First Horror Movie you watched

90 Gnome Priest
08/02/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Valhalo
IT - That movie still creeps me out to this day and I'm 25 now. I have this seemingly never-ending phobia of clowns.

Wanna know the sad part about that movie. I was scared to death when I first saw it back when I was a kid. Years later I showed that movie to my younger cousins since I told them I was going to show them a 'awesome' movie. I dressed up as a clown, waited for about....ten minutes for the good scene. They got scared then I jumped in and made them dashing all over the place.

I'm so cruel doing that even though its for the lulz.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Evil Dead.

That part where the gal gets her ankle jabbed with a pencil still makes me cringe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3bhYH58PzA
Edited by Honeypot on 8/3/2012 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
07/31/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Rictras
And from one horror fan to another, here are some lesser known movies that you may like, if you haven't seen them already.

I think the only one on there I haven't seen is Rawhead Rex, I'll add it to my list of things to watch.

Thank ye kindly.

Haha, They Live... Oh Piper, you need to be in more things... also that brings back a lot of childhood nostalgia since the way he saw them is the same way you spot aliens in Bart vs. the Space Mutants on the NES.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Death Knight
The Leprechaun III.

*Shudders*

It was 2000 when I was only four. Augh.
Reply Quote
69 Orc Hunter
Not technically horror, maybe, but for the in-theaters category: 'Jaws.' I was just out of pre-school. O.o

Technically horror, but on television: 'Dracula' (Bela Lugosi, 1931). It still gives me the creeps. :D

<---old ;)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
I'd have to say it was The Creature From The Black Lagoon. I was probably around 7ish when I watched it with my dad on TV.
Edited by Pám on 8/12/2012 9:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Little Nemo Adventures in Slumberland.

No, it's not a Horror Film, but it was absolutely terrifying to watch as a kid when it released.

About 1:10 into this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_t94JYvdGc&feature=relmfu

I was like 5 when this came out, and when I saw it, good Lord. The sheer amount of absolute dread I felt seeing that inky satan-spunk ooze out from the door sent more chills down my spine than the blood did from The Shining. Note, I didn't see The Shining until I was 10, but that still didn't compare to the awful feeling I got in my stomach when seeing that tar-like goop crawl out from the cracks of the door, seeking to smother me with a pillow.

Ugh. Oh, also, the last part of the movie had some frightening "in the dark stuff." So yes, I was also terrified of the dark for the longest time *because of this movie.

So yeah, it's not a horror film. But look at the dancing in that clip. That also makes this movie particularly frightening. No human being moves like that when dancing. No one.

*I actually was too scared to sleep because I thought The Count from Sesame Street lived in my closet. Yes, I know this throws my concept of horror out the window. I still know what kept me up late at night hiding under my covers, though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Hannibal Lector
"I ate his liver with some fava beans, and a nice chianti."
*shudder*
Reply Quote
I don't remember the first horror film I saw, but I do remember the one that left a mental scar in me.

Alien.

It was mainly the trailer, I watched the movie with my dad behind the couch, I don't know if he knew I was there. The movie started with the trailer, and the echo-like sound that repeats one after another kept me awake many nights. That sound still gives me chills.

Funny because I love the Alien franchise now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEVY_lonKf4
Edited by Southrnrebel on 8/17/2012 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
A Nightmare on Elm Street the original one, In the middle of the night. I went right to sleep no problems after watching it ha ha
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Attack of The Killer Tomatoes!
Considering how they killed their victims( rolling slowly towards them then exploding) it was more of a comedy.... Oh yeah you'd have to be a complete idiot to get killed by one of those tomatoes...
Edited by Syfy on 8/18/2012 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hellraiser, seen the movie around the early 1990's when i was around 14 years old.
Reply Quote
91 Human Death Knight
I think it was Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream warriors, I was 7 or 8...I don't remember being scared, I did think it was cool that the kid who drew turned into a comic hero in his dream, not so cool when Freddy turned him into confetti...

...weird, that's the only part of the movie I remember..
Edited by Obamageddon on 8/22/2012 12:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Candyman.
I was scared of mirrors for two whole years.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
I did think it was cool that the kid who drew turned into a comic hero in his dream, not so cool when Freddy turned him into confetti...

...weird, that's the only part of the movie I remember..

That happened in part 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw9hGQUknpc
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]