<Horde Premade> Recruiting (premade LFR, etc)

100 Orc Rogue
<Horde Premade> is now recruiting any interested players.

There are no requirements for admission - simply PST any online member and you'll receive an invite.

Our goals are simple:

• To minimize frustration in LFR via ultra-casual, zero commitment weekly raids
  • To provide a relaxed and fun environment for players seeking the community WoW provides without scheduling concerns
  • To support new players by providing a friendly home, information and resources during the leveling process
  • To act as a "farm system" for Horde raiding guilds (come to <Horde Premade> to learn and graduate to Shard, etc. when you're geared and knowledgeable enough to consider submitting an application)

Initially we will be running a premade LFR group on Tuesday nights at 8:00pm Server Time. As we grow, we may increase the number of runs and expand into other areas of the game. For now, our focus is to bring as many players into LFR groups as we can in an effort to avoid the headache of players who AFK during fights, pull prematurely, etc.

Q: What's the point of a premade LFR guild?
A: To take advantage of the in-game systems Blizzard offers to casual players (such as player-specific loot rolls in Mists) while partially plugging the holes in a system that doesn't penalize anti-social behavior (AKA, AFKing through entire raids).

Q: What will happen if someone AFKs in a <Horde Premade> premade LFR?
A: They'll be warned, then removed from the group (not the guild) and might not be invited to future raids.

Q: How is this any better than the current system?
A: It's not that much better, but it promotes the A-N Horde community and offers a humble solution to a silly problem.

Q: Why should I join the guild instead of joining a trade chat premade or just going in on my own?
A: We'll prioritize members over non-members (though we will also offer open spots to anyone who wants to join). We also provide some resources to members. Ultimately, it really is intended to be just a basic step above LFR or trade chat. Somewhere for people who care a bit but don't have time, knowledge, gear, etc. to commit to a full-fledged raiding guild.

Q: What kind of "resources" should members expect?
A: We have 5 bank tabs (one for vanilla and each expansion [including Mists]). Anyone can deposit and we'll do our best to keep the tabs full of useful items (ore, enchanting mats, etc.) and free of garbage (light feathers, etc.). Everyone will receive a small daily withdrawal allowance. At this time we do not have plans for guild repairs. It's not much, but it's more than nothing.

Q: How do I join?
A: Whisper anyone in the guild. Everyone can invite. Nobody can remove. Come and go as you wish.

Thanks everyone!
Reply Quote
14 Human Warlock
But its LFR....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
He has made a real leveling/teaching guild that could help new or newish players learn how to play well from the start and not develop bad habits. It's not focused on progression raiding but learning how to play right and I can't think of a better person to teach folks than Bigwoo. I think there is a real need on horde side for this sort of guild and glad some one has taken it on.

On top of that LFR in mists is gonna start out kinda rough. People like to troll there by pulling extra adds, killing adds that should not be killed and a whole variety of ways to troll people. The difference is at least at the outset that people won't out gear it.
Edited by Garrakwild on 7/30/2012 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
Thanks Garrak.

Yeah, "but it's LFR" is a pretty common response to this idea. Really, it's just an excuse to get people together for something. I've been raiding since the beginning of BC and I just can't put in the time anymore. This game and realm have been good to me. I'm trying to give back what I can. Sort of like an old dude dropping some cash for a new library wing or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"but it's LFR"

Don't be fooled, it is a good idea Bigwoo. If you put in the right amount of effort you could change the way quite a few people view and play thi game.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
Thanks Toxity.

We're slowly growing. We got hooked up with a level 15 guild (huge thanks to Garrak!!) which has improved our ability to recruit.

Most importantly, we're having fun meeting new players.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
Shameless necro. To the top!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
Believe it or not, this post actually resulted in a few new guildies! So, going to have to keep bumping it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
Hit guild level 16. Looking for more players.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
Level 19 now. Still welcoming any interested players.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
Bumping for Mists release.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just saw this post and this guild looks pretty awesome.... it seems perfect for people who don't have the time to commit to a 10/25 raiding group but still want to experience the content and the wow community

edit: and a good opportunity for players whose guilds were killed by the end of cata *glares at guild tag*
Edited by Bloodranz on 10/2/2012 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
We're still recruiting anyone who wants to join.

We're level 25 now and we just unlocked the heirloom legs.

Our first LFR as a guild will be October 23rd at 8:00pm server time. PST any member of the guild if you'd like an invite.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
First raid is 8:00pm server time, this Tuesday. Talk to any member in-game for an invite to the guild or the raid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]