First Horror Movie you watched

90 Gnome Priest
Like every first time in the world of entertainment. What was the first Horror movie you watched that gave you a phobia for most of your life or scared the living daylights out of you.

If you ask me, it was the Horror Movie Child's Play. I first watched a scene when I was five when I came to the living room and saw disfigured yet insane looking doll by the name of Chuckie, (Spelling)

I literally freaked out and since then, I developed a phobia for human looking dolls for most of my life.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
HAHAHAHA

Child's Play was my first horror movie as well. Was also about the same age as you. I had snuck into my grandparents living room one evening when my aunts/uncles were watching it (large family, wide range of ages) and curled up on the couch in the back of the room and watched the whole thing. Terrified of dolls after that.

Best part of all is that a few years later my Mom had a job babysitting during the week and I had to go with her during the summer. They had one of those 'My Buddy' dolls. Worst summer of my life.

My Buddy commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuinqB9z3JI

It doesn't really bother me anymore but it was a fear that haunted me for years.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
My first horror movie?

Uhm...

The Shining.

I was only maybe 4 or 5, & was at my aunt & uncle's house.

Went downstairs with my older cousins who were watching it, & I saw the part wth the elevator with the blood & thought it was awesome.

But I grew up watching shows like Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark? Freaky Stories, Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids, Tales from the Cryptkeeper (the animated for kids series, not the live action one), etc.

But I think The Shining was the first horror film I had actually seen.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
It was a David Cronenberg film called Rabid. It was the first horror flick I saw where the situation was a global threat, and for some reason, that really affected me.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Halloween II

edit: 1981 version

The originals were so much better than the remakes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
07/27/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Kenokost
The originals were so much better than the remakes.

I agree, but I did enjoy the remakes to some extent...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Event Horizon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Pumpkinhead 1 and 2. I remember I used to walk on my toes like the monster when I was a kid. My parents told me Pumpkinhead was a good guy ( If you think about it the monster sort of is ) so he wasn't scary for me when he killed people.

And yet Jurassic Park scared the bejeezus out of me when I was around 3
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Halloween (1978). I saw it on TV when I was a kid, and it both freaked me out and intrigued me. I ended up finding all the rest of the series, and now have them all on DVD.

As a side note, I love Rob Zombie's remakes! He really made it his own thing. His reimagining of Halloween II (2009) is one of my favorite horror movies.
Edited by Cowbacca on 7/28/2012 4:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I think mine was Pet Sematary... but I'm not too sure.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
Alien (the first one). When I was 9. Back in mid-90s. The VHF tapes were still around and the one I watched was kind of old, so the not-so-great quality video added to the horror. I am still scared to sleep with no lights.
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Priest
Humanoids From the Deep.

Come on. Mutated salmon that grow legs and come out of water to spawn with our women.

1980 at its best....and all the boobs didn't hurt either.
Edited by Oswell on 7/29/2012 12:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
63 Worgen Death Knight
The Exorcist... I saw it on HBO when I was a kid and it scared the crap outa me.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The Haunting, well partially...

I saw the entire beginning and ran out of the room when the ghost-sheet children appeared.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Druid
A Nightmare on Elm Street i believe....yea i think Im remebering right.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Night of the living dead i think, was the fist legit horror movie i watched.

Im not a big fan of them. mainly because i get scared and my imagination runs away with itself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]