Server transfer to Frostmourne?

85 Worgen Death Knight
I was just curious as to wether I should server transfer to Frostmourne. I recently switched servers from Shadow council to Blackhand and noticed that it wasn't much better. My plans were to be able to pug a somewhat succesfull heroic Dragon Soul. And get into a guild with an open heroic DS raiding spot and that hasn't been working out for me so I decided it was time to look for a new server. I considered Illiden just because Blood Legion was on there then I looked at the best servers instead of guilds lol then I came across Frostmourne. My first reaction to seeing that more than 55 guilds on the server had cleared heroic Dragon Soul was "O_o I want to go there" But was also curious if there were any bad parts about Frostmourne. I plan on being Alliance.
Reply Quote
88 Orc Death Knight
Wow, we were in the EXACT same position, I wanted to transfer and was deciding between Frostmourne and Illidan. I went to frostmourne though. So far so good, im not at far end game content like heroic dragon soul but it seems to have alot of guild spammers on ds and such, theyres heaps of pvp'rs and pve'rs. I am not the most experianced WoW player so my judgments may be clouded. If you do decide on coming here, we should make new characters or something and level together!

For me so far, no downfalls and I recomend Frostmourne. BUT!!!! People told me that Illidan was super fail for alliance and was like 999.99999% horde. I play horde on frostmourne and its very good, but everyone tells me alliance is better on this server!

EDIT: Hope I helped.
Edited by Merumasa on 8/4/2012 5:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i was horde and transferred to alliance for two reasons - yes, the horde is completely dead on frostmourne, and i pvp'ed a lot in the beginning of 4.3, so the racial was much better for me. I changed to alliance and there were plenty more people online, more raids etc. I'd recommend going alliance for that simple fact.
Reply Quote
88 Orc Death Knight
08/04/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Thormashock
i was horde and transferred to alliance for two reasons - yes, the horde is completely dead on frostmourne, and i pvp'ed a lot in the beginning of 4.3, so the racial was much better for me. I changed to alliance and there were plenty more people online, more raids etc. I'd recommend going alliance for that simple fact.

Is Frostmourne really dead for horde? I've been playing on it for a while and it seems pretty decent. Isn't it 60/40(ally)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The biggest issue you'll have with Frostmourne will be the queue times to login when MoP is released and for the few weeks following the release.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Druid
As the people above me have mentioned the queues are going to be insane come MoP release.

Pugging heroic Dragon Soul - You'll be lucky to get a 4/8H heroic clear with pugs. Don't get me wrong it's still possible to get a decent pug on FM but I don't think it'll be any different from other high population realms. Finding a guild that raids heroic Dragon Soul would be easy enough providing you're decently geared and know how to play and not a total scrub.

Having said that - most people are over raiding now. Those who have cleared heroic DS are not really recruiting and if they are they are just running trials for MoP

I assume you live in the Oceanic region or at least can make Oceanic raid times. That's when the majority of raiding happens. If not then I'd suggest elsewhere.

There is a thread on the Frostmourne forums for people thinking of transfering. I'd suggest looking at that. It's pretty accurate.

Hope I've been some sort of help.
Reply Quote
88 Orc Death Knight
Expect 10 hour login queues from September 25th to about November.

and Meru, it is roughly 1.3 alliance to every 1 Horde. Frostmourne has the most Horde of all Oceanic realms so I think Thorm may just have too high standards.

That's pretty good tbh, not to hard to get all the way endgame and they'res always the option to switch to alliance if I get bored.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
At Frostmourne Alliance you'll be treated to the highest quality of players.

If you're planning on raiding PUGs, be sure to be on the watch-out for exceptional progression with most players making it all the way to Warlord Zon'oz! You may also see groups requiring the minimum ilvl of 400 for a 8/8 NM, but make sure you have Savior of Azeroth!

No, in all seriousness, Frostmourne is a great server, but it's getting pretty full. It's got it's trolls and eCelebrities, but when it boils down, it's the best Oceanic server in terms of progression and PvP. People are friendly, but there are also massive A-holes.

Horde seriously suck at Tol Barad, so it's a good thing you've chosen to be alliance. Economy is somewhat rough at the moment, but it's the pre-expansion blues at the moment.

OH! And be sure to expect upwards of 10 hour waits on release, but it does die down after a few weeks.
Reply Quote
88 Orc Death Knight

If you're planning on raiding PUGs, be sure to be on the watch-out for exceptional progression with most players making it all the way to Warlord Zon'oz! You may also see groups requiring the minimum ilvl of 400 for a 8/8 NM, but make sure you have Savior of Azeroth!

No, in all seriousness, Frostmourne is a great server, but it's getting pretty full. It's got it's trolls and eCelebrities, but when it boils down, it's the best Oceanic server in terms of progression and PvP. People are friendly, but there are also massive A-holes.

Horde seriously suck at Tol Barad, so it's a good thing you've chosen to be alliance. Economy is somewhat rough at the moment, but it's the pre-expansion blues at the moment.

OH! And be sure to expect upwards of 10 hour waits on release, but it does die down after a few weeks.

I was that horde rules PvE on Frostmourne, but alliance currently have the PvP side. Is this correct?
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
I'm needing some from friends and active players on ally Fm if anyone is interested. I'm not that experienced with WoW though :/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight

I was that horde rules PvE on Frostmourne, but alliance currently have the PvP side. Is this correct?

I pvp on fm and yes the alliance seem to always out gear us in bg pugs and they do seem more organized then not. horde seem to scatter way to easy like the alliance always did when I pvped on Aman'thul
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The server is full, when MoP is released expect long queues to get in.

@Merumasa The horde side of Frostmourne has been dying since Firelands.
Edited by Filfa on 8/23/2012 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
How are the server queue on Frostmoune like nowadays, going into the new year?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Cool pointless necro bro.
Reply Quote
I've never experienced queue times in the last week or two, albeit before then I had to wait only for a few minutes tops.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]