MoP raid releases will be staggered

100 Tauren Druid
Re: feedback

Bizzard.
In firelands can you please do something about the fire embers so that everyone can roll on them please. Everyone is keeping them for on reserve and its not fair.
Can you please address this so anyone can roll on them in the raid! please reply and respond to this, its very frustrating. take them off master loot and let everyone greed roll

iceware

This is the state of the game..... Legendarys are like community college every one is entitled to it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This is the state of the game..... Legendarys are like community college every one is entitled to it.

The Playerbase is improving.
Just look at how many more legendaries there are. And Everyone's ilevel is higher.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
08/03/2012 02:23 AMPosted by Asanenine

Just look at how many more legendaries there are. And Everyone's ilevel is higher.

The annoying part is I think the playerbase actually is improving overall, except they have to improve less and less with each successive content nerf, until we start losing any ground we gained. I swear I'm a much worse player now than I was in T11, just because the content lets you be so abjectly lazy.
Edited by Verelyse on 8/3/2012 3:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/03/2012 03:19 AMPosted by Verelyse
The annoying part is I think the playerbase actually is improving overall, except they have to improve less and less with each successive content nerf, until we start losing any ground we gained. I swear I'm a much worse player now than I was in T11, just because the content lets you be so abjectly lazy.

The amount of good players who quit vs new players who join and are from the "EVERYONE WINS A TROPHY ^_^" Era, in which they don't need TO improve themselves to get reward is disproportionate.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
08/03/2012 03:28 AMPosted by Asanenine

The amount of good players who quit vs new players who join and are from the "EVERYONE WINS A TROPHY ^_^" Era, in which they don't need TO improve themselves to get reward is disproportionate.

So we're all lulled into a false sense of competence, huh. That's depressing.

Hopefully someone somewhere pulls a fantastic essay on the Dunning-Kruger Effect out of all this.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage

Hahaha, that's funn-wait, hang on you actually think that there are so many legendaries around these days because the community is getting better? not because there is absolutely no skill required to get them, now that is the funniest thing i've heard all day
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue

Hahaha, that's funn-wait, hang on you actually think that there are so many legendaries around these days because the community is getting better? not because there is absolutely no skill required to get them, now that is the funniest thing i've heard all day

Woosh, I think. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
We’ve been keeping a very close eye on the feedback players have shared for both Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria raiding. We saw a lot of evidence and heard a lot of feedback which indicated that raid content was a little overwhelming at the beginning of Cataclysm. Our goal is to smooth that out a bit in Mists of Pandaria. Keep in mind, Mogu’shan Vaults opens up one week after Mists of Pandaria launches. And with its Heroic mode even the most seasoned raiders should be pretty busy. Once the raid dungeon has been cleared by a group on normal mode they’ll unlock Heroic mode, a definite ramp up in challenge. Also note, similar to Dragon Soul, Raid Finder mode for Mogu’shan Vaults will be available about one week after the normal raid has been opened.

Rather than putting a lot of pressure on players by opening up sixteen raid bosses in three separate difficulties upon release of the expansion, we hope you’ll have a chance to really dig into the lore, the gorgeous new continent, the amazing new quests, and all of the other goodies that are far too numerable to mention. Our intention here is not to artificially extend the life of the 5.0 content, but rather to pace it better than we have in previous releases. This is why we noted that a few weeks after Mogu’shan Vaults opens, raid instances Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring will become available. These dungeons will still very much be hot on the heels of Mogu’shan Vaults, particularly for the large majority of players progressing through Pandaria.

Here’s a basic breakdown of the pattern we’d like to follow for all upcoming raids: Dungeon opens on normal difficulty --> Heroic mode is unlocked once normal mode is completed --> the Raid Finder version becomes available about one week after the raid’s initial opening. To review all of the latest Mists raid release details, everyone is encouraged to check out our latest blog, [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6813350/Blizzard_Insider_45_%E2%80%93_Mists_of_Pandaria_%E2%80%93_Raid_Preview-7_30_2012"]Blizzard Insider #45 – Mists of Pandaria – Raid Preview[/url], which has a wealth of exciting new information.

On a final note, thank you to everyone who has been testing the new content, sharing your feedback, and helping us bring you the most epic game possible! It cannot be said enough, but we genuinely appreciate it. =)

What I'd really like to know is whether Blizzard is going to continue the model of shepherding everyone into 1 tier of content, or whether they're going to allow the player base to progress at their own pace.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Thing is, they waste enough time as is on content that should have been tuned as other content.

T13 should have been the End of Time and Well of Eternity wrapped into one. With LFR - there's not much purpose for new and exciting 5 mans. This would have done exactly what needs to be done, and that's add more content that's accessible to everyone.

The story could have played out to exactly what happened, first your shown what happens if Deathwing wins, then you proceed to get the Dragon Soul from the WoE. Instead of EoT being 3 bosses, you mandate all the bosses in a specified order then you afterwards the bronze dragonflight would have sent you back in time to retrieve the dragonsoul, which in all actuality could have been a completely separate raid instance.

Bam, right there you add another 8-10 boss tier (because they could have expanded on WoE if it was an actual raid instance) that could have easily been broken down.

This would have basically pushed a lore filled instance, and actually given proper build up to the final tier and delayed DS by a good 3-4 months.

A big portion of the problem (and this might more relate into "We consume content too fast" than this) is the gaps between content. The amount of developmental time would have roughly been the same, but the content would have bridged out to more players and overall blizzard wouldn't be knee deep in the "we're out of content" mess we're constantly in.

LFR does a lot for this game, and honestly it needs to become a win/win situation for both raiders and non-raiders. 5-mans are almost a complete waste of time. The fact is, you can play with Ilevels and people would still be happy. Forcing the LFR gear to be 1/2 tier behind last tiers heroic gear would do wonders. I mean, as long as casuals are getting their upgrades they are happy for the most part.

4.3 in my mind just proved that pushing two forms of content (both 5 man and raid) at the same time is a losing scenario. If Blizzard really thinks LFR is winning them over, they need to push it.

I don't think there's a real effective way for Blizzard to not push players into the same tier of content. The issue is I don't think they see that flaw, due to MoP launching with a lot of heroic instances. 5-man's are really well and cool, but they outright don't last that long. Their idea of challenge modes will prolong that content just goes to show how disconnected they are with their playerbase.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/03/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Blâderunner

People are in 390+ ilevels now, 2 years ago they were in like, 260 ilevel.

They're 130 ilevels more skilled than before.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
08/03/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Disagreed
Their idea of challenge modes will prolong that content just goes to show how disconnected they are with their playerbase

I don't think the primary goal of Challenge Modes is to extend the life of that content. I think it's a sincere effort to present players with the challenge they've been wanting from 5-mans without forcing that level of difficulty on everyone who wants to experience those instances.

I'm sure some players would prefer something besides speed clears, and hopefully it will evolve to include more, but I think the point is to give players a choice beyond grinding the same faceroll dungeons for VP.

I think it'll be interesting to see if players actually want the challenge or if they just really enjoy talking about how much taller the hills were on their way to and home from school.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
So to be clear, the full schedule for US realms is:

September 25: MoP launches
October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.

Yup, this is the plan! Barring there aren't any 1s where there should be a 0, you've done your math well.

08/01/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Asanenine
The reality? The raids won't be completed for September 25th, and they're giving themselves an extra month to actually finish them.

This is 100% untrue. All 16 bosses are on the beta right now and have been tested. To be absolutely clear about why what you said has no basis in reality, once Mists is released we won’t need to apply a patch to the game before we can activate Heart of Fear and Terrace. This means we won’t have an extra month to continue working on these raids, as you’ve suggested.

October 7 is a Sunday?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
08/03/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Karamok
I think it'll be interesting to see if players actually want the challenge or if they just really enjoy talking about how much taller the hills were on their way to and home from school.

Challenge modes are outside the ladder of PvE progression.

They're just a curiosity for people to screw around in when they're bored, that's it.

08/03/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Ichi
October 7 is a Sunday?

This has come up a lot, we're pretty sure it should've been Oct. 9th. :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
08/03/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Karamok
Their idea of challenge modes will prolong that content just goes to show how disconnected they are with their playerbase

I don't think the primary goal of Challenge Modes is to extend the life of that content. I think it's a sincere effort to present players with the challenge they've been wanting from 5-mans without forcing that level of difficulty on everyone who wants to experience those instances.

I'm sure some players would prefer something besides speed clears, and hopefully it will evolve to include more, but I think the point is to give players a choice beyond grinding the same faceroll dungeons for VP.

I don't think to many people think it's an interesting concept at all with it's incarnation and implementation. With 5 mans, even more so on ones that are tightly tuned around speed it's critical to have things like Bloodlust, quick CC, good burst for trash, high DPS, a tank that takes the least amount of damage, and a healer that can either support the DPS or have the best mana regen in low end gear.

With how much of that criteria fits mages perfectly, I doubt we'll see a single server top speed run on any instance that does not include at least one mage.

It's a convenience issue to most players, you have to run to the instance itself - the kicker is by the time you can port to the instance you already have gold so there's no incentive to go back. If you want straight VP, outside of the gear normalization the mobs have significantly more health and do more damage.

This is not mentioning to secure the bast times, all DPS are outright going to need a second set of gear. It will does not normalize your hit. That's a TON of wasted itemization on hit, since the people this is aimed at are likely going to be in raid gear.

Outside of grabbing gold once per instance for the rewards, I can't think of a reason to ever step foot back in them (outside of maybe helping someone else get all golds).
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
If it posts and compares times, I can see myself caring enough to secure the fastest time on my server, even after obtaining gold.

I realize that might not be for everybody but I do find speed runs pretty fun.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
08/03/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Asanenine

And? What's your point?

Or are you just typing away on another forum alt for the fun of it?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
What loot will the world bosses drop? I believe I remember something being said about them being like bh for mists? Will they drop tier tokens or just some random loot?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

And? What's your point?

Or are you just typing away on another forum alt for the fun of it?

Just pointing out that the player base has improved by 30%. Basic math, i'm sure it'll click for you.
Edited by Arianity on 8/3/2012 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]