto
Yes, world bosses will be available on day 1. Oh, the days of trying to down Azuregos. September 25 is going to be epic! =D

Are the world bosses going to have random spawn times after the reset or are they set to spawn right when servers restart on teusdays?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
08/02/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Tehillim

Are the world bosses going to have random spawn times after the reset or are they set to spawn right when servers restart on teusdays?

I would guess this would be worthy of its own thread.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
So to be clear, the full schedule for US realms is:

September 25: MoP launches
October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.

I just want to be 100% clear, October 7th is a Sunday, is this correct? Or was that a typo and the date meant to be October 9th the Tuesday?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/02/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Melenkor
Also instant cast proccing DoC sounds like a nice recipe for interesting game play. Weaving in instant HTs for buffed rakes and rips sounds kinda fun to me (because all the !@#$ we already have to deal with wasn't enough).

I kinda feel the same way. The Feral rotation has enough going on already that it really doesn't need another thing to weave in. I really hope it isn't clearly the best DPS option so I can ignore it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/02/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Applemask
fun/fən/

Definition for gated:
Web definitions:
(Gaters) Stargate fandom is a community of people actively interested in the military science fiction film Stargate and the television...

So look, Gated isn't the exact same definition of fun too!!!!

Merciless can be fun, there's people who enjoy it. WoW had this thing, where they made the end bosses and end raids merciless. It allowed people who play more than 2 hours a week to have content.

The people who only play 2 hours had dozens of bosses, while the 2 or 3 for people with dedicated, time and skill were "Inaccessible" (Much like a wheelchair ramp isn't considered legal unless there's a person to push you up it, Right?) to people who reforge spirit on their DK.

So far, everything in this expansion is making me feel like I'm compartmentalized. I can't raid until Blizzard lets me, I cant fly til Blizzard let's me. I can't battle pet's until Blizzard let's me. I guess Blizzard took the "WE DONT LIKE BABYSITTING PEOPLE" from LFR and decided to babysit everyone now. When's nap time?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
No raids available for launch Very Lame
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/02/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Tomax
No raids available for launch Very Lame

I respectfully disagree.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You can disagree but that just says that you do not care about the presence of raids week 1 so having them would improve my enjoyment of the game while not impacting yours. Hence it is just strictly better if the raids are available.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/02/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Waste
Just out of curiosity what is the definition of a hardcore raider? My definition is someone from a top 20 guild. Are most people calling themselves hardcore in this thread from a top 20 guild?

There is no commonly agreed-upon definition.

The reality is that raiders come in all shapes and sizes and widely varying levels of skill, interest or commitment across a long continuum.

But on the forums, we keep trying to shove this huge and varied population into exactly two discrete boxes ("hardcore" and "casual") and pit them against each other.

It makes no sense, but it makes for long, acrimonious threads. So I guess that's something.

This is my set of working definitions I've been using for awhile:

Motivated Disinterested

Casual Gets the job done Fails spectacularly
Hardcore ^ (but sooner) ^ (but wastes more time at it)

08/02/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Crithto

Cataclysm did much to dampen my enthusiasm.

I hope Mists is good enough for me to be as excited as you seem to be one day. :|
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/02/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Tomax
You can disagree but that just says that you do not care about the presence of raids week 1 so having them would improve my enjoyment of the game while not impacting yours. Hence it is just strictly better if the raids are available.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6201711873?page=17#340

http://i.imgur.com/Rg8qd.gif
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/02/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Verelyse
But on the forums, we keep trying to shove this huge and varied population into exactly two discrete boxes ("hardcore" and "casual") and pit them against each other.

Only people looking to sidetrack a thread bother to argue the definition. Everyone else has realized this by now. :)

08/02/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Tomax
but that just says that you do not care about the presence of raids week 1

Faulty assumption. He doesn't want them week 1, that is not the same as not caring (where having them or not would have no effect on him, hence he wouldn't care).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You can complain whatever you want, but i'm pretty sure in all of hardcore guilds theres some members that are very happy with this schedule but they will never say that out loud...

Blizzard always says they have the numbers. if it's true, in this case, they are beting this strategy will please the majority os players and keep their subscriptions as well as the haters/enraged burnout hardcores players that are minority of the minority even after they get red and blow up after several of complaining posts but will not quit the game, at least not in a big number.

People think is bad do 1 week of normal MV and 3 weeks of heroic MV with gear not higher than 475 in a raid we tested with a 489 ilv and still was pretty hard. Ok let's they the burnouts clear in 1 week all the 6 heroic bosses. Even better, they have 2 more weeks to gear for next raid.

If you don't want wait or do 2 weeks of heroic farm, go slow, no one is forcing you to go fast :D /sarcasm

I'm sure you dont think waiting is bad as you are used to burn content and wait several months for the next.
Edited by Póttz on 8/2/2012 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/02/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Arianity
Faulty assumption. He doesn't want them week 1, that is not the same as not caring (where having them or not would have no effect on him, hence he wouldn't care).

Exactly, if I didn't care, I wouldn't post. But I do care, I like that they're doing this. This is good news to me. If this is really your favorite part of the game then I do feel bad for what you're losing, but sometimes that's just the way it goes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
paying close attention to feedback...... lolsure...... that's why savage roar is still in-game when literally every druid i can find hates it
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
so 10 months of dragon soul expansion launches no new raid..... Sounds like swotr.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The thing, some people enjoy leveling like crazy and then raiding as fast as they can. It's what they enjoy. And it only happens every 2-3 years. So taking that from them is why you see people here expressing their disappointment/anger in this thread.

Yeah, the release of tier 11 was super enjoyable, probably the best thing that Blizzard has ever done. Oh wait, none of that is true at all and you are !@#$ing stupid for trying to act like it was.

"Right now we are probably even happier to be able to soon go back to our 1 day/week raiding schedule after the merciless non-gated grind." - Paragon after completing the final boss in tier 11. The most "Hardcore" of the hardcore in the world described the experience as merciless, lets take a look here.

mer·ci·less/ˈmərsiləs/
Adjective: Showing no mercy or pity.
Synonyms: pitiless - ruthless - unmerciful - cruel - remorseless

fun/fən/
Noun: Enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure: "anyone who turns up can join in the fun".
Adjective: Amusing, entertaining, or enjoyable: "it was a fun evening".
Verb: Joke or tease: "no need to get sore—I was only funning"; "they are just funning you".
Synonyms:
noun. amusement - joke - sport - jest - lark - entertainment
verb. joke - jest - banter - jape - lark

Wow there are some pretty glaring differences there. Honestly I am almost confused as to why people would pretend they will have nothing to do the first week of a new expansion. If you are out of things to do in the FIRST week of Mists, you need to quit the game now. Also even once raiding starts up, how would that fill all of your time? What are you going to do when you aren't raiding? Oh the same god damn thing you could do the first week of Mists? Got it.

Edit:
Nevermind, it turns out most of you dip!@#$s in this thread are just the loud stupid minority.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1169196-Do-you-like-the-quot-Gated-quot-raid-progress-direction-for-MoP

I care as much about what Paragon does as I do about what you do, which is none at all. I don't care if they don't like it or do like it. Same thing goes for you.

But what I do know is that I personally LOVE it and hate that it's being taken away.

If Paragon isn't the guild willing to run instances for 2 weeks straight for 20 hours a day, then maybe they aren't the top world guild they used to be. Giving up mass amount of time is how world firsts have always been done. Instead of 10 attempts a day over a week, you can throw those 10 in to 1 day and do it 6 more times the rest of the week. I personally can't do those hours anymore, so guess what, I stopped doing high end hardcore raiding and cut my schedule back some and dropped in rank because of it. People in general need to stop trying to force what they want on other people if there is some manner of objection.

But it comes down to the fact that I love the rush at the start. Do I get through all heroics RAIDS(my edit) in a day? Hell no, but that has no baring at all on what I find fun. I'm just annoyed it's being taken away and everyone is acting like its fine because one guild said it was fine. Paragon is just as important as any other guild when it comes to something like this.
Edited by Telepathy on 8/2/2012 9:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Re: feedback

Bizzard.
In firelands can you please do something about the fire embers so that everyone can roll on them please. Everyone is keeping them for on reserve and its not fair.
Can you please address this so anyone can roll on them in the raid! please reply and respond to this, its very frustrating. take them off master loot and let everyone greed roll

iceware
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]