Top Tank In MoP?

85 Night Elf Warrior
Thats all preplanning, though. I can map out cooldowns for any tank class on that encounter in 2 minutes or less.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I've never had an issue switch-hitting between classes. I don't want to call myself good, because I know there are better players than me, but at the same time.. with how basic encounter mechanics are, especially this tier, I don't see how it can be anything but a PEBKAC.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/08/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Dellingr
I've never had an issue switch-hitting between classes. I don't want to call myself good, because I know there are better players than me, but at the same time.. with how basic encounter mechanics are, especially this tier, I don't see how it can be anything but a PEBKAC.

My opinions exactly - in fact, learning multiple classes should help a person at their own class, and it comes in handy when their class get some kind of major revamp that's happened to basically everyone except Warriors and Rogues at this point.
Edited by Slashlove on 8/8/2012 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/07/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Freese
"The best tank is always whatever is in the hands of the best player." We cruised through Heroic DS prenerf without a DK because my other tank and I work together as a team and always push each other to become better players.

Not having done heroic DS I can't really comment on that, but play skill certainly could not even come close to overcoming the gap between DKs and everyone else in patch 3.0 and 3.1, and Paladins and everyone else in Patch 3.2. Especially 3.0, where DKs took less than half the damage the other tanks did.

Paladins are looking fairly ridiculous come MoP. The change to SHoR allowing additional uses to simply add three seconds to the duration leads to some fairly overpowered scenarios. For example, with just a bit of haste, you can get 5 Crusader Strikes and 3 Judgments into a Holy Avenger duration. With Grand Crusader, that lets you get about 30 seconds of CONTINUOUS SHoR uptime, which is like 70% reduction with the new 4-pc T14 bonus. 30 seconds of 70% damage reduction from a talent.
Edited by Tarmaniel on 8/8/2012 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I though this would be obvious by now. But whenever a new class is introduced, blizzard make it massive overpowered, ON PURPOSE to populate the new class. Until that class gets close to the numbers of people played by other classes it stays overpowered.

They don't care about raid balance. Or class balance. As much as they go on about it in long winded overly elaborate posts. Just 'getting all classes close to equally populated as possible as soon as possible' for no apparent reason. Instead of letting natural population take place over months.

Paladins will be a close second. Unless they fix the set bonus/talent synergy.
Edited by Matayas on 8/9/2012 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
New classes are overpowered, but I think that that might only be because they usually bring several brand-new mechanics to the table, mechanics which Blizzard seems to have absolutely no idea how to balance against the rest of the game.

Let's not forget that we're working with a sample size of 2 right now. Your guess is as good as mine. Well, maybe slightly worse.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
because we ran into a situation in Heroic Firelands where only prot paladins could tank Majordomo for a while. We had to stall progression because we didn't have a prot paladin.

Was that on 25 man or something? Because we had no problem when I wasn't there having the druid MT Majordomo.

Also, while we didn't 'bench' our blood tank for a warrior and they didn't want me to play my warrior (lol 378 gear) we did have our DPS warrior (who played a shadow priest long enough to get a legendary) got tank and brought in my rogue, until we got the 25% buff. So my rogue had up to spine killed on heroic.

It's generally pretty simple to switch from one toon to another, though I have to admit that destro warlock has totally befuddled me, but that said, I don't generally care enough to actually go and do the research to find out the proper rotation.

I have all the tank classes at 85, I plan on leveling a tanking monk. But I feel like the monk is going to go with the DK, it's a complicated class but you can get by for 5 mans and LFR with just knowing the basics.
And then when it was the 2 of us together (warrior/paladin tank) it was decided that the warrior was 'just better' at the bloods, and keeping them/kiting them. So our kill last week (shameless plug, check out 'animosity Heroic Spine' on youtube to see my bad playing) was him on the bloods and me on the big guys.
Reply Quote
64 Draenei Death Knight
08/09/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Plethora
Was that on 25 man or something? Because we had no problem when I wasn't there having the druid MT Majordomo.

We tried the paladin tank on 25 and since our paladin tank was a ret going OS and wasnt as experienced, we found it more annoying than using a warrior.
Edited by Runtime on 8/9/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
The AD-cheese was fixed fairly quickly. There was really no particular reason to use a paladin over any other class at that point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]