MoP raid releases will be staggered

Can someone answer this for me please?

I understand that Mogushan Vaults is going to be out a week after the xpac drops, but what about the 2 world bosses? Will those be spawning and killable the week of the xpac?

Yes, world bosses will be available on day 1. Oh, the days of trying to down Azuregos. September 25 is going to be epic! =D

What will the respawn timer be and how many people will it take to down them? Will 10M groups be viable?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

What will the respawn timer be and how many people will it take to down them? Will 10M groups be viable?

Well. They're world bosses and you can still make 40 man raids. So if 10 man's are "viable" that means that these things will be zerg fodder*.

*That doesn't bother me at all.

10 to kill the boss in that case, and 30 to stop your tanks and healers from getting ganked. ^_^

Should be fun on a PvP realm.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock

Well. They're world bosses and you can still make 40 man raids. So if 10 man's are "viable" that means that these things will be zerg fodder*.

*That doesn't bother me at all.

10 to kill the boss in that case, and 30 to stop your tanks and healers from getting ganked. ^_^

Should be fun on a PvP realm.

I'm sure it'll be a ball on all of the pvp realms with tremendous faction imbalances.

These things are just another Blizzard Drama Bomb waiting to go off.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Got from MMO-Champion: When LFR opened for testing tonight, we found that Sigil of Power drops from every boss 100% of the time. It appears as a quest objective in the tooltips for most bosses in Raid Finder difficulty, but drops from all of the bosses that have been killed so far.

Hope that's a clue they are going to share lockouts at least for drops like this and, i hope, gear drop as well. Or else will be really unfair to the LFR players as normal/heroic raiders are going to do legendary quest as twice as faster.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Staggered release does good for me.

But I can understand the people who dislike it, I've done the week one rush to raiding, it is exhilarating, but I guess, how would you do it so those of us who are happy to wait CAN wait, without being put behind? Especially considering we may have guildies pushing week one, but some not =/.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/04/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Allienna
how would you do it so those of us who are happy to wait CAN wait, without being put behind?

You can turn the buff off

I mean, you can not raid week 1. You'll still be behind the people, it just starts week 2.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/04/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Pottz
Or else will be really unfair to the LFR players as normal/heroic raiders are going to do legendary quest as twice as faster.

How is it not fair?

Quite bluntly, and even most casuals would agree (D&R 'casual crowd excepted') would agree, that legendaries should not be offered in LFR, unless the intent is to give them to everyone.

Which would be dumb.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
osted by Pottz
Or else will be really unfair to the LFR players as normal/heroic raiders are going to do legendary quest as twice as faster.

How is it not fair?

Quite bluntly, and even most casuals would agree (D&R 'casual crowd excepted') would agree, that legendaries should not be offered in LFR, unless the intent is to give them to everyone.

Which would be dumb.

Why people keep thinking LFR was made to be a step between 5 man heroics and raids? I'm pretty sure Blizzard never said that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
osted by Pottz

How is it not fair?

Which would be dumb.

Why people keep thinking LFR was made to be a step between 5 man heroics and raids? I'm pretty sure Blizzard never said that.

As far as legendaries are concerned,they actually did.

Also, there are certain items, as well as components for legendary weapons, which will not drop in Raid Finder raids.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3608426
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3964559/Patch_43_Hour_of_Twilight-11_22_2011#blog

I didn't say that LFR was a stepping stone (although it is), simply that the difficulty/convenience/etc of LFR doesn't lend itself to allow a legendary, which is typically pretty hard to acquire(and to varying degrees, rare- something they stressed they want to bring back).

The short version:
"LFR is welfare loot. Legendaries shouldn't be welfare."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/04/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Pottz

They have done so. Repeatedly.

As we've said on numerous occasions, this is why we've designed LFR to be easier than normal raids, to enable a range of players — including less-experienced people or those with less-powerful gear — to see the content and gear up a little before perhaps trying it on normal, then later possibly heroic difficulty.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3194021214?page=3#45

I think people generally like the normal dungeon>heroic>LFR>normal raid setup.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5058486017#9

/shrug
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/04/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Verelyse

They have done so. Repeatedly.

As we've said on numerous occasions, this is why we've designed LFR to be easier than normal raids, to enable a range of players — including less-experienced people or those with less-powerful gear — to see the content and gear up a little before perhaps trying it on normal, then later possibly heroic difficulty.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3194021214?page=3#45

I think people generally like the normal dungeon>heroic>LFR>normal raid setup.

/shrug

Just go owned so hard in finding blue posts. I'm ashamed. ><
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
While LFR difficulty requires less coordination and organisation than normal raids, it still generally takes more effort than completing a heroic. Therefore, shouldn't the rewards be greater?

Also, I think people generally like the normal dungeon>heroic>LFR>normal raid setup. Removing a step would give people less diversity.

How about the full context? People see only what they want....

His point here was to say people agree the LFR loot should be better than 5man heroic and worst than normal raids. But again "people" (normal/heroic raiders, aka special snowflake) understood he was talking only about them, saying they enjoy go throught this steps.

And even who understood wrong, didn't agree, and i agree to disagree looking that way.

And what's the problem with LFR raiders get legendaries? Blizzard want everyone be able to enjoy all the game has to offer, even heroic modes, is their policy. Probably the item you get from LFR will make a lesser legendary. I'm guessing as they didn't answer that question yet. But i suppose the legendary will be better or worst depending if you use the "Breath of the Black Prince" in LFR, Normal or Heroic Sha Touched Weapons.

Unfortunately, Legendaries aren't anymore unique/hard to achiev itens, and we have to deal with that.
Edited by Póttz on 8/5/2012 1:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
And what's the problem with LFR raider get legendaries?

Everyone getting a legendary means the game has no progress, because everyone is Harrison Bergeroned to the point that people with any sense of prestige will just leave, since Draztel told people who care about personal progression that they aren't needed or wanted in Azeroth, you could see it going this way soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
And what's the problem with LFR raider get legendaries?

Everyone getting a legendary means the game has no progress, because everyone is Harrison Bergeroned to the point that people with any sense of prestige will just leave, since Draztel told people who care about personal progression that they aren't needed or wanted in Azeroth, you could see it going this way soon.

Agree, but Blizzard think they solved this problem making "worst" and "better" Legendaries.
Edited by Póttz on 8/5/2012 1:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/05/2012 01:43 AMPosted by Póttz
People see only what they want....

Back at you.

Functionally, LFR is three things: it's raid content for those who don't want or or can't commit ot raiding, it's a stepping stone into the raiding environment, and it's a free loot pinata.

And what's the problem with LFR raiders get legendaries? Blizzard want everyone be able to enjoy all the game has to offer, even heroic modes, is their policy. Probably the item you get from LFR will make a lesser legendary. I'm guessing as they didn't answer that question yet. But i suppose the legendary will be better or worst depending if you use the "Breath of the Black Prince" in LFR, Normal or Heroic Sha Touched Weapons.

You realize Elementium Gem Cluster dropped in DS LFR when they were testing it in the 4.3 PTR, right? This conversation shouldn't even be a thing. Even if the Sigils of Power will drop in LFR on live (which I'd put money on that they won't), you'd still need to raid normal/heroic for the Sigils of Wisdom.

There's still too many unknowns on the beta about the legendaries to bother discussing them yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Unfortunately, Legendaries aren't anymore unique/hard to achiev itens, and we have to deal with that.

Yes, they still are. And they're very specifically going back to "rare", supposedly.

So, the model I think we’re going to try next is a compromise between the two where you can imagine, instead of it just being a Warglaive or a binding, you need 10 pieces, but the 10 pieces have a very low drop rate. So, some guilds will get all ten and they’ll be happy, some guilds will get five, and they’ll be unhappy, but the legendaries will be a lot more rare. They won’t be entirely RNG, but they won’t be entirely grindy either.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=201766/interviews-with-greg-street-cory-stockton-tom-chilton-and-j-allen-brack

And what's the problem with LFR raiders get legendaries?

Because letting LFR raiders get it directly ruins half of the point, and dare i say 'fun', in the legendaries. They're supposed to be inherently hard, take awhile, and rare to get. Pretty much the only one you can actually implement in LFR.

Legendaries, more than anything else, are prestige items. As soon as everyone can get it, an item loses it's prestige.

And quite simply, they want you to do normal modes too, you'll stay subbed longer.

08/05/2012 01:57 AMPosted by Póttz
Agree, but Blizzard think they solved this problem making "worst" and "better" Legendaries.

You're making a lot of assumptions on what is probably a bug/testing. Don't get your hopes up too much yet. They may well be dropping simply so people can test the legendary quests on beta.

People see only what they want....

Funny, i was thinking the same thing.

ps:

Threads going to cap soon if the blue didn't extend the thread. Someone will have to make a pt2.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
If everyone was handed a legendary it would lose its prestige, but that doesn't automatically mean progression stops. They would simply design raid fights assuming everyone would have a legendary like they did at the start of DS.

I have dragonwrath on my alt moonkin. Thats how meaningless these items are.
Reply Quote
If everyone was handed a legendary it would lose its prestige, but that doesn't automatically mean progression stops. They would simply design raid fights assuming everyone would have a legendary like they did at the start of DS.

I have dragonwrath on my alt moonkin. Thats how meaningless these items are.

am i super leet awesomesauce now?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]