Favorite Comedian/Comedienne?

89 Troll Druid
Who do you like to watch?

I myself enjoy Wanda Sykes, right now she's filling in on Chelsea Lately, another show I enjoy nightly just because the people on the round table always are so funny! They're talking about beach volleyball outfits and pole dancing in the Olympics and they're so biased! Wanda and the other woman, Fortune, both like women and the two men do too, so there is no fair debate over this! Still funny, Wanda Sykes rocks!

Who is your favorite?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Louis C.K. is pretty funny
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Johnny Carson as Art Fern during his Tea Time movie skits
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Mike MacDonald

John Pinette

Joey Elias

Paul Reubens

Jeremy Hotts

... I like a lot of stand up acts; although a majority of my all time favorite comedians be it stand up or skits, are late greats.

/salute to them
Edited by Killercaitie on 7/31/2012 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Favorite comedian of all time is George Carlin. I can listen to anything he's ever done at any time and still laugh.

Favorite active comedian is easily Louis C.K. His stuff is brilliant.

If you haven't watched it then check out "Talking Funny" on youtube. It's a discussion about comedy with Louis C.K., Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld and Ricky Gervais. Great stuff there.

I'd link it but it contains some foul language :)

Edit: I don't care as much for his stand up but Norm Macdonald could be a professional interviewee and make a killing. I love listening to his interviews. His stuff on Conan O'Brien's shows are hilarious.
Edited by Vandella on 7/31/2012 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Bill Burr
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
07/31/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Sansbury
Bill Burr

He's a really funny guy. I love his stand-up and I used to listen to his Monday Morning Podcast every week. I kinda fell out of the habit though and only listen on occasion these days though they're still pretty good.

My favorite bit that he did was the one about how he's sick of pedo-philes being on the news. Had me in tears.
Edited by Vandella on 7/31/2012 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Gabriel Iglesias. He's just always so happy. Some of the more angry comedians get old after awhile.

I know some people don't like my next fav but Jeff Dunham was pretty funny too. I saw him live once. It was great to hear Achmed go "shut the hell up!" to someone yelling in the audience. That type of yelling where the guy is obviously drunk. "Did the ticket say Jeff Dunham and friends with one loud dumbass from the crowd?!" That got me laughing. Also a loud airplane flew over the arena and Peanut slowly looking up because of it.

"What the heck was that?!"
Jeff: *snickering* an airplane
"ONE airplane every 3 hours HOLY CRAP! Come to Phoenix! We'll drive your !@#!"

He had such giggle fits on stage I thought it was funny. Since he's a ventriloquist. Even Peanut joked "When a ventriloquist gets the giggles the show isn't going anywhere!"

He's not super popular but I like 2 The Ranting Gryphon as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Robin Williams, Chris Rock, and Bill Cosby are my top 3 standup comedians.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
George Carlin was THE best comedian ever. It's funny, because I always thought of him more as a philosopher than a comedian.

I also like Robin Williams, Denis Leary, and Patton Oswalt.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Let me see...I USED...to like George Lopez before he went political and started spewing BS in his last stand up. Gabriel Iglesias, Paul Rodriguez, George Carlin. I have to thank some players from both Horde and Alliance for mentioning him.

Greg Giraldo. This man was not only known for his Roasts but also to shows like Tough Crowd, Lewis Black's show, I forgot which one. His Comedy Central stand up. Its a shame he passed away almost two years ago. He had so much potential and probably the most underrated Comedians in today's society. Katt Williams, Patton Oswalt.

The Queen of Mean Lisa Lampaneli, Jeff Ross, Chris Rock and Denis Leary.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Lisa Lampaneli, the first time I saw her, I was disgusted, I thought she was crude. I was younger, but now, I'm older and I think, she is hilarious, she is cruel, but in a joking and funny way that doesn't even hurt the people she's talking about. She's been on like every roast on Comedy Central, being the headliner or whatever of one, I can't remember which one it was. She's a little too explicit for me sometimes though.

A lot of the people on Chelsea Lately are funny, Chelsea herself is just annoying sometimes, but the guests she has are so great.

One of my favorite lines said on the round table was from Ross Mathews about a pick up line in a bar for gay guys:

"Would you like someone to push in your stool?"

I almost died when I heard that!

She has the best Gay Guests, anytime Fortune Fiemster or Ross are on, I have to see it. Wanda Sykes is also a great guest. I love when she's on Ellen as well. Ellen takes the cake for making people laugh with wholesome humor (and the occasional embarrass someone in the audience), no dirty jokes like the queen of mean. My favorites from her are when she puts herself into movies out now (best ones, Twilight - Breaking Dawn 1, and Titanic, Mission Impossible was funny too).
Edited by Pizzaro on 8/2/2012 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
George Carlin was THE best comedian ever. It's funny, because I always thought of him more as a philosopher than a comedian.

I also like Robin Williams, Denis Leary, and Patton Oswalt.

Yeah except he has no backround in philosophy nor does he know anything about philosophy. In my opinion George Carlin isn't that funny and his intelligence is overrated. He's not stupid but he's really not that smart. I've heard him say he's not an atheist even though he doesn't believe in god because it's also a religion....

Louis C.k has fantastic stand up. The Amazing Jonathan was really unique and funny the first couple of times I watched him also.

Favorite Comedic Actor is probably Danny Mcbride.
Edited by Misbelief on 8/7/2012 8:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Yeah except he has no backround in philosophy nor does he know anything about philosophy. In my opinion George Carlin isn't that funny and his intelligence is overrated. He's not stupid but he's really not that smart. I've heard him say he's not an atheist even though he doesn't believe in god because it's also a religion....

It's fine if you think of him that way but you're going to have to cite that last part. I've listened to tons of stuff he's done, aside from standup, and I've never heard him say atheism is a religion.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
08/07/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Misbelief
Yeah except he has no backround in philosophy nor does he know anything about philosophy.

He didn't need any. It just came natural to him. :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Kevin Smith. Although he's not technically a comedian, his Q&As and podcasts are a lot funnier than most comedians' stand up routines.
Edited by Cowbacca on 8/8/2012 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
08/01/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Rosenivy
Jeff Dunham

I went to see him live while back I laugh so hard I cried. Walter Stole the show. I would love see him again
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]