MoP World PvP

90 Night Elf Druid
So uh, since the new expansion is going to be kinda geared towards the Alliance/Horde war and promote more world PvP... Is there gonna be any horde to kill? or has this server become 100% alliance yet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Obviously there is much more Alliance then Horde, but with expac launches the server always picks back up with players. MoP will surely be no different. You'd be surprised how many Horde show up when it goes live, it always works the same way here. Usually we get a 2 to 3 hours queue to even log in. It gets to feel like the old days again.

Plus plenty of competitive players are transferring to mannoroth and you can bet even more to come. With a PvP expac coming out players are already transferring to PvP servers. I'm optimistic for Mannoroth right now, 8 years strong here and I wouldn't change it for anything.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/01/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Vallos
Plus plenty of competitive players are transferring to mannoroth

To play Alliance.

08/01/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Ruhmy
So uh, since the new expansion is going to be kinda geared towards the Alliance/Horde war and promote more world PvP... Is there gonna be any horde to kill? or has this server become 100% alliance yet.

The server is almost entirely Alliance. Until hum racial gets boinked it's probably going to stay that way, unfortunately. Of course, Bullies will keep doing fun things like attacking Stormwind with only 5 players and fending off 40 enemies, but I can't see how it's going to be fun for you guys to just attack dead faction capitals and make life a living hell for those 20 or 30 Horde players trying to level up quickly in the expansion to get a head start on raiding.

08/01/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Vallos
Obviously there is much more Alliance then Horde, but with expac launches the server always picks back up with players. MoP will surely be no different. You'd be surprised how many Horde show up when it goes live, it always works the same way here. Usually we get a 2 to 3 hours queue to even log in. It gets to feel like the old days again.

Unfortunately the way any returning Horde (however many or few) will function will be to either quickly transfer away, transfer to Alliance, or decide to form their own guilds. None of which will actually help the faction (especially now that for every new guild created that goes into 10 mans, that takes away the pool of talent for the 25 man guilds, which are the backbone of any good server).

I suppose the real question to pose would just be, if Horde is going to do so well, why don't a few of you good former Horde (or even Alliance) players faction change to join us? We're a lot of fun, especially now that we know we get to raid our own capital city because our leaders are horrible and lorewise we've transitioned from aloof, pseudo-good guys to Mannoroth blood-crazed warbringers (see what I did there, Mannoroth? It's a lore reference, and we are on his server... bah, nevermind)!

:l
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
@Ziharkk

You have completely valid points, I played Horde Mannoroth for my first 6 years here. through Illuminati, Obvious Assassins, Foundation Stone, NPH Fanclub, Oblivion, and just about every other major guild that ever took a breath on this server. I swore I'd never leave Horde side because of how great it was. In the end I did, and it was because none of the people I gamed with for so long were left to play with. It completely sucks that I had to faction change to continue to play the game I loved.

If it were possible for the Horde side to be fun again for me I'd faction change in a heart beat for even a chance at it being 1/100th what it was.

I am optimistic the server will bring horde competition because if it does, you can expect to see me on Horde side killing Alliance all day again. My love for the Horde side will always be stronger then that of alliance, unfortunately playing on horde side makes it feel like a dead game and it's depressing.
Edited by Vallos on 8/1/2012 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue
Huuuu, who were you in NPH? I was baddie Rurozan. >.>
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
08/01/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Tyza
Huuuu, who were you in NPH? I was baddie Rurozan. >.>

Veliras. Right after the guild died i transferred the priest to Illidan and raided with <Excessive Gaming>.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeGi6exitBE
Edited by Vallos on 8/1/2012 6:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I agree, a lot of the guys I know are gone, and that's pretty lamentable. But life goes on, and some of the new guys I've met are pretty fun (like Ryure, even though we've both been on the server forever we were never in the same guild for some reason).

Besides, if I remember correctly Vallos you faction changed to Alliance in order to get the Twilight Vanquisher title when you were in Last Prophecy. I distinctly remember Tohnren and a few others calling you some fairly foul names.

As far as Horde side goes, Tyza here is pretty good evidence of old players that are still floating around. Unfortunately the backbone of a faction / server is the 25 man raiding scene, and until PGB manages to work it's way back up to that point, we don't have one of those.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
08/02/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Ziharkk
Besides, if I remember correctly Vallos you faction changed to Alliance in order to get the Twilight Vanquisher title when you were in Last Prophecy. I distinctly remember Tohnren and a few others calling you some fairly foul names.

I actually transferred off server for that for 3 days, got it then tried to come back and someone name locked me. The fiasco lasted longer then it was suppose to and people got pissed. i had to ticket my name back an finally was back on server and in guild again. Also, that was in Obvious Assassins I believe. It's almost a blur now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Hm, no idea, that was just the last I heard of you before you poofed.

Well anywho OA finally bit the dust a few months back, so that's somewhat relevant, I suppose.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Hm, no idea, that was just the last I heard of you before you poofed.

Well anywho OA finally bit the dust a few months back, so that's somewhat relevant, I suppose.

I heard, I was kind of sad because I still maintained good relations with most of the old school roster. I visited the website and read the "going on break" post to confirm. Sad indeed, that guild was definitely one of my favorites on Horde side.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Horde on Mannoroth pretty much blow, like that one annoying Pally named Lichyy who QQed after losing to 2 Ret Pallys in duels, and that one Warrior named actcasual couldn't accept a defeat from a Rogue and called him bad for not having any Legendary. I swear some of these people are 13 or something.

*Rant Over*

But I wish Horde pick things back up and be a great community once again, even though I'm new to Mannoroth, I would really love to see the Horde shine. My current Guild moved realms because of how bad things were going on. But it is nice to see some good people on the Horde side. But i have found myself actually considering to be a Nelf DK instead of a Belf DK, heck it was just yesterday...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
PGB has fun people in it, tbh, it's the only reason I'm still here.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
would be nice if this came back!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]