Best DPS pet

54 Goblin Hunter
Just wondering what the best DPS pet is around my level? as the two i have atm seem to suck.

Whats the best for around about 40?

Whats the best for around 60?

Whats the best for 80+?

Thanks in advance :).
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
Sporebat....

Here is the a video of it in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvvNGeHHME
Reply Quote
54 Goblin Hunter
How do i get it?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
08/05/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Stephensgirl
How do i get it?
Noori is geting your goat Stephensgirl, it's a joke amongst the hunters on these forums.

Pets are no longer considered just "the best" for DPS, which was the whole joke of the youtube vid she linked. Ferocity pets will usually bring you the most DPS, however you should be basing it off what buffs your group needs.

For solo play, Cats are the best followed by Wolves (I think it's wolves?), and then the ravanger.

Anyone have the link to the pet order list by chance? It clears things up really easily.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Solo play anything with agi buff and that is ferocity will give best dips gain.
Edited by Sluaghadhân on 8/5/2012 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
If no agi/str buff, cat. But! 5.0 is fast approaching, get a hyena and stick it in your stable. After the patch, it will become the strongest pet buff. Probably. I haven't crunched any numbers, but I have a hard time believing str/agi will be stronger than 10 pct haste.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
08/05/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Stalkings
If no agi/str buff, cat. But! 5.0 is fast approaching, get a hyena and stick it in your stable. After the patch, it will become the strongest pet buff. Probably. I haven't crunched any numbers, but I have a hard time believing str/agi will be stronger than 10 pct haste.

Haste is a strange thing, might need to test it, with current haste numbers atm the agiis better, but MOP.....who knows.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
08/05/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Sluaghadhân
with current haste numbers atm the agiis better, but MOP.....who knows.

Well, all your stats drop sharply the moment you begin levelling, so I found myself in dire need of haste to keep firing off steadies and aimed shots. As the OP is leveling as well, I figured the advice was well placed. It is irrelevant in any event, since the str/agil buff is going away, a fact which I had managed to forget when I made the last post. Cats are getting the mastery buff.
Reply Quote
54 Goblin Hunter
Well i level up using dungeons so just need something thats good for dungeons/instances :).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/file.php?mode=view&id=4688

Note that this will change in MOP. Here's the CURRENT MOP buffs. Note that this is from beta and subject to change.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1100#buffs-stats
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
by default , you cant go wrong with cats, theyre a go to pet, in dps. get the appropiate pet talents and youre golden
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
At your level and with dungeon grinding id recommend with a wolf for the crit buff or a cat for the agi buff. Both are great pets.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Wolf all the way. 5% crit buff is way more of a dps boost to you and your pet than anything out there.

And will help your groups dps a bunch as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Wolf all the way. 5% crit buff is way more of a dps boost to you and your pet than anything out there.

And will help your groups dps a bunch as well.

Just hush and go over in a corner somewhere. Wolf is not always the best pet for the job.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I agree with the str/ag buff of the cat for levelling in dungeons.

For questing / soloing, I'd suggest a spider. DPS may be slightly down, but as you are Marks, it will help having the target stuck in place while you do your worst to them.

I levelled as BM, and had a Silithid for soloing, and it made life so much easier, as it can web the target from range, but also had the extra stam bonus.

And if you are not going to do PvP, then I'd say stick with the cat for max DPS in dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Look, if you want a good pet go to Northern Barrens and get Humar. Its a rare, but its like level 20 and people dont even look for it anymore; you do not need Beast Mastery spec. to capture this specific pet.

Edit: Wtf? Solo is wolves? Are u kidding? Get a monkey or turtle which is tenancity. Has the most Hp and is a suitable tank. If hunter pets could be tanks (which they can't anymore) tenancity would be the one to solo with :D
Edited by Edall on 8/6/2012 8:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
08/06/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Edall
Get a monkey or turtle which is tenancity. Has the most Hp and is a suitable tank

Only problem is for levelling, tank pets don't hold aggro well, especially as Marks when he opens up on the target. I thought for levelling it may be best to keep the target at distance. Monkey / turtle / bear would probably be better at 80+, when the pets can actually hold some aggro (well at least to some extent anyhow).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]