Thinking of transferring

92 Human Hunter
((As you can see, we are like other rp realms in that we have our fair share of drama. But don't worry! There's good too!

I can't speak for Hordeside, but Alliance side there is fairly regular rp. The Order of the Rose has guild meetings every Friday at 5:30 in the Argent Dawn building in the Cathedral District in Stormwind that people are welcome to walk into as long as they are not disruptive. This Friday we are having auditions for a play for the upcoming Rose Ball, an annual event that all roleplayers, Alliance and Horde, are welcome to.

The Pig and Whistle in Old Town sometimes has roleplaying happening in it, most often in the evening.

The Rose normally has a social night and another night for rp every week, but those are pretty much on hiatus right now with the drop in activity that usually comes at the end of each expansion. If you're thinking of switching realms, it would probably be best to wait until Mists of Pandaria comes out. Transferring now could get you a bunch of bored players, which could be pretty discouraging.))
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

The Pig and Whistle in Old Town sometimes has roleplaying happening in it, most often in the evening.
Traditionally on Tuesdays, often on Thursdays & weekends as well these days.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
((To the OP, I would think very carefully before making such a move. As a former member of this realm, I would point out to you the multiple instances in this thread of people indicating that the groups are 'insular' or 'most of the RPers know each other'. This creates an extremely difficult environment for a new RPer, and many of these groups are not interested in engaging in any RP outside of their comfort zone. Also note the enjoyment that some get from trolling/griefing others.

Many of those very posters who are encouraging you may themselves be guilty of this behavior. I know myself and quite a few of my friends grew disgusted with the environment here and have gone to a variety of other servers.

I would highly suggest you create an alt, make an MRP or RSP profile and attempt to engage with the RPers before you make a move. See if they are as encouraging to new RP contact as the other posters claim. I suspect you will not be as satisfied as you believe you will be. If that has changed, then it is a good thing, but I would tread lightly before you determine the truth of the matter. ))

This is the same player as Trumpet. I'm switching to my main because I know Biara knows this character and I'm not sure if he knows the other one.

@Biara: Dude. I really hate burning bridges. I don't agree with your side of all that stuff 100% but I think I've shown some willingness to meet you halfway in order to stay friendly with you. Not because I need to, not because that's the easiest option, but because I want to.

All those things said, I am disappoint right now. :| Very very disappoint.

You have sounded in conversation with me like you are happy where you are. Awesome! That's great! I'm happy for you. No, seriously, I honestly am. So... go be happy and enjoy RP there, because coming back on forums to try to stir up even more drama about something that is already resolved (resolution = you and other like-minded finding somewhere y'all are happier) and chase away potential new people here is vindictive, and selfish, and petty, and childish, and several other adjectives I feel mean for wanting to type but it's so damn true. >:(

@OP: Biara is referring to a very specific instance of drama without giving any context and I think it's pretty clear what I think of that, but making an alt here and testing the waters before you put IRL money down isn't actually a terrible idea at all. Make a character with an MRP/FlagRSP (maybe with an OOC note that says you're checking out the server for possible transfer, but that's not a requirement), head to one of the RP events you've been invited to on this thread or you otherwise hear of, or send /tell to one of the people you've seen in this thread and tell them you're new to FM and looking to make some RP contacts.

I have only been RPing at all whatsoever since Cata launch - which makes me pretty new by my calculations! I've made a lot of friends, and I do mean a LOT, in that amount of time through feathermoon's RP community, on both faction sides. I will reiterate what I said before - being friendly and generally easygoing goes a very long way on Feathermoon.
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Paladin
I had a longer response typed out, but I think I'll stay with this.

If you are super outgoing and can commit to some planned events, by all means, come here!

If you are a wallflower or a casual player, maybe proceed with some caution.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I agree with the pretty dwarf.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I had a longer response typed out, but I think I'll stay with this.

If you are super outgoing and can commit to some planned events, by all means, come here!

If you are a wallflower or a casual player, maybe proceed with some caution.

^ That

Also.. Feathermoon as some amazing people who are homey and welcoming. However, they're not nearly as active as Moon Guard is.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/07/2012 06:05 AMPosted by Gaytheil
Feathermoon as some

has* :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Feathermoon has been around for a long time. There are people on this realm that want to only hang out with their friends. There are people that want to meet new people. We do have those who think if you don't rp their way you are wrong. We do have those who think you can rp anyway you like and it is cool.

We have friendly, unfriendly and crazy people. We have some who will bend over backwards to help you, some who are awkward, some who don't rp, some who do... etc.

Because we've been around for so long I think we are actually pretty varied in everything. Some of us have been around since Vanilla and have seen the wave go up and down. If you find people you click with then I'm sure you'll have fun. It is like any place; we have a variety of people, groups and mind sets. You just have to find the right mix for yourself.

Roll an alt and poke about and see how you feel before you put your money down. Currently things are pretty quiet because it is summer and right before an expansion.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/07/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Ocba
Feathermoon as some

has* :P

Shush you >:O
Reply Quote
We also have spelling and grammar !@#$s - a necessary ingredient for any text-based endeavor.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
((Dear Cosmology:

Summary: Come to Feathermoon and see for yourself, with an alt or with a main.

Big read: As for the other, tangential points discussed earlier:

I've never played on Moonguard or WRA. These two servers are frequently mentioned as being very active for RP. I think that's fantastic: RP on any WoW server helps RP on just about every server. The more people RP, the more stories that are shared, the more interactions that occur simply makes the game more fun for our ilk.

I rerolled on FM two months after launch (or so). I have never looked back. The RP on this server--for me--has been as good if not better than 90% of the table top gaming I have done. And each year I have been here, I have met more and more fantastic RPers. I have always found the community here to be creative, kind and generous with their time and stories.

I do not know, nor do I care, if I am accused of being insular, elitist or arrogant. When I RP with the people I chose too, i still attempt to engage others who, if not new to the server, are new to me. What snags my attention isnt' an RSP Flag or MyRP profile, but how someone acts in the bar.

Let me provide some context: As many of you know, I love booze. And I love bars. I go for drinks with family and friends and I,like many other people at the bar, talk to the people that I know. On occasion, I strike up a conversation with someone who is interesting at the bar because they say, or do, something interesting. I don't butt in someone's conversation, pout in a corner hoping that someone will talk to me and I don't get so drunk as to dance on tables and puke on others (well, definitely not the latter).

RPing in game is very similar. You want to be noticed, be interesting. Be friendly. Don't be a drunken !@# or a pouty punk. Keep in mind that when people are RPing, they are hanging out with the people they want to hang out with. That's not being insular, that's hanging out with people you want to hang out with. If you want to associate with that crowd, then its up to you to make contact. This is not about being a popular person on the server. It means if you are interesting, and interact with people in a manner that is respectful to person and RP, you'll find more people to RP with.

To that last point: At times, in a bar, I have made conversation with someone who creeps me the hell out. I use my "get me out of here" gesture and I am extracted by a team of bad $%^ bar operatives. Likewise: if your toon is creepy or weirding people out, other Rpers may not want to associate with you. The cool thing about WoW rp: if you are worried about creeping people out, you can message them: unlike in real life, where the creepo never gets the subtext.

In short: Rp is about how you interact with people and who you interact with. It is give and take. While we may spend more time with the friend we already have, we won't ignore you if you're new. In fact, we'll respond and do some outreach if you RP. But you have to interact with us so we can interact with you. ))
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Well, assuming the OP hasn't already run away screaming...

Strengths of Feathermoon!

1. We have awesome writers! No really, we have some really great writers here. Intimidatingly good, even. You can find a few such stories posted on the forums.

2. Related to #1, Feathermoon features a variety of really in-depth, well-written and well-played characters. The RP community is also really well developed.

3. Feathermoon carries, I think, a pretty unique world PVP culture. It's waxed and waned over the years (currenly in the "wane" stage), but it's been present since Vanilla.

Weaknesses of Feathermoon

1. As this thread may illustrate, we know drama.

2. If Moon Guard is the big city of RP servers, FM is kinda the small town. Whether that's a strength or weakness is really up to you, but it's still kinda a fact.

3. There is a bit of truth, I think, to the claim that RP can be insular here. That doesn't mean that newcomers aren't welcome (they most certainly are), nor that you have to join a RP guild in order to interact IC (you most certainly don't), but it does mean that newcomers will have to go seek RP out as opposed to randomly tripping over it while questing.

Ultimately, I'm going to agree with the others who've suggested creating an alt first to come check us out. I promise that I've found it very worthwhile to stay, and I think it has a lot to offer.
Edited by Kelliana on 8/7/2012 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
((So much of what's been said I can agree with.

Our population is down.

There is/will be drama amongst players. I sometimes think it's ingrained into an rper's brain. =)

You could call some groups insular, but then again, you might not. Surely that is a matter of perspective? I find if you make yourself visible and are a polite and realistic player, I doubt any group will remain closed to you for an extended length of time.

I was new to Alliance side on FM with Cata, and it took some time to find my people, but I certainly did. I also didn't expect it to be handed to me on a silver platter. Nor am I the best rper out there. What I am is someone who is willing to be part of an audience as well as the star player. It's all really about give and take, as with any social interaction.

RP is something of a team sport, in my opinion. If that interests you, I think you would like Feathermoon. Please say hello if you join us. =)))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/01/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Cosmology
So I have a couple of servers in mind that I want to xfer too, and Feathermoon is one of them! So how is this server? PvP, RP, raid, leveling wise? How are the people here? Nice, mean, or just w/e?

Feathermoon was always home to me and it was where I first started to learn how to RP. I suppose like any server there is drama however it was enough for me to leave , for reasons that shall remain untold.

My short time on Moon Guard has proven to be quite wonderful . The higher population of the server helps greatly for myself as it has given way to a broad variety of RP communities. All diverse both on Alliance and Horde.
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Paladin
08/06/2012 11:14 PMPosted by Oalrai

*blush*

I think we should meet up to RP! :D
Edited by Ceira on 8/7/2012 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
08/07/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Malkavet
We also have spelling and grammar !@#$s - a necessary ingredient for any text-based endeavor.

You are in a dark room. There is a light to the south from the door you just came through. The room stretches beyond your line of sight. (Careful, don't fee the Grue!)

You can go N, S, E, or W: *blink*_
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Well, this thread certainly expanded.

The other three threads the OP posted (Steamwheedle Cartel, Earthen Ring, Shu'halo) were only a few posts long.

Take a look at the Shu'halo one for extra special amusement: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6246474587
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
Well, we certainly haven't grown past insulting others' RP here, and I think that's a terrible example to set if we want to keep RP alive.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

*blush*

I think we should meet up to RP! :D

Aw shucks *pokes a toe at the ground.*

EDIT: See how easy it is to make friends here? :)
Edited by Oalrai on 8/8/2012 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]