Fury vs Arms

90 Draenei Shaman
have a 71 warrior and he is currently arms, however i am curious as to how fury compares. which ones better at dps/lvling
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I just got the 2h for my Fury spec and let me tell you, stick to Arms. You'll get blown out of the water with Fury at 85.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
no offense my friend your not even geared enough to be saying anything yet. All specs can be mastered if you give it time. looks like you had not given fury any time.

Admondon its all about what you like, if you like the arms rotation then take it. if you like fury then take it. there both really good!
Edited by Malychlap on 8/1/2012 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
08/01/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Malychlap
no offense my friend your not even geared enough to be saying anything yet. All specs can be mastered if you give it time. looks like you had not given fury any time.
Well, you're right. I'm not geared enough. I've only been playing a few months.

Anyways. Just listen to Malychlap.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Idk why everyone says that Arms is the best spec, however both of them are good but i like fury better than arms because u can dual wield 2handers, looks preety cool.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
thanks for everyones input!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
People say arms is awesome because of bladestorm, throwdown and overpower.

Add that on to any tranq effect locking out your ability to use raging blow/enraged regen and you have LESS of a disadvantage as arms in a fight than fury.

However, if you aren't fighting a class/team that can get rid of your enrage, reck+raging blow is a freaking house. It's just that the most popular classes for arenas (rogues, hunters) can get rid of your enrage pretty damn fast.

There is that other concern about how it takes TWO weapons to fuel fury as well. But if you can get one weapon, you can get two.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Yeah I believe firmly I'm going to reach 1600+ in 2v2. I have a good plan set pretty much for every class because of my disadvantage as fury. I have to give full credit to my pally who is going to do this with me. Fury/hpally is a awesome awesome combo. Plus you need the gurth sword available for the ranged .
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Arms. End of story. Look up any high end warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I face roll with Fury and will continue to do so also we get bladestorm in MOP..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
People say Arms "kills Fury", but every arms warrior I've seen hasn't matched to me yet Pve Or Pvp. I say you stick to fury and learn your rotation and you will be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
08/14/2012 04:38 AMPosted by Beastwarman
People say Arms "kills Fury", but every arms warrior I've seen hasn't matched to me yet Pve Or Pvp. I say you stick to fury and learn your rotation and you will be fine.

I can see your PvE and PvP experience is extensive and you've met a lot of quality warriors.

/sarcasm

You're not even gemming, reforging or speccing properly, and you haven't set foot in a current content raid.

You are 0/2 for Intensify Rage as fury, your opinion on warriors thus have no merit at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also currently as it stands arms is much further along then fury in the leveling, pve and pvp dps departments sure you can do ok as fury if you have half a brain and are fighting against players with no resilience in random BGs, but still stick with arms until fury gets their much deserved utility/damage buff in both PvE and PvP come MoP.
Edited by Greìl on 8/14/2012 5:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Here's how I see it:

I don't care if Arms out performs me right now.
I don't care if it's supposed to be "The" spec. to choose.

What I do care about is that I have fun with this warrior.
And that fun comes from being Fury.

And MoP is on the horizon, and it looks to be leveling the playing field between the two.
(This comes not only from looking at the abilities online, but also beta, and friends input as well)

EDIT: The moral of that is: play what you like.
Edited by Leosa on 8/14/2012 6:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I think I'm gemmed perfectly . I have to agree with beastwarman on the pvp side. On the pve side I'm not geared yet to compete with arms (ilvl 396)
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
08/14/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Malychlap
I think I'm gemmed perfectly . I have to agree with beastwarman on the pvp side. On the pve side I'm not geared yet to compete with arms (ilvl 396)

Why are you gemming mastery? Strength is always better.
Edited by Chansey on 8/14/2012 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Arms as far as I know has the highest DPS of our class currently. I know in current content Fury seems to win out on Spine because of the burst and I think there is another.

As someone said play what you want. Its the end of the xpac and Fury is alot better in MOP so unless you got a new guild and your progressing( and even then Fury might be ok because of 30% buff) and no one is geared then Arms will prolly net you the best.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]