Thinking of transferring

85 Blood Elf Rogue
So I have a couple of servers in mind that I want to xfer too, and Feathermoon is one of them! So how is this server? PvP, RP, raid, leveling wise? How are the people here? Nice, mean, or just w/e?
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
RP is in cliqs a lot of times both Horde and Alliance side. PvP is laid back in some ways but serious in others. The best time is when it's mixed with RP just right I think like the tri-city raid of old, Horde vs. Alliance fights out in a random zone where both sides get together anywhere from 1 - 3 raid groups fighting, etc.

Also in before the baby eating orc if he's still around.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
((Gunny's on Hiatus still, I think Bull. He has been slacking on his baby eating))
Reply Quote
the server is pretty bad tbh
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
((We're not a bad server! And new friends are always welcome, especially if they rp!))
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Check out the Welcome to Feathermoon sticky at the top of the forum.

And welcome, if you decide to stick around!

Oh, and don't listen to Gravetear. ;0)
Edited by Vivimord on 8/2/2012 3:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
08/01/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Okono

((You realize that's not the most effective message to deliver to attract new friends, right?))

Sure it is, just have to have a positive attitude about things.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
08/01/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Okono

((You realize that's not the most effective message to deliver to attract new friends, right?))

Lol, I'm from Moon Guard, baby orcs are tame compared to most of the things here.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Check out the Welcome to Feathermoon sticky at the top of the forum.

And welcome, if you decide to stick around!

Oh, and don't listen to Gravetear. ;0)

I read it, seems good. A question, are people really really anal about naming on this server? Like if they see a non-rp name will they automatically report it? I know on Moon Guard there are people who don't rp and just like the community who don't have an rp name, and people don't really care. As for myself, as you can tell my name really isnt rp-ish, I have this "ology" theme going on with my alts ad would like to continue it, I just make a name and story for my character on the MRP instead.
Reply Quote
(( Ok, so honesty, because you deserve it:

Our population is very low at the moment. The same is true of a lot of other servers. Churn has eaten into Concurrency numbers everywhere. If you're looking for a lot of activity that you don't have to create for yourself, there are still some High pop servers out there that will be much better suited to what you want. Don't expect things to 'just happen' and you to be able to jump into them here.

FMoon's community has a history (some might say a proud tradition) of being insular. It is not easy for an outsider to gain access to the most active, fun and successful groups here on either faction. However, having said that, once you DO get a seat at the table you will find some of the most friendly, fun, helpful, creative and just plain hilarious people you have ever played with. Our community, such that remains of it, is hands-down the best you'll find.

PvP activity is currently on the upswing after suffering somewhat of a drought. There's a long tradition of some top-notch PvPers on this server, but as a previous commenter noted the talent pool has always been on the shallower end. Currently World PvP has been limited to mostly small 2-3 man engagements with a couple notable city attempts. Defenders are few and far between outside of prime-time hours though, so don't expect too much until Mists brings pop numbers back up for a while.

Our forums used to boast some of the funniest and most talented trolls in WoW, but lately these new scrubs have been stinking up the place. Don't expect too much on that front. We do however still see some of the best RP and Fiction you're likely to find on any server forum, period, the end. There are also regularly scheduled RP events involving a small but dedicated community of players and a recent uptick in activity as people prepare for MoP.

Hope this helps your search, and good luck finding the right home.))
Reply Quote
I once used my power as raid leader to mass report Baconbitz for a week straight until after three name changes a GM finally forced a random on him. The raid thought it was hilarious, and so did I.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
08/02/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Malkavet
I once used my power as raid leader to mass report Baconbitz for a week straight until after three name changes a GM finally forced a random on him. The raid thought it was hilarious, and so did I.

I just about shot iced coffee out my nose when I read that.

And to think he was blaming Guild Watch the entire time for that!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't listen to the nay-sayers. I started playing three years ago on Feathermoon, so a 'newbie' in terms of residing on this server. Very nice people. Welcomed me, taught me how to play, and overall I've had an enjoyable time here. I like the medium population and if you like to rp, you can find it. Like any server you have your trade trolls, but there is a great sense of community too.

I've tried out PvP servers, normal servers, and other RP servers. Moon Guard is a good server when it comes to friendly people. It's also very crowded. A good and a bad thing. I'd say Feathermoon is about the same when it comes to raid, PvP, and leveling. The main difference is there is RP everywhere on Moon Guard; you have to hunt a bit harder to find it here. We are more a normal server with a RP core. Overall, friendlier than most I think.

I also don't read these forums often. I base my opinions on my game interactions, not the forums.
Edited by Vinya on 8/2/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't often read forums, but when I do I read threads that Malkavet posts in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
08/02/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Malkavet
Hahahhaha, that was as good as the time that some guys in a Hulk Hogan guild got reported and a GM booted them during an arena match so he could change their guild name.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
((I would like to point out that while Bacon got reported, he posted a thread on the forum and we had a nice discussion about name reporting. He was angry as hell for a while (And understandably so, but by the end we didn't agree but he understood the point.

To be honest, people can get cranky about names and other things about RP. Because its people dealing with people. But we also have very nice people that are willing to help newcomers find a good place.

My suggestion, as always, is to make a low level alt, contact the people you've seen on this thread, and the "welcome" thread and see what you think.

I know people that have done that. They aren't necessarily in my circle right now, but they seem happy where they are.))
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]