Adding characters through API returns errors

69 Draenei Mage

We use the API key for However, since the past week, we have noticed a problem with it.

During 00:00 & 04:00 CEST+1 (Central European Summer Time + 1), US people can't seem to add their characters at this time, with intervals that it sometimes is possible. It returns that the server and the character can't be found. If we don't touch it, it works sometimes and works smoothly after 04:00 CEST+1 again.

If I force a resync of it, it works again, but only for a short period of time.

Any thoughts about this? The EU one works perfectly fine the whole time.
3 Night Elf Druid
Have you tried calling the character's api request manually to check if it's really an error on blizzard's side?

Sound more like an internal bug to me.
69 Draenei Mage
I don't know if it is that relevant, as it doesn't always happen within that time and both the EU and US use the same service, only different API. The EU one has no problem, US does at that time.
3 Night Elf Druid
Depends, I wouldn't rule anything out without testing it. It's usually nothing, but you can't always be sure. ;)

BTW: What do you mean with "If I force resync"? Sending without last-modified header?
90 Human Warlock
We have registered the site and use the API key, but we get "Daily Limit Exceeded" now.

This is only when trying to access US characters, we never had this for EU characters. We have more US users which may explain that...

Please increase the limit. We aren't making the same requests excessively afaik, we just have a lot of users and a lot of reasons we need the API to work.
1 Troll Rogue
If you're fetching the characters upon user request, then have the user fetch the JSON from and send it to you.
100 Human Mage
Please increase the open raid limit, they seem to do what you are unwilling to do by expanding the raid opportunity in the game, please help them.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Please increase the Openraid daily limit. It's a great WoW community generated service for putting cross realm groups together. Help us help ourselves!
88 Gnome Mage
Sigh, I tried to add this mage to OpenRaid but now it's giving me errors and telling me to come ask here for the limit increase. Would it be too hard for a limit increase? If not could there be one?
100 Draenei Paladin
Please increase the Openraid daily API limit.
I'm not able to add my Shaman to OpenRaid either, because of this issue. Please increase their daily API limit.
85 Tauren Paladin
Please increase the API usage for Openraid, this is a great tool for players who want to raid and who are on weird hours or work weird hours.
100 Night Elf Hunter
email the site admin tell them to get in tough with the api team by email it will take some time ...
85 Dwarf Hunter
Please increase the limit :/ just trying to get into some stuff before mists.
85 Dwarf Shaman
Adding my /signed to this. Blizzard, this site is a gamechanger. I have cleared more content, including heroics, since using Openraid, then the previous 4.5 years combined. These guys deserve whatever support you can give them, so make it happen.
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Would love to get my character added in sometime before MOP
10 Tauren Shaman
08/06/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Spiketimix
but now it's giving me errors and telling me to come ask here for the limit increase

Oh that's a nice idea. Good way to flood the forum.
Can imagine what could happen if I add such error message to WoWProgress.
90 Worgen Warrior
Throwing my hat into the ring. Let's make this happen, blizz!
90 Human Warrior
Increase limit please.
90 Orc Death Knight
come onnn blizz this would b dank- up the limit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)