MoP Healer Evaluations from Vodka

100 Human Priest
LOFL
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
08/28/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Gudveir
Druids are always godlike when an expansion hits, because of the HOT mechanic. By the end they are almost useless.

Not sure if serious.

Druids were worthless until they lowered Rejuvenation's mana cost 5-6 weeks into Cataclysm. And weren't amazing until 3 min Tranquility a few months later.

ICC: They were optimal choices on every fight except 25H Lich King.

Dragon Soul: Druids didn't benefit from Dragon Soul's "stack up and heal" model. Druids were fine on 10H, bringing multiple druids in 25H was suboptimal but in no way were they considered remotely close to worthless.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
07/28/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Poena
Also the Monk CD's are literally insane... I just laughed out loud when I read about the raid wide LoH that removes debuffs and just facepalmed at the 90% damage reduction from Zen Meditation THAT ISN'T LIMITED TO TANKS OR HEALERS...

I know. I had the same reaction, it is literally the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Zen meditation can be cancelled via physical damage and has to be channeled, though. so I don't think a lot of tanks will be using the spell unless there's another tank there to swap the boss with while they step away and channel it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/29/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Riat
And why would you take away Divine Hymn?

Frankly, because it was a net loss in HPS for Disc to cast, and because you have Barrier.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
08/29/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Anarri
And why would you take away Divine Hymn?

Frankly, because it was a net loss in HPS for Disc to cast, and because you have Barrier.

It was never a net loss in hps to cast...I usually tied my divine hymn to power infusion and my synapse springs for an extra boost.

Spirit shell is very strong, so it may have (maybe perhaps) been a hps loss in comparison to ss.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm very sad to see divine hymn go. Barrier could never be a replacement simply because it is a shield as opposed to an actual heal and its range limitations are seriously annoying. That being said, I can see why they thought it would be okay to take away. They're really focusing on discipline's role of preventing damage. Spirit Shell is incredibly powerful when used correctly. I mean incredibly. I don't doubt that a few of our spells may need a little bit of tweaking and we need to know every bit of a fight before we can really sneak in and rock the meters but I think we will be able to survive without it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/30/2012 02:56 AMPosted by Aenwyn
It was never a net loss in hps to cast...I usually tied my divine hymn to power infusion and my synapse springs for an extra boost.

It was a huge net loss before the 4.3 buff, and after the buff it still wasn't particularly powerful.

Besides, you have Barrier.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

It was a huge net loss before the 4.3 buff, and after the buff it still wasn't particularly powerful.

Editing this post somewhat to be nice, but...

Edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/winterhoof/Umbranarri/advanced

Your toon isn't even reforged correctly to the point where poh spam would be more hps than using divine hymn. I hope those are your holy spec reforges.
Edited by Aenwyn on 8/30/2012 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/30/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Aenwyn

Editing this post somewhat to be nice, but...

Edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/winterhoof/Umbranarri/advanced

Your toon isn't even reforged correctly to the point where poh spam would be more hps than using divine hymn. I hope those are your holy spec reforges.

Must be new here or something.

You have Barrier. !@#$ off.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

You're the one getting mad and trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

You're the one getting mad and trolling.

Anarri, while brusque, is not trolling. And if you spent any time on the boards, you'd realize that.

He's also correct - it ends up working out to a net HPS loss vs. simply spamming PoH unless you factor in the extra healing you're giving to your co-healers and whatnot. Coupled with the fact that the CD was 7 minutes long, and losing Divine Hymn really isn't a big deal. We were fine before we got the spell in Wrath, and we'll be fine now. Ultimately, Spirit Shell does more for us by working so well with PoH, and is on a much, much shorter CD (1 minute).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I really have to try Spirit Shell out more. It looks incredibly good but since it is a new spell I have to get used to putting it on my list of priorities. I was going to use it mostly on the tank, but with that 1 minute CD it might have raid healing purposes, too.

And yes, we have Barrier. Divine Hymn was nice, but Barrier is the spell I rely on more anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
He's also correct - it ends up working out to a net HPS loss vs. simply spamming PoH unless you factor in the extra healing you're giving to your co-healers and whatnot. Coupled with the fact that the CD was 7 minutes long, and losing Divine Hymn really isn't a big deal. We were fine before we got the spell in Wrath, and we'll be fine now. Ultimately, Spirit Shell does more for us by working so well with PoH, and is on a much, much shorter CD (1 minute).

Also, if you would scroll up, I did mention that considering the strength of ss, it is a much more desirable cd than divine hymn.

The guy is gemming haste and critical strike on his disc priest, and considering his reforges I highly doubt he was actually getting more out of poh spamming than divine hymn.

I comment on these boards, but generally not in the social threads because they are generally ridiculous (sorry). Threads like this are generally useful, unless people take things too far with the whole "x class isn't viable" thing. Nerfs and buffs come and go, it all generally evens out in the end.
Edited by Aenwyn on 8/31/2012 2:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/31/2012 12:49 AMPosted by Aenwyn
The guy is gemming haste and critical strike on his disc priest, and considering his reforges I highly doubt he was actually getting more out of poh spamming than divine hymn.

I don't know why you think this is at all relevant.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Shaman
08/29/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Sparklefever
Oh yes I have. You're silly.
Maybe you can teach me how Glyph of Holy Shock is soo useful for PvE :D

Maybe you can point me to one of your glyphs that is as disgusting and offensive as Glyph of Chaining?

I didn't say your glyphs were anything to brag about, but seriously, if you want to cry about paladin glyphs I'm not going to stop you. Just don't act like Shaman have anything to be thankful for in that regard.

Oh, and at least you have enough Minor Glyphs to reach the bottom of the page. ":D"
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
no
I have to argue and say priests built and with correct rotation can smash the other healing classes. This of. Course comes from my own experiences, seen very few that can keep up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
1. Disc Priest
2. Shaman
3. Druid
4. Paladin

That's my personal order in terms of how well I heal with them. I'm hoping to make them all about equal as soon as I can in Mists. Also making a healer Monk, not sure how she's going to fit in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]