DK Tanking Guide (5.1)

90 Tauren Death Knight
09/17/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Seraphion
Will Pandaren's Step stack with Death's Advance?

yes
100 Draenei Death Knight
I have been wondering if they'll start to limit or cap the movement part. Just because you could be way too fast combining things like boot enchants + talents + Unholy Presence and so on. Being able to move faster than many. In PvE it's not an issue but I could see a limit arriving eventually due to PvP.
Edited by Tor on 9/17/2012 1:17 PM PDT
90 Tauren Death Knight
The most we can have is 150% movement speed, which is with unholy presence and death's advance. (boots don't stack with unholy presence). I know warlocks also have burst 150% available, so perhaps that's their desired speed burst?
100 Draenei Death Knight
09/17/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Reniat
The most we can have is 150% movement speed, which is with unholy presence and death's advance. (boots don't stack with unholy presence). I know warlocks also have burst 150% available, so perhaps that's their desired speed burst?

Part of me thinks that once the new arena and rbg season hits that we can expect a pass to come that puts some peak on movement so the fastest combos is equal to the lowest. This could just turn into a movement that peak at a level of 135? I don't know but letting for example some melee chase down others faster than even some ranged can run? A flag carrier moving faster than many other melee? That sort of thing. I just get the feeling a balancing pass may hit soon.
100 Night Elf Death Knight
So why isn't this a sticky yet?
90 Troll Druid
\o/ nice guide, Ren
90 Tauren Druid
Plz be back on page 1
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hey I just read you
And this is crazy
So bump me maybe
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hey I just read you
And this is crazy
So bump me maybe

That was turrible.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
No u

Also feel free to use this/make corrections (as i'm far from being a theory crafter)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6607193065?page=1#19
Although i'm sure you have something already, but if it helps, I'm glad to contribute!
90 Tauren Death Knight
Well i don't entirely agree with RE being the obvious choice. It's the most dps, but thats it. Being that it takes 2 procs before you can actually use it means that you might not have a DS when you need it, even though you have more DS/min.
90 Draenei Death Knight
09/22/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Hajï
Also feel free to use this/make corrections (as i'm far from being a theory crafter)

FYI, although we aren't really going to deal with haste as blood DKs, but (on average)

RS-RE = 0.45 of a rune
RS-RC = 0.405 of a rune (0.135 of each)
RS-BT = 0.40 of a rune (death)

That's true for any rune regeneration rate.
Edited by Euliat on 9/22/2012 8:51 PM PDT
90 Goblin Death Knight
Oh, by the way Reniat. I posted a while ago about having troubles holding threat on beta, no problems with threat now. In fact, I wink at an enemy and it's instant aggro.
90 Tauren Death Knight
good :)
90 Human Death Knight
Could we get this stickied?
And thanks for the info Reniat.
90 Goblin Death Knight
I tried requesting a sticky for this thread again, but it won't let me. :(
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]