Darkmoon Deathmatch, Thursday @ 9pm server

90 Goblin Priest
Hello Balnazzar-ians! Skunkworks will be hosting a server event this Thursday, August 9th. We will be having a deathmatch battle-royale at the Darkmoon Fighter Pit at the 9pm server (10EST, 7PST) chest spawn time. Now why, you ask, would I be interested in participating in such an event? The winner of the chest will be rewarded with a full 8/8H Dragon Soul run, first pick at any gear that drops, and last but not least, one of the two Life Binder's Maiden mounts that drops.

The winner of the event will be required to post a screenshot of their name IN THE THREAD ON OUR FORUMS with their chat log showing Korgol Crushskull announcing their name as the winner of the event. You will also be required to have your calendar, the time (please ensure it is on 24h mode) and bags open as shown in the example below.

i.imgur.com/wDbnu.jpg

Rules -

NONE! We don't care what you do to loot the chest. You are free to show up in a group if you so choose BUT we will only be taking one person with us. The winner will be allowed to pick any character they choose to run Dragon Soul and may also give the run to any Horde character they would like, including alts or friends. Alliance players are also welcome to fight, but please be aware that the offer for the mount is for HORDE players only. This means Alliance players are more than welcome to transfer to Horde, or can give it to Horde alts/friends! The winner of the event will accompany us on our regular Dragon Soul run on Tuesday, August 14 at 9pm server time (10EST, 7PST).

Again:
Date? This Thursday August 9th, 2012
Time? At the 9pm server time chest spawn
Where? At the Darkmoon Fighter Pit
Who? Horde players only, Alliance are free to participate BUT the prize is for a Horde character only.
Why? For fun! Oh, and 8/8H Dragon Soul with title/mount/loot!

If you have any questions please feel free to PM myself or any one of the other officers in game or make a post within the thread on our forums

skunkworksguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7121
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
I approve of this message.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Should i bring little naf!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I SEE MIZZU! :D
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Alliance,

Skunkworks and Manevra have kindly cooperated in sorting out the mishap at the end of our victory. This means that we did in fact win, and you are all entitled to a cut of the gold pot. :)

I have all of your names recorded, however if I haven't been able to contact you by tomorrow night I will stop trying to find you. Feel free to whisper me at any point in the future for your share of the prize.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You didn't win anything but a bribe. You're terrible. ROFL.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Someones mad. Clearly high ratings or top end pve gear couldnt stop that wombo combo. Good Job Alliance!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
By high ratings you must mean me, and considering I only had 3 other people in my group, we weren't really planning on winning. Oluf assembled a bunch of sheep to collect his mount but some random alliance mage managed to grab the chest from them. Outraged by this, he immediately bribed the guy and apparently cried to Skunkworks until he was the "winner". Nothing more than expected from some dead realm baddie with tons of gold. A shame he can't use his time slaving over wow to do something himself.

Oh and hi Kam! Over on Illidan we're trying to clean up some of the scum that have been exploiting RBGs this season, so if you don't mind, could you help by reporting your guildy? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Elevate/simple 17-8 w/ 2549
Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
08/10/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Nafhxc
Someones mad. Clearly high ratings or top end pve gear couldnt stop that wombo combo. Good Job Alliance!!

Of course they're going to win with a 40 person alliance, that completely went against the spirit of the competition.

He bribed 38 people when he could have just bought a mount run and given a fair chance to everyone on the realm that wanted a shot at the mount, a shot at it, instead he had to be a !@#$ for whatever reason and screwed over his own faction on top of the horde so his e-girlfriend could get a horrible mount that he already bought for himself.

Seriously, if you were bribing people to help you and your e-girlfriend win Oluf, why didn't you just buy a mount run?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Apparently you guys didnt read the rules!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
You dont know how the game works! Lies, Deception, anything to get ahead!

Oluf, liar deciever? Or criminal mastermind!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Naf, troll or just stupid.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
08/10/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Nafhxc

^^^

I couldn't make it to the event, but I'm pretty sure these were exactly the kind of shenanigans we were hoping for.

Anything to make the wait for MoP less dismal.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
08/10/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Morbid

someone has to take the reigns now that cptn is gone :(
Edited by Nafhxc on 8/10/2012 11:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
08/10/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Aluro

^^^

I couldn't make it to the event, but I'm pretty sure these were exactly the kind of shenanigans we were hoping for.

Anything to make the wait for MoP less dismal.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think it's hilarious. I just.... don't get the point in what he did.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Wow, I had no idea just how successful our raid was until I read this thread.

The mount was going to be auctioned among the participating alliance players starting at 25,000. Quite a few people who joined late and left following the ninja or who refrained from using vent were unaware of this, but the majority were informed and only one person with a horde 85 expressed an interest. Due to an individual in Spire's trade chat trolling it became impractical to put off payment until the group could be reassembled and a formal auction conducted, so I sold it to the lone bidder. At the time of the event I had restricted looting of the chest to myself and that initial bidder, who was a guild member I trust, in order to avoid any mistakes in the rather strict rules for submitting proof of victory.

My only disappointment was that the ninja turned out to be an accident. I initially thought that Spire had collectively pulled one over on us and was delighted.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I'm someone's e-girlfiend? Fancy.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
What are you doing out of my kitchen? Get back there.
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Death Knight
08/10/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Nafhxc

someone has to take the reigns now that cptn is gone :(

Really? Take the reiGns? I resubbed just to tell you I hate you.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
i guess i used the wrong word. i miss you buddy :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]