wtb crimson deathcharger

90 Night Elf Druid
Title says all, seen on other realms for like 35-50k, not paying 80-100k
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm looking for one too horde side. Even on our mediocre server 80-100k is still very ridiculous
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I'll sell you one of 3 I have for 90k!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
one of two. you are already giving me one for free.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
should bring one ally side
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Pay for the xfer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Neutral AH?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Ha.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/26/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Latte
I'm looking for one too horde side. Even on our mediocre server 80-100k is still very ridiculous

there are 4 or 5 sub 50k on kil'jaeden, a friend bought one for 32k on area 52.

blackhand is just backwater.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
you think?

50k for mine :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I have one for sale for 50k
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
In the past week i've seen 4-5 of them on horde side from 32k - 70k. usually depends on the time of day.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
There were 4 all sub 40k at one point. I got one myself and I know a friend of mine got another. But I'm sure there are still some more. The price will probably inflate a bit but it should go back down.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Folks should be aware, so many Crimson Deathchargers are showing up now due to a dupe bug that has been popping up all over the net.

It might be a moot point with MoP coming, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to have one of these unused sitting in my bag if/when Blizzard starts killing them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/16/2012 06:47 AMPosted by Caspien
due to a dupe bug t

Blizzard seems to differ on this:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6307501930?page=3

I don't know about "duping" but I do know from personal experience that mounts are used as coin for large x-realm transactions thanks to the 50k per-character gold cap.

The cap forces people to buy and transfer a level 2 guild for a couple thousand, then wait a week for the "new guildmaster" CD so they can transfer unlimited funds in the guild bank.

Or they can buy up a handful of BOE mounts, transfer those with any ole level 10 toon and complete their transaction with an item trade. Over time, a guild that does a lot of carry sales will accumulate a bunch of mounts unless they are diligent about reselling them as they arrive.

I do large transactions from time to time and have often traded in mounts/pets/gems. So far I've never had a problem with mounts/gems/pets. Surprised because you'd think gold would be safer?

On one occasion I had 200k gold removed from my account by a GM. This happened the morning after I received the gold from a guy who told me he transferred it with a small "courier" guild. I got a polite but firm note from a GM stating that the person who had payed me obtained the gold in an inappropriate way. Fortunately I'd collected the gold a day in advance of giving him anything (just as a bank holds a check before paying on it) so I wasn't out a copper.

What happened to the gentleman whose gold was removed by the GM? Well, I never heard from him again. Presumably he was also contacted by Blizzard and got worse news than I did. A while later his character was grayed out on Armory.... taking a long break from the game, I guess.

I certainly agree that it is odd at first glance to see so many Deathchargers, Vials and other stuff circulating these days on high-pop servers, and I do think its wise to be careful and know who you are buying from.

But remember, if mounts are being bought and sold as coinage (rarely actually equipped) that would help account for some guilds and players having a pile of them. They were all sourced from different players - but after a few generations of transactions, they (along with other commodities) start to accumulate with high-rollers - just like the Romneys of the world might have an unusually tall pile of gold sovereigns in their underwear drawer compared to the 99%.

And why do you see something that took an individual weeks of work to obtain selling for what you think is a pittance? Well, by the time these mounts trickle up the food chain, and a guild has, say, 15 or 50 of them to unload... AND you are close to an expac thats going to make them account-wide... AND they are just a ground and not a flying mount?

Well, you start to just dump them for what you can get and prepare to convert to the next big coin of the realms.

Hope this helps.
Edited by Nymph on 8/26/2012 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
While I don't disagree with you here, Nymph.. (I've used said method a few times, myself) There was recently a bug that allowed people on the Shadowmourne quest to share out their final step of the questline (it's since been hotfixed) and have more than 1 person get the reward at the same time. (I actually removed 2 guild members and reported them for going into ICC with the singular focus of doing this exact exploit.. ) The exploit was demonstrated on many websites.. but I really don't expect Blizzard to comment on it and confirm the bug did indeed exist.

By definition, I suppose the mounts aren't 'dupes' per sea, I'll give you that.. but the way some of them have been acquired is through a system exploit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Caspien, thanks for adding that.

I've always been skeptical of the "duping" argument because after a while you tend to know most of the folks doing big trades... not just on one realm but across many. When we're not actually trading we're in Skype swapping stories about our acquisitions. A story like that would be hard for high-roller braggarts not to tell, and further... most of the people I have seen spreading rumor of "duping" hardly have two coppers to rub together so I dismissed their tongue-wagging as trolling in an attempt to scare other buyers and drive prices down.

Yes, I know that the supply of CDC's on the market jumped by a significant margin a while ago but assumed it was just people like myself bored since old content was complete and grinding out more junk from ICC... and the usual consolidation of commodities you see at the end of every expac. I mean I not only see herds of CdC's on the market now but also piles of Vials and prides of Spectral Tigers.

I still haven't seen evidence of this ICC bug personally but do trust your judgement, so will ask more questions and be extra careful with references when I buy CdC's off the street in the near future.

:-)
Edited by Nymph on 8/30/2012 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Not sure if you keep up to date on the AH markets, but if you check out Stormspire, they have a long thread of folks reporting on not only the quest bug that allowed easy CDc's, but also on the overall duping going on.

Thought I'd clarify a bit, in case people think I sit on sites that broadcast all this stuff.. I DO however, spend an extreme amount of time on game economy sites :)
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Shaman
https://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?item=52200

CDC's across all US and EU servers. Look at the US chart. See the explosion of CDC's starting on July 15th?

Coincidence? I think not...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
https://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?item=52200
CDC's across all US and EU servers. Look at the US chart. See the explosion of CDC's starting on July 15th?
Coincidence? I think not...

I see the graph, but remember this is just a representatiion of the number of CDC's coming to market through official channels (not /Trade) in the months prior to a new expansion.

I see a similar "explosion" of many traditional high-dollar commodities. All it tells me, for sure, is that as an expac ends, people sell off one kind of thing in anticipation of buying another thing.

Look at Spectral Tigers - you'll find a similar curve: https://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?item=49283

The CDC and ST graphs are interesting information to be sure... but IMO hardly iron-clad proof of Deathcharger and Tiger mounts popping out of thin air.

You know, as opposed to the bug last week that had the Rag Mount (formerly a 100k carry sell for raiding guilds) turn into a 100% drop during normal difficulty runs >.<
Edited by Nymph on 9/4/2012 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]