Your application to be my guild

100 Dwarf Hunter
Dear <random guild>

Thank you for inviting me to your three month old level 2 guild.

After reviewing your website, rules and regulations, forum activity and raiding "progress", your guild was not selected for further consideration.

I appreciate the time it took for you to download your recruiting addon and have your non-officer level 42 alt spam me. I encourage you to re-invite when your guild is level 25, you can clear DS in one night, get a website and finish writing those rules and regulations.

I wish you the best of luck in filling your ranks with people that accept any old guild invitation.

Regards,
Thorli

PS, you shouldn't claim to be "a heavy RP guild" when you have a joke name.
Reply Quote
65 Human Warrior
<Valhalla> is a several year old level two guild i'll have you know.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Hunter
I do hate getting spammed with guild ads on my dwarf alt who is guildless... Gets annoying after a while to hear a guild I have no intention of joining is recruiting via auto invite addons... Makes me actually want to download the spam blocker addons... So glad you can turn off guild invites though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Shouldn't it just count as level 27 at this point?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Shouldn't it just count as level 27 at this point?

:O
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Oh it's even better to get guild invites on my auction alt.
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Priest
08/04/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Thorli
I encourage you to re-invite when your guild is level 25, you can clear DS in one night, get a website and finish writing those rules and regulations.

So I guess your level 84 hunter here is going to jump right into those DS raid spots. And yes I'm sure you'll claim to have other L33t alts for standards no less but your attitude sucks.

While spam invites to guilds can be annoying, your post is quite insulting to a lot of great guilds. Not all are progression guilds. And some of the lower ones are filled with people that are enjoy the aspect of starting from the ground level and having goals to work for.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Does...no one turn of Guild Invites anymore? Or just you know. Ignore them if they're not interested...?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
08/05/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Selynth
Does...no one turn of Guild Invites anymore? Or just you know. Ignore them if they're not interested...?
There's a slew of addons that will send a whisper to any unguilded (or otherwise) character out there. I've racked up 15 whispers with blocked invites in an hour before.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
If it ain't level 25 you ain't getting my toon in it.

The whole point of joining a guild on a levelling character is to enjoy those guild perks. Half are wasted on established characters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Personally, I have a /r macro'ed in for those guilds that use the whisper along with the random invite. It tends to go something like this:

"Thank you for your unsolicited whisper and attempted ginvite. In the future, please refrain from inviting my character to anything your guild does, as I do not accept random invites for anything from people I don't know. And as for you personally, welcome to my ignore list, as I dislike being interrupted in the middle of the things in which I was already involved."

Using that one, I haven't really had too many repeat invites, probably because word gets around that I'm overly sensitive, outright crazy, or just plain mean. Fortunately, I also don't have to worry overly much about random invites anymore, as my husband started a guild, and I plunked all of my alts into it while I research guilds I'm actually interested in getting to know.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Am I the only one who likes random guild invites?

It makes me feel like people want to interact with me.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
If it ain't level 25 you ain't getting my toon in it.

The whole point of joining a guild on a levelling character is to enjoy those guild perks. Half are wasted on established characters.

Personally I would never join a guild who didnt care who they invite. And I would never invite someone who didnt care what guild they joined.

Quality over quantity always has been the key to our success. People who are only looking for guild perks are a waste of good roster slots.

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
Being in a level 25 guild where I'm just another number and perks are valued over players just has no appeal to me.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
08/05/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Raisheal
I have a really, really strong dislike of your attitude.

I made a totally sarcastic post at him and I think it got clipped or something during the purge before too :(
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
08/05/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Vandrysse
Being in a level 25 guild where I'm just another number and perks are valued over players just has no appeal to me.
If I would otherwise be unguilded - being a nameless number in a level 25 guild with guild chat and announcements turned off is a situation I fail to see the downside of.

Also, it stops unsolicited guild invites. Sure I might have the tag "<XX dark demon angelz XX>" but I'm levelling, so I don't care.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]