In memory of Quutar.

100 Troll Shaman
I didn't know about this until I saw today's change log for Decursive. Sorry for your loss. :(
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
09/10/2012 12:05 AMPosted by Calberth
Even those who did not know Quutar by name in WoW were likely affected by his selfless and tireless work ethic. As the sole author of the original Decursive add-on, his efforts led to a fundamental change in Blizzard's approach to dispels and UI interaction.

Blizzard has honored certain members of the community who had made great contributions to the game in the past via an NPC or item-name. I would think Quutar would deserve the same reward, particularly considering how iconic Decursive is in the addons field.

I 100% support recognizing Quutar in-game.

Like Alayea, I did not know about about Quutar's passing until I read the dedication to him in the change-log for Decursive. I cannot say that I knew him, but the add-on really helped me figure out how to make better use of my dispells since Burning Crusade. For someone to take the time to craft such a useful add-on, publish it, and maintain it - it's amazing to think how many in the WoW community he has touched with his kindness and dedication.

My deepest, sincerest condolences to his wife and daughter. /hug
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I never met the man before. Never really even knew his name, but the single fact that he spent hours upon hours working on something that made our lives much easier in this game....

That makes him a great person and someone i would have been better knowing as a friend.

My heart goes out to his family and godspeed to him.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Well crap.

Been a bad year for losing folk, Comfort to those still here, salute to the one who has gone on.
Edited by Wyst on 9/26/2012 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
09/23/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Aliok

Blizzard has honored certain members of the community who had made great contributions to the game in the past via an NPC or item-name. I would think Quutar would deserve the same reward, particularly considering how iconic Decursive is in the addons field.

I 100% support recognizing Quutar in-game.

Like Alayea, I did not know about about Quutar's passing until I read the dedication to him in the change-log for Decursive. I cannot say that I knew him, but the add-on really helped me figure out how to make better use of my dispells since Burning Crusade. For someone to take the time to craft such a useful add-on, publish it, and maintain it - it's amazing to think how many in the WoW community he has touched with his kindness and dedication.

My deepest, sincerest condolences to his wife and daughter. /hug

this ^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't frequent the forums, so I had no idea this had happened. Quutar and I raided together frequently when Dark Legend first got off the ground, pre-Molten Core, and I remember when he first talked about Decursive making his life easier in UBRS and elsewhere. He was always a great presence in the guild, and a fantastic human being. He will be missed.

Lethann, I'm very sorry for your loss. I wish you and your child the absolute best.

- Caligo
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Paladin
I only got to meet Quutar very briefly when I had first joined Dark Legend with this very character years ago. He helped show me the ropes in one of my first guild runs and I was quite nervous. I believe it was Scholomance. He told me to try out this addon Decursive and at the time I did not know he had anything to do with it.

Decursive made every single paladins life tremendously easier and far more enjoyable. Although I did not know him very well, his effect on hundreds of thousands of players lives will echo on. I hope there can be some comfort drawn from that thought and I truly am sorry for the loss.

I wish his family and close friends the best.

- Gudnor
Reply Quote
Sorry to hear about this. I've been using Decursive since MC and Ony were the only raids in game. As a mage, it was invaluable to me, and there still almost isn't a day that goes by that I don't use it at least once or twice when I'm in game. I can safely say it is the only mod I have never dumped in 8+ years of WoW. Thanks Quutar for this awesome mod, and all the best to your family. My son was born a couple months before release, and he's 8 1/2 and I still play this game, and now he is too. You have made a portion of my life easier, if in a small way, and for that I really appreciate you and your work. RIP.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
I realize this is old news by now but I had not heard. I am sorry to learn of his passing - may his memory always be a blessing.

I remember Quutar for two things, which are related. I remember that when I was a noob pala-healer in Molten Core he was willing to stop and help me, explain things, and be patient.

I also remember that during the events leading up to opening the gate in Silithus people were kind of spazzing about not really knowing what to do and he was always willing to give advice and suggestions. He never seemed to lose his temper (unlike some of the rest of us).
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Not for nothing but I thought this guy died recently ty for making me feel bad for someone who died like 2 years ago -.- necropost to the max
Reply Quote
I found out by chance the name of the person who created decursive then I found a link that led me to this post. Even though I never knew him and this may be late but my sincere condolences to his family.

I agree that blizzard should honor Quutar in-game for someone who has made it easy for so many of us.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Quu was always a good friend for those who did not know him. He loved his family and he loved the game. He never missed a blizzcon and he loved working on his adds. I always had a laugh with him. He will be missed.
It is sad the faces we no longer get to see. Hopefully I will see everyone again on the other side.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I recently lost a dear friend I played games with for years. It hurts as much as someone you've known in real life and sadly its a pain that's difficult to explain to your own real life family and friends. Your guild has my condolences.
Reply Quote
98 Human Warlock
Continued prayers for Quutar's wife and little girl.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Sorry to bump such an old thread. But RIP Quu, I was only told about this recently. I remember hanging out with some of the guys from 11th during my Vanilla days, and using Decursive. Someone said Fang you know that Quu created that right lol. I was like ummm. Nope. Q was a good guy, and I remember talking to him once about the addon and him saying if you know anything that can make it better don't hesitate to let me know! My best wishes for Quutar's family!!!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I was in Dark Legends & 11th w/ Quutar, and I always enjoyed playing w/ him.

Since I left the ER server a while ago, I missed this thread. I had a ton of great experiences w/ him and if Lethann would like to hear any of my great stories regarding Q, let me know and we can communicate through email or FB. He was truly a great guy and tremendous gamer.

Here's one that stands out;

I spent so much time running Dire Maul trying to find the Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying... it was hundreds of runs... I was SOOO frustrated and Quutar decided to make it his personal quest to ensured that I got it. So we ran it together maybe another 15-20 times and still we couldn't that dusty tome w/ that compendium. Guess what that stinker did? He bought it for me for around 2k gold (that was a LOT of gold at that time) and I paid him back with 150 Blood of the Mountain. He just didn't want to see me so frustrated and wanted to make me happy...

He was a great guy that I'm glad crossed my path in life.

Slundy
Edited by Slundar on 11/11/2014 6:53 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]