Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PuGs 9

90 Blood Elf Priest
The only reason we're not still there fighting that first pull is that the spiritmenders do eventually run out of mana. Yes. We ran them out of mana.

Mother of god.
90 Night Elf Priest
Just remembered another one (I know I'm a tank, don't banish me). Zoning in to Old Kingdom while Bunch was growing up.

Me: Hiya!
Spriest: Don't hiya me, you f*****g little b***h.
Me: k

I only put him on ignore at the end of the dungeon, I wanted to see what other big strong words he'd learnt.

Methinks he was not a fan of gnomes. :<

/punt

I don't have any fantastic new stories, unfortunately. I've been leveling a second shaman to 85. Other than not being able to queue for any dungeons until 82 because it took that long to get out of RAF/BoA gear and into enough green/blue quest/AH gear, it's been fairly uneventful.

We'll see how this upcoming ToT/BRC treats her.
Well, it wasn't a dungeon, it was a WSG.

BiS, at 70, Blood DK hands me the flag and says,

"Here, you take it. I'm DPS Blood"

>.>
85 Undead Priest
Not a bad story. But at the end of an Hour of Twilight last night, I had a guy from my group whisper me asking if I'd do more dungeons because I'm really good.
Small things like that remind me why I still heal <3
90 Worgen Druid
08/02/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Rustbeard
Now I don't mind moving fast if everything is going well, but when you come that close to wiping I think it's appropriate to reflect on your own mortality for a moment and maybe talk about what went wrong.

One of the greatest sentences I've read in forums.

I admire you good healers. I've been thinking about leveling a healer but can hardly stand running behind random tanks on my mage let alone trying to heal them. Watching a tank who doesn't know how to control a pull is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Then taking abuse from them... Maybe I'll pass on the aneurysm I'm sure I'd incur.
90 Worgen Druid
08/02/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Druimeister
Now I don't mind moving fast if everything is going well, but when you come that close to wiping I think it's appropriate to reflect on your own mortality for a moment and maybe talk about what went wrong.

One of the greatest sentences I've read in forums.

I admire you good healers. I've been thinking about leveling a healer but can hardly stand running behind random tanks on my mage let alone trying to heal them. Watching a tank who doesn't know how to control a pull is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Then taking abuse from them... Maybe I'll pass on the aneurysm I'm sure I'd incur.

I think it takes a certain personality type to heal. Or at least more patience than alot of people have. Some people just are not cut out for it, simply enough. I think the same can be said for tanks.

That being said I am thinking of re-evaluating myself. I told myself I would never tank and that it is scary and I would probably be horrible at it...but I got a friend of mine to roll a priest I made myself a teeny weeny prot warrior and we shall see how things go!

Wish me luck!
So I was just standing around being an idiot as usual, talking to guild, etc. when suddenly I see that my guild wants to do some HoT runs, I figured that since I wasnt doing anything, I figure "Hey, might as well."

So we group up and I find out that GM is in group and that he is tanking on his feral druid. Since I have talked to him a lot on guild chat and I thought he was fairly experienced, I figured that it would be an easy run even after he said "My tanking is a little rusty on this toon"

I was wrong.

We zone into Hour of Twilight, and I see that the first boss is Baine. My first thought is "Oh great this is gonna be bad." because I have had bad groups every time I have done Baine.

We get started on boss, and right from the beginning I can see that the tank's gear isn't very good, making it somewhat difficult to heal him. The fight goes on for a little bit when I notice that the tank is tanking even more damage. I look up to see Baine in the lava and immediately I die inside.

Baine stays in the lava. The whole time.

So I'm sitting there, spamming every heal I have, and ventually resort to just spamming healing touch, rejuv, and swiftmend for the entire duration of the fight. As soon as that hell is over, I check the Healing meters....

26k heals per second in an HoT dungeon.

I begin to cry deeply as soon as I realize that this is a guild run, and I cannot leave.

Next we get sylvanas and I'm just thinking YES! Faceroll!

I was wrong.... No one decided it was a good idea to move out of the purple stuff when it spawned beneath them. So the DPS dropped like flies. We wiped on sylvanas 8 times. ON SYLVANAS. Finally, we downed her with me in 3rd on the DPS meters.

Finally, the trash to murozond was uneventful other than the fact that the tank was squishy as usual.

We pull murozond.

Aaaaaaand he faces the group the whole time. Even when I asked tank to move him.

We ate every breath, and all the while, the tank didn't pop a single cooldown. No frenzied regeneration, no survival instincts, no barkskin, nothing.

We finally downed him, and I began crying in the corner of my room.

/sigh I need a new guild.
Edited by Lushlox on 8/2/2012 8:15 PM PDT
I think it takes a certain personality type to heal. Or at least more patience than alot of people have. Some people just are not cut out for it, simply enough. I think the same can be said for tanks.

That being said I am thinking of re-evaluating myself. I told myself I would never tank and that it is scary and I would probably be horrible at it...but I got a friend of mine to roll a priest I made myself a teeny weeny prot warrior and we shall see how things go!

Wish me luck!

Best of luck to you! I agree that it does take certain personality types to heal. In my experience with raiding, healers can be grouped into two categories: chicks and drunks. Nobody else would have this kind of patience or instinct.
[quote]Best of luck to you! I agree that it does take certain personality types to heal. In my experience with raiding, healers can be grouped into two categories: chicks and drunks. Nobody else would have this kind of patience or instinct.

^this

Except that I am neither of those (always been one to break the system ;)).......... But I still agree with you wholeheartedly. It definately takes a lot of patience, boomkin tanks for training, and the occasional real tank (to keep you from losing hope in humanity) to get a good healer..... Luckily I have had plenty of boomkin tanks (3 today on my holy paladin)
Edited by Lushlox on 8/2/2012 8:35 PM PDT
Best of luck to you! I agree that it does take certain personality types to heal. In my experience with raiding, healers can be grouped into two categories: chicks and drunks. Nobody else would have this kind of patience or instinct.

Hey, I take offense to that.....I have a Y chromosome and I don't drink.....

>.<

= P
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was DPSing a DS on my DK because this guild stopped raiding till MoP and they wouldn't take it too kindly if I left even just till MoP.

We usually 3 heal everything because none of the healers have a DPS spec. Well on Madness one of the healers had to leave so we decide to 9 man it. You think it would be easy right?

...Right? 30% debuff? No issues? Right? Wrong.

We have so much DPS we have to sit around and wait at times. But the kicker is this.

We wiped because our Holy Paladin is... is... she dosen't really know what she is doing. They actually had me log over to my Paladin so we would down it. It was a little depressing. The Disc Priest had almost double the Paladins healing done on our attempts.

After our wipes and while they were arguing about what to do, I started inspecting her gear. She has a 396ish Ilevel and mine is 399 (or 400, I forget which, point is its not that much higher) yet I have more haste than her. Why is this important?

Almost all of her gems are 20 int and 20 haste, forgoing socket bonuses and areas where having pure Int would be better. She also has the VP Haste trinket with SP on click.

This week she got HoU and replaced the trinket from WoE with it. I died a little when I saw that. But anyway.

After outhealing both of them, I politely whispered her and asked if she would like some help with her toon.

...Worst mistake I ever made. I mean, I didn't really think she would accept because for one, she is my GM and most GM's think everything they do is right and they can't possibly be wrong, and two, lets be honest, no one likes to be told they're playing their toon wrong.

Even if you accept the persons advice, you don't like that you did something wrong.

But it ended up in a large screaming fit about how i'm an elitist prick.

...I just wanted to help so I wouldn't have to switch toons when theres gear I need/want from Madness and so we could better progress :(

Edit:: I actually just armoried her out of curiosity, and it looks like shes going for a Haste/Mastery build... And even thats a little bit of a stretch with how her reforging and stuff is...
Edited by Siasish on 8/3/2012 12:57 AM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
08/02/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Feyatia

Good luck! Tanking is actually pretty easy if you just break it down to its essence: get stuff to beat on you instead of everyone else. There are refinements as you go along but they're really not that hard to pick up and the best thing is after having been subject to a bunch of prick tanks I'm sure you won't be one of them. It's ok to lose aggro every once in a while, just be sure to get it back and don't be too hard on yourself.
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/02/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Nerfheals
The only reason we're not still there fighting that first pull is that the spiritmenders do eventually run out of mana. Yes. We ran them out of mana.

Mother of god.

Oh but don't you worry kids. If everyone is doing 4k, someone is afk, and they are all on the wrong target they regen enough mana to start healing again!
90 Dwarf Priest

Wish me luck!

A word of warning: Try very hard to avoid randoms until max level. Bring guildies who you know don't suck and are willing to work with you. Because learning to tank in low level dungeons is a hideous sisyphean nightmare. Since it is possible to almost literally faceroll the leveling dungeons most folks do. Trying to actually do what a tank is supposed to do will just make you twitchy.
90 Orc Shaman

Chick: Check
Drunk: Only sometimes.. so half check.

Oh but don't you worry kids. If everyone is doing 4k, someone is afk, and they are all on the wrong target they regen enough mana to start healing again!

I've had that happen! I was helping out guild member and when I saw them regen mana, I said f-this and dropped group. I couldn't even Lightning Bolt them to death. There was so much damage going around that if I stopped healing, we would die. I love it when NPCs take so long to die that they regen mana. /wrists
90 Draenei Priest
Queued for a random on my horde priest who I am making... exactly like my alliance priest. There just wasn't smite healing when I started.

Anyway! Phased into Dire Maul at the entrance, and my party is far far away. Why, why, why!? I start running and I see the tank take damage and die, then the warlock dies.

I see "why did you pull the boss the healer wasn't here yet". They get rezzed by someone, and die again. The tank leaves, the warlock leaves. I sigh and just leave. 9 minute to requeue. GG
Our guild was running regular DS last night, and I wasn't in the raid. They must have been communicating mainly via vent or /raid. In any event, in guild chat I see this sentence show up from the priest in the raid: "Priests aren't supposed to be raid healers." Win, win, win.
"Priests aren't supposed to be raid healers." Win, win, win.

Time for a new guild? ;)
90 Worgen Druid
This actually happened yesterday, and I had to block it out of my mind because I had a headache by the end of it.

In-progress End Time, get ported in on Tyrande. Yes, you read that right. On Tyrande. Like, right behind her, in her pool of purple light. Instinctively, I go Cat and Prowl away from her (guess she doesn't turn hostile until you attack?). I see there's a dead unreleased Ret Pally lying in front of her in the pool, with the Warrior tank, a SPriest, and a Boomkin standing outside of the light. I notice the dead Pally, tank, and SPriest are all guildies. I'm told the Pally went afk for something, and the tank spends the next 10 minutes repeatedly casting Mass Rez. Eventually, the tank just says he has to go, and drops. Since we can't requeue with an afk dps, I propose a kick. Pally comes back right as I hit enter. The kick fails, and we requeue.

In pops a Pally tank, in reasonably mismatched gear, who immediately says they haven't tanked in a while (they had 3pc T12, idk if that's an indication). The Boomkin complains about dodging the Eyes of the Goddess, and I tell her to avoid them, and to not go into the purple light since she's a caster. Apparently she didn't know that before. I also make sure to tell the pallys (tank & Ret, if you'll recall) to stand on the other side of her, or they'll get hit by Moonlance when she throws it out at a ranged. Tank runs in, doesn't move to the other side, gets stunned on the 1st Moonlance, then spends the rest of the fight moving from in front to behind her. The Priest & Boomkin trade off getting hit by the stun from Moonlance and the silence from Eyes. Overall, the fight lasts well over 3 minutes, with the interrupts at least being reasonable.

Next is Murozond (in-progress, remember). Boomkin asks if she should Hibernate a mob, and I do it myself to one of the casters. The second the Hibernate is applied, and before I could ask the Boomkin to Hibernate one of the melee adds, tank pulls the other three. She gets pummeled into the ground like pink jelly, with us following not long after. Tank says she's not going to pull without instruction now (not sure if she was being sarcastic). Get bak in, all 4 are still up obviously, and we Hibernate two and down the group, same with the other group.

Knowing Murozond is going to painful (I had no idea of the horror I was about to experience), I take it upon myself to put up two markers: one to the side of the boss, where the tank will stand and not move, and the other to his side, where the dps would stand, with me standing out in ranged so the swirlies would only spawn on me and I could control the Hourglass. I put the markers up, and the tank rides in and pulls. I didn't have a chance to explain my previous plan, she just rode in. What happened to waiting for instruction? What ensues is pure unadulterated chaos.

Tank keeps Murozond facing the dps for most of the fight, before I finally get a chance to tell her to tank him on yellow, faced away from us. SPriest hits the Hourglass at only one stack, so there's one charge down. Before the 2nd charge, the Ret Pally bites it from Infinite Breath (don't stand in front!). Boomkin hits HG and this time I make sure to tell him to only hit it, and only when either I say so or when someone dies. 3rd charge the SPriest dies from swirlies, Bomkin hits HG. 4th charge I have to hit myself, because having the other two ranged outside his melee ranged meant a field of swirls and I couldn't keep the tank up. With one charge left, the tank somehow manages to pull the boss all the way up to the hourglass (doesn't hit it, thank God), and it seems like she's doing laps around it. I do my best to keep everyone up, no one dies, but I have to hit the Hourglass myself again. I say we have no charges left, so we have to make this one count. Hourglass doesn't reset the bosses position, so we're taking laps around the hourglass again. Just barely managed to squeeze a kill out, and I just roll Greed on everything and leave, not even waiting for the rolls t finish. The Postmaster can send me any junk I won in the mail. :p

Now my headache is coming back just thinking about it.
90 Night Elf Priest
08/03/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Siasish
Well on Madness one of the healers had to leave so we decide to 9 man it.

Did that this week. Other healer had something come up and had to leave after spine so we decided to try it with 9 with the spriest going holy (2 healers, 1 tank, 6 dps). Played a bit tighter and got it down fine. :D

End Time story: zone in and DK tank runs to portal and waits only for me and a dps to show up before starting the Sylvanas trash. Obviously the biggest mob is the most dangerous so he makes sure to kill it first. The other 2 dps trickle in and the undead (finally) die.

Cue recount spam. DK is at the top with an impressive, manly 15k dps and says, "That's not good" I ask that may we please continue and not kill the big guy first? I mean, it's trash and not all the dps were even there for most of it, and he wasn't demonstrating exemplary tanking ability either. (should note, in mostly 390 pvp gear)

Welp, on Sylvanas... the 3 dps are all around 8k. Bad, yes, but not end of the world bad. My 7k smite dps helped make up for it. Tank attacked a different ghoul each time, but didn't say anything about dps.

Next was Tyrande. Not a SINGLE thing was interrupted. The mage stood in the purple ring and the warrior valiantly tried to block moonlances for me, so dps was quite bad. It's amazing how much damage Stardust does when you don't interrupt it. No matter, we survived, the tank !@#$%ed about dps, I ^-*!@ed back about interrupts, we move on to Muro trash. No cc. I get a "good luck!" and a "nice job!" from the tank though. On Murozond himself, first HG tank had him with the tail ON the HG. After some corrective advice, he positioned him more sensibly. The warrior died once or twice to the breath though =\

Quick happy story:

On Tuesday, queued for random cata heroic for VP and end up in ZG. Bear tank knows what he's doing and we clear the raptor boss and the panther boss and then he drops. weee~
Get a DK tank who says his/her tanking is a bit rusty and he/she doesn't know this place. 2 of the dps pipe up that they don't know it either (worth noting the dps wasn't stellar - about acceptable for the entry cata heroics). Well, I explain each fight and we clear Zanzil, Venoxis, and Jindo with only a couple wipes: once on a bad trash pull before Zanzil, and twice on Jindo. Everyone had a nice attitude and listened and picked up on the mechanics well. More fun than derping though idiot-proof HoTs, even if it took 3x the time.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]