Valor rewards for mop wait till you hear this

Ive been doing some research, please look at these numbers.

LFR 90
Heroics 30
Scenarios 0

I dont have the numbers for normal raid boss or daily's yet, if someone can post them it would be appreciated.

So what Im seeing here.

You will have to run 33 heroics to cap out a week, even with the amount of heroics we have this is going to burn out players quick.

Also most of the pieces are going to for around 1800 vp, so that means 60 heroics for a single piece of gear on one character.......

Does anyone else think the amount of grind here is a bit insane....

Also this is guaranteeing that Scenarios are going to fall on their face, once you gear up to full 463 no one will ever run a scenario again.

Also the raids are very hard in 463 gear, I dont think even with a 5 or 10% nerf players are going to get anywhere. And LFR's drop chances are so low that gearing up in LFR is a pipe dream, I know a blue poster tossed around a 5% chance per boss of gear.. thats 20 bosses per piece... thats....20/3 about 6 lfrs or 3 weeks for a single 476 piece of gear....

Can you say grind and burnout..
60 Tauren Warrior
Good thing you probably won't need valor gear to do Heroics or LFR in the first place so you're pretty much good unless your a raider in which case you still most likely won't need full valor gear before you start suplimenting some of those slots with gear off the earlier bosses not to mention a vastly superior rate of valor gain.

Judging the difficulty of content from beta is always a bad idea, mainly because that's what the beta raid tests are there for.
I really don't think by the time MoP is out people will be struggling as hard on normal/LFR as beta considering that the raids are almost ALWAYS more difficult for the top guilds to complete in beta before, addons, fight strats, bug fixes and straight up nerfs.

I could always be wrong and blizzard could crank up the difficulty, and make people grind forever untill people complain on the forums and they smack it with the nerf bat after a couple weeks.
Edited by Tinkerballs on 8/6/2012 1:05 AM PDT
90 Gnome Warrior
i thought that there was no valour gear in mists and that valour was used to upgrade other gear
Edited by Lavinnelly on 8/6/2012 1:05 AM PDT
LFR is alot more difficult in mop than live.

463 isnt really going to cut it.

Im not talking full valor for mogu or LFr, Im talking 2 pieces...

2 pieces of gear is going to set you back 120 heroics even at 15 minutes a piece thats 1800 minutes or

30 HOURS for 2 valor pieces....

and thats assumming your a tank with instant queue..... thats going to be alot of queue time for dps.
22 Tauren Warrior
The valor system really isn't implemented on the beta currently. Some of it's there but some of it isn't. They've said that valor will come from normal raids in larger quantities, LRF and Heroics in smaller quantities then scenario's and select daily quests in tiny quantities.
08/06/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Downlo
Heroics rewarding valor was pretty much a 4.3 thing - normally they just reward justice, as justice gear is what you need to raid. So it's not surprising that Heroics in 5.1 aren't giving out much valor - it's pretty much only for those who can't raid and still want to improve.

Early cata heroics awarded valor too, they gave 90 or 120 I forget now.

Valor gear was out till bliz did a 180 and put them back in on the faction vendors, please refer to MMOchampion for exact details.
Good thing you probably won't need valor gear to do Heroics or LFR in the first place so you're pretty much good unless your a raider in which case you still most likely won't need full valor gear before you start suplimenting some of those slots with gear off the earlier bosses not to mention a vastly superior rate of valor gain.

Judging the difficulty of content from beta is always a bad idea, mainly because that's what the beta raid tests are there for.
I really don't think by the time MoP is out people will be struggling as hard on normal/LFR as beta considering that the raids are almost ALWAYS more difficult for the top guilds to complete in beta before, addons, fight strats, bug fixes and straight up nerfs.

I could always be wrong and blizzard could crank up the difficulty, and make people grind forever untill people complain on the forums and they smack it with the nerf bat after a couple weeks.

Valor gear has a few purposes...

Its for people who cant raid and want to improve.

its for people who can raid but dont have quite the skill to do it without a booster seat.

Its for people who do raid who just want an edge.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I thought Valor was going to be used to upgrade gear not buy gear >.>
Found it:

In Mists of Pandaria, Valor Points can be used to upgrade your gear. This feature is not in the game yet and not intended to be previewed at this time. All of the numbers used here are fake (except the item level 375 requirement) and for demonstration purposes only.

♦ The minimum item level to upgrade gear is 375.
♦ The left side shows the gear item level (500) and the player's item level (489).
♦ The right side shows the increase in item level, and the new item level (525) and player's item level (491).
♦ Right now all stats are upgraded, you can see the increase in individual stats on the right side (+35) and the new stat amount (255).
♦ This example only shows one stat, but in the final product all of the stats on an item will be increased.
♦ Each item has a limited number of times it can be upgraded, which is shown at the top right (2/3), with the upgrade cost directly above it (300).

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/june/valorUpgrade.jpg
08/06/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Agememnon
The valor system really isn't implemented on the beta currently. Some of it's there but some of it isn't. They've said that valor will come from normal raids in larger quantities, LRF and Heroics in smaller quantities then scenario's and select daily quests in tiny quantities.

Okie Im sure hardcore mchardhat hardbutt hardnosed raiders will be fine doing it with no valor and no nerf.

For the normal player, having to raid to get valor to well.. raid... seems a bit daft when you look at it like that.

I know why they did this, its 2 reasons, the easy gear flow in 4.3 hurt them more than they thought and in classic blizzard fashion they turned around and went way too far in the other direction and to too stingy.

also right now, the best way to get valor is to get conquest and convert it, this is so bad on so many levels its not even funny, but it will promote pvp....
90 Worgen Warrior
08/06/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Bathin
I thought Valor was going to be used to upgrade gear not buy gear >.>

I think these people are form some parallel universe or something. One where they didn't axe valor grinding.

I wonder what color their sky is.
Found it:

In Mists of Pandaria, Valor Points can be used to upgrade your gear. This feature is not in the game yet and not intended to be previewed at this time. All of the numbers used here are fake (except the item level 375 requirement) and for demonstration purposes only.

♦ The minimum item level to upgrade gear is 375.
♦ The left side shows the gear item level (500) and the player's item level (489).
♦ The right side shows the increase in item level, and the new item level (525) and player's item level (491).
♦ Right now all stats are upgraded, you can see the increase in individual stats on the right side (+35) and the new stat amount (255).
♦ This example only shows one stat, but in the final product all of the stats on an item will be increased.
♦ Each item has a limited number of times it can be upgraded, which is shown at the top right (2/3), with the upgrade cost directly above it (300).

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/june/valorUpgrade.jpg

Thats only part of it....

Thats the improvement system.

But look at the faction vendors on mmochampion, they have 489 valor gear for 1200-1800 per piece and with these stingy levels of income actually getting any of that is well..... not going to happen.
100 Human Paladin
Heroics rewarding valor was pretty much a 4.3 thing - normally they just reward justice, as justice gear is what you need to raid. So it's not surprising that Heroics in 5.1 aren't giving out much valor - it's pretty much only for those who can't raid and still want to improve.

Valor gear was out till bliz did a 180 and put them back in on the faction vendors, please refer to MMOchampion for exact details.

70 in 4.0.6, and it was a daily reward at that point, not a weekly one.

Also, here's some valor gear on faction quartermasters: http://www.wowhead.com/news=205175/mists-of-pandaria-golden-lotus-preview-and-news-round-up
Edited by Terciel on 8/6/2012 1:17 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warrior
08/06/2012 01:13 AMPosted by Sarosha
But look at the faction vendors on mmochampion, they have 489 valor gear for 1200-1800 per piece and with these stingy levels of income actually getting any of that is well..... not going to happen.

You get Valor from dailies too, remember that.

And they are getting rid of the daily cap too.
Edited by Jessebella on 8/6/2012 1:18 AM PDT

Convert Conquest to Valor OR accept the fact gear isn't just being handed out in MoP. Welcome to WoW's roots, the World of Grindcraft.
08/06/2012 01:16 AMPosted by Terciel

70 in 4.0.6, and it was a daily reward at that point, not a weekly one.

Also, here's some valor gear on faction quartermasters: http://www.wowhead.com/news=205175/mists-of-pandaria-golden-lotus-preview-and-news-round-up

Thank you muchly for that reference

Thats a good example of it.

the cheapest is 1250 and the most expensive is 2250

Let me get my math shoes on here...

2250/30=75 heroics.... wait it gets better

75x15 minutes a piece...1125 minutes but wait thats assuming no queue time.... lets say for a dps a 10 minute queue for each heroic..

Hahahahahahahaha.... oh my god

I just fell on the floor

32 HOURS for one piece of valor gear... 1 piece...

Convert Conquest to Valor OR accept the fact gear isn't just being handed out in MoP. Welcome to WoW's roots, the World of Grindcraft.

Players arent going to grind 30+ hours for a single valor piece...

They will quit...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]