Guild wars 2 or mist of pandaria?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Which will be more fun and have better pvp? Which is a better buy?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
LNC
GW2 will have the better PvP (and more balanced too).

It's a better buy since there is no sub fee.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
GW2 is worth the one off purchase (no sub) for the WvW pvp alone.

3 ways wars across 4 huge zones, with 100s of players on each side in each zone. Fortresses, keeps and supply camps, supply line logistics, and seiges.

That run for 2 weeks non stop. Constantly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
id wait on gw2. simply because a few things need to be considered:

WoW has proven itself as a successful mmo with very solid pvp (yes, some ppl whine about it but people whine about pvp in call of duty and those suckers play it in the millions).

the other wise thing to do, as with any mmo, is to wait. much like getting a new windows operating system, its not good to get it day 1, but to let the game settle, see how it rolls before deciding. reading, watching videos, getting feedback etc.

people might claim pvp is balanced in gw2 because of gear not making a difference but gear and its buffs from cooking will throw things out. and anet are synonomous with nerfing skills since that is the bread and butter of how the player and the game interacts with one another.

the other thing to to consider is that with Mists of Pandaria, they are bridging the gap between pvp and pve armour for a starter, so the playing field will be more even. not only that, cookie cutter builds with talent trees are now gone, and you have a more free form style available.

gw2 has to PROVE its game has longevity and balance, a few beta weekends and peoples opinions in MY opinion isnt enough. if you cant wait, get both and decide unless money is tight.

Its not gonna have longevity because of the fact there is no sub fee. People keep parading about the fact of no sub fee, and how its better, but they fail to realize is that results in a lack of content. arenanet has already acknowledged this.

I like gw2 and im going to play it for a while, however from what ive played its not gonna last me longer than a month, its not really new or innovative.
Edited by Riposare on 8/5/2012 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I have a mitigated opinion when it comes to GW2 vs WoW, I like both games and all... But for PvP, I hate to say this on a Blizzard forum but Guild Wars 2 is just plain better.

This isn't to say it's perfect, personally I thought WvW could be kind of a zerg fest for example, but compared to a game like WoW that allows level 85s to gank/grief level 15s or that allows gear to make up for a lack of skill on the player's side, I think the choice is obvious.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Well currently in the beta (for MoP) the PvP is the same as it is in cata, complete imbalance of classes and total burst.

Guild Wars 2 pvp, (while I was on BWE3) was slightly imbalanced, (warriors were op as hell) but the damage was manageable. A good thief could make a warrior get on his defensive, and make him start his self heals.

Currently, in the MoP every classes self healing is way too strong, (particularly speaking warriors).

Overally I had the most fun playing GW2 (mostly cause it was a new game, and a breath of fresh air). And I am enjoying some of the changes with MoP, the complete imbalance of classes is absurd right now though, but it is beta and will be fixed.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I choose option 3, both.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Neither.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
08/05/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Riposare
Its not gonna have longevity because of the fact there is no sub fee. People keep parading about the fact of no sub fee, and how its better, but they fail to realize is that results in a lack of content. arenanet has already acknowledged this.

Because WoW has had such amazing content releases in the last 6 or 8 months since 4.3 right? Heck PVP hasn't gotten a good content update since the start of Cata and that was only two BGs.

I fail to see how a sub fee means you'll get your money's worth of content.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/06/2012 04:49 AMPosted by Tamashii

Because WoW has had such amazing content releases in the last 6 or 8 months since 4.3 right? Heck PVP hasn't gotten a good content update since the start of Cata and that was only two BGs.

i think people need to let go. blizzard obviously messed up regarding content, and it didnt happen before and upset people to this degree. i think people need to see if they will redeem themselves or not. i think thats fair considering that if people are complaining over 8 months, well the last 7 years has been what? terrible? no course not.

It's kinda hard to let it go when this is the 2ed time they've done this sorta thing. In WotLK, we had to wait what? 8-9 months before Cata came out? And all we had was ICC and Ruby Sanctum. ICC was much bigger than DS, though, so that helped out with the complaints. But we still only had 1 content patch for a 8 month span of time.

Now as for the OP: It really really depends on what you like more, WoW or GW2? I got MoP, because I have a lot of games right now from the steam sale (ERM MEH GERD, SIMS 3, WITCHER 1/2, DUNGEON DEFENDERS!) so playing a new MMO seems kinda outta the question. I'm also waiting on GW2 because I'd want them to get the kinks that come with any new MMO release.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
08/06/2012 04:49 AMPosted by Tamashii
i think people need to let go. blizzard obviously messed up regarding content, and it didnt happen before and upset people to this degree. i think people need to see if they will redeem themselves or not. i think thats fair considering that if people are complaining over 8 months, well the last 7 years has been what? terrible? no course not.

Eh, i think pvpers have plenty of reason to complain. Blizzard has proved time and time again that they have no clue what they're doing with pvp. Season 9 was filled with mmr exploiters, a couple weeks into season 10 they reset MMR but not ladders which killed competition and made it impossible for many players to achieve high rating if they didn't play in the first couple weeks, and season 11 is filled with OP PVE trinkets, legendaries and triple dps teams. Oh and they reintroduced the horribly bug filled map Ring of Valor.

Pvpers feel very much like second class citizens in wow. They pay the same $15 a month as everyone else but get far less than attention and content than Pve players.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock

My point still stands though, just because the game has a subscription doesn't mean you'll get your money's worth of content.

I simply think GW2's payment model is better because I mainly PVP and in WoW I'm paying $15 a month for minimal PVP content and I could just as easily play GW2, pay nothing a month and receive minimal PVP content. I can see the longevity (for PVP at least) being enough to hold the game together between content releases as it's not like PVPers normally get much in the way of new content anyway.

08/06/2012 06:05 AMPosted by Tomac
Oh and they reintroduced the horribly bug filled map Ring of Valor.

OMG I hate ring of valor. You go to LOS behind a pillar and the pillar goes down and you're like fuuuuuu--- *sheep*
Edited by Kassiel on 8/6/2012 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
35 Draenei Mage
well from what i have been reading and seeing i think i will be giving GW2 a go. No monthly sub as well. MoP looks to be will be a down grade to this game. plus the crafting system they have looks challenging and just totally awesome
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/06/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Lupira
I choose option 3, both.

Glad you have the time for a feat like that.

I just have money, so if I have to choose, GW2 just looks and feels way more fun.
Reply Quote

Wrong. Blizzard released quite a bit of content - its just they designed it all so it could be skipped. They had a big gap at the end of Wrath too with ICC and at the end of TBC they didn't release that much either in reality as almost no one was going to do Sunwell..

Blizzard has changed their game so its impossible for them to 'keep up' with the fan base by releasing content. That's the problem with making everthing 'accessible and convient.'

GW2 has the same problem - and will achieve the same kind of burnout. But its not going to matter since they already have most of the money they planned to get after you buy the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]