Tattoos and Piercings

90 Blood Elf Warlock
First things first. There really isn't a forum for this particular topic. So apologies if it doesn't fit.

And I'm making this forum for 2 reasons:

1: Briefly talking about tattoos on another forum
2: Seeing some peoples reactions to a forum where a guy was asking about ear gauging.

I figured a forum to talk about both piercings and tattoos would be nice. Since some people still treat them as a taboo. I mean if you don't like them then that's fine but even on videos I see bad responses if the person just happens to have a face piercing or tattoo. Wanted to try and make something positive.

I only have one piercing myself. I used to have my ears pierced when I was younger. However they got infected. So I've been nervous about getting them redone ever since. It was that gross. It was my moms idea actually for me to get my belly button pierced. I think she was trying to boost my self esteem. This was around when I was still in my teens.

More of a tattoo girl myself. I get them for lots of reasons. The art work is pretty. They tend to be a stress relief after I get them. ( My guess is since your body is reacting to you basically having a large colorful wound ) And again, self esteem issues. Sure I get tattoos for me. But my day gets a little better if someone compliments my tattoos when I'm out in public.

http://chibilombax.deviantart.com/gallery/25993430
These are all mine except the Stitch tattoo, that one is my mom.

I wouldn't mind getting a piercing later in life though. What is it called where you get that spot between your eyes pierced? The bridge? It's that spot at the top of your nose. I think those look cute. I would have my nose and lip pierced but I'm keeping a promise to my mom that I wouldn't get those til I was out of college. GED testing and all that.

I have no real interest in ear gauging myself but I think it's cool that people are that confident enough to go "Yup I want this." I envy that amount of self confidence.

How about you guys? Anybody else here have ink and/or piercings? Interesting stories with them?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I actually really like those on you. Good work and well placed.

Big tat fan myself. I don't see the fascination with gauging though. Work with a guy who has massive lobes and a just like a big hole. It just looks wrong on a pasty white kid.

I'll get some pics up once I get the work finished (I hate unfinished work but I'm doing it sitting by sitting as I get paid.) I started with a few eye balls on my arms (akin to Cho'gall) and have been in the slow process of sleeving my arms all the way from the collar with black and purple tendrils doing a full sleeve on the right arm (plan on going to the finger tips) and half sleeving my left arm. Sort of a "not fully corrupted" vibe going. Massive Lovecraft fan :)

Oh, love the Rammstein and Emigrate tats.
Edited by Bullettime on 8/5/2012 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
No piercings (I don't want any, I'd tug on them.)

& actually just got my first tattoo this past Friday.

My beloved dog passed away in December, & I finally got the tattoo I planned to get since I was 17.

It's a tracing of her paw print, done right over my heart.

It even shows how her paw was when it was pressed to the paper, making it much more unique than just a generic paw print.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/killercaitie/Photoon2012-08-04at0213.jpg

I am very proud of this tattoo, & I'm really shocked at how little it hurt.

I had friends tell me it was so painful to get one done... This was nothing!
Reply Quote
I'm a big fan of tattoos and piercings, but I come from a very conservative family and have only recently started out on my own. I'm still trying to get over that fear of rejection... I know they won't, but I just can't shake the feeling.

For now I'm sticking with the 'easier to hide' sort of piercings. I've got an industrial in my left ear, and just two weeks ago got my belly button done.

Would also really like to have more ear piercings. I love the multiple hoops up the side of the cartilage when it's done right. No overkill.

Still working up the courage to get my nose done. You know, the center ring :3 Looks so pretty!

I'd eventually LOVE to get a tattoo, my only concern is getting one and later on hating it. I have a few ideas as to what I'd want, but I'm still waiting until I know for sure.

And Bullettime, those Cho'gall eyes sound amazing!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
@Treehugs

You can always start with something small and easy to hide. Or something that could be covered up later on. First tat was the NIN logo on my left wrist for example. Something that can be covered by a shirt or easily concealed by tat cover up. Also gets you an idea for what it feels like without committing to something big. Know a lot of people who go in for their first tat and go a little overkill off the bat, not realizing what they're in for, then not able to finish a sitting.

And yeah, the eyes and the tendrils have been fun so far since it apparently makes me "even more intimidating." Fun when you work a second job part time at Wal-Mart and people look at you like WTF?

@Killercaitie

Sometimes the simplest tats are the most meaningful and stand out the most. That's actually a really cool idea.
Edited by Bullettime on 8/6/2012 12:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
My body is a temple.
Edited by Orcalyps on 8/6/2012 12:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/05/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Treehugs
I'd eventually LOVE to get a tattoo, my only concern is getting one and later on hating it. I have a few ideas as to what I'd want, but I'm still waiting until I know for sure.

Plan the one you want, & wait months, or even a year or more.

If you still want it, go for it.

I planned to get Pepper's paw print since I was about 17. I'm now 21 & just got it.

If you're really not sure, get something meaningful from your life, or from your childhood.

08/06/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Bullettime
Sometimes the simplest tats are the most meaningful and stand out the most. That's actually a really cool idea.

/nod

Also, Rosen; I love all of your tats...

You have so many of my favorite things tatt'd, you don't mind being kidnapped, do you? :P

Also tell your mom that the internet loves her tat as well.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Not really.
Edited by Orcalyps on 8/6/2012 12:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/05/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Bullettime
I actually really like those on you. Good work and well placed.

Thank you very much

08/05/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Bullettime
Oh, love the Rammstein and Emigrate tats.

But that made me do a happy squee sound in my chair. No one ever knows what the heck the Emigrate one is. I might recolor that one, the artist was going for a more metal look rather then straight up silver like the album cover. When in doubt just go over it in black.

My beloved dog passed away in December, & I finally got the tattoo I planned to get since I was 17.

My mom got a tattoo for our poodle who passed away. And for the foot prints my mom also has a tattoo of my baby feet printings. They had to make them a little bigger to show up as a tattoo since I was a very small baby.

Plan the one you want, & wait months, or even a year or more.

Pretty much this too. The Alien and Predator ones I wanted since High School. Only I still waited just to make sure. Since they take up a large part of my tiny back.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Feel ya there Rosen. Have the VNV Nation torch on the back of my neck. Met maybe 3 people who know what it is....Love it myself but it is always nice when someone's like "oh!" Granted, not many people see it period when you're 6'6.....

Plan on gettin anymore done?
Edited by Bullettime on 8/6/2012 12:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Why won't anyone talk to me? I was on topic. Vaguely.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/06/2012 12:32 AMPosted by Bullettime
Plan on gettin anymore done?

Oh eventually. I just have no idea. My tattoo itch is currently very sated. And I take long breaks between each tattoo.

Also *Cough* currently unemployed. Have to ask mom for help paying for them *cough*

My latest one, the pikachu tower was just something I found around a year ago. However I lost the link to the picture before I could save it. And I only just found it again on deviantart.

I swear that itch to get a tattoo is brutal when you don't even know what you want.

Well. I have an idea. But I'll have to wait awhile. I saw this drawing of one of the characters from My Little Pony. But they were darker. Eyes were missing and cut up. Part of me is going "Okay this is silly and fandom related WAY too soon. A tattoo would be pointless." the other side is going "BUT ITS SCARY LOOKING!" I figured it would go nice opposite my evil cat.

But I really don't want to scare any small children if I just so happen to be at a pool. I can't stand one piece suits. So currently I am fresh out of ideas. If my Rammstein logo was facing the other way ( i had it right side up for me on purpose. ) I would add a rose to it since Rosenrot is my favorite song of theirs. However as you saw in the picture I don't have a lot of room on my wrist. Or my arms in general. YAY premature births!

Perhaps a Pumpkinhead tattoo. Not sure how that would work. Or maybe Pyramidhead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/06/2012 12:25 AMPosted by Rosenivy
My mom got a tattoo for our poodle who passed away. And for the foot prints my mom also has a tattoo of my baby feet printings. They had to make them a little bigger to show up as a tattoo since I was a very small baby.

D'awwwww. :D

Yeah Pep's paw is about 2x1.5 inches I'd say something like that.

I was thinking of having her initial added in the middle, but it'd be too small, so I'm just having the paw as is.

Though of having it full colour, but I'm just keeping the outline.

As soon as I had it done people harped at me about future employers not being as comfortable with it as my current one is.

But really, if you disagree with me having a memorial of who I consider my child, I probably won't wanna work for a heartless creep like you anyway!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
"But really, if you disagree with me having a memorial of who I consider my child, I probably won't wanna work for a heartless creep like you anyway!"

I didn't! I don't even employ people!

Don't hit me!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
"But really, if you disagree with me having a memorial of who I consider my child, I probably won't wanna work for a heartless creep like you anyway!"

Don't hit me!

Imma Shadowbolt you so hard that you stay Shadowbolted! >:l
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Don't hit me!

Imma Shadowbolt you so hard that you stay Shadowbolted! >:l

Awwww! You know just how to make a G.I.R.L tear up and smile!

And on that note, I can sleep. TY.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am a big fan of both tats and piercings! I currently on have my ears pierced and they will probably never be removed since they were my first ones waaay back in like 7th grade. lol

Piercing wise I have had eyebrow, ears, labret, industrial, and a jacobs ladder. All have been removed minus ears for mostly just growing up becoming more "professional" with my career. And honestly I dont miss em.

Tattoos that i have are a panther on my chest, a tiger on my right arm, Dragon wings on my back, and my left arm is being sleeved in all Batman villians, current state shows gotham in flames with the bat signal flying at top of my shoulder and fore ground proceeds with the Joker and Harley Quinn, while Two-face is on the inside of my arm, Catwoman below Joker and Harley above elbow, underneath her is Mr. Freeze, wrapping around to the bend in my arm where The riddler resides... Leaving room for Killer Croc, Bane, and possibly Penguin or Poison Ivy where I can fit them in.

As a Artist myself, I always take pride in my artwork as it took forever for me to find a artist with the style I liked for my tats. And I always enjoy looking at others tattoo artwork and the reasons behind having them. Seems much more personal than just a ring or barbell hanging there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]