Resto Shaman Changes in MoP

85 Draenei Shaman
Hi everyone!

I've been working pretty hard on compiling a comprehensive look at the changes that MoP will be bringing to Resto Shamans, and thought I should finally share some of that information with the rest of the community. So, my ridiculously thorough evaluation of everything that will change in MoP can be found here:

http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/whats-new-in-mop/mop-preview-shaman-changes/

While my website itself is nowhere near done, the Shaman portion is pretty much set, and I'll keep updating it as new builds bring changes and bug fixes.

I'm open to any and all feedback, preferably of the constructive sort, but I'd love to know what you think I've missed/what I'm misguided about/what has helped you personally! Leave a comment here, or on the blog, or contact me on Beta realms (Dayani@Lost Isles) if there's anything at all I can do to make the site more informative for you :)

Cheers,
Dedralie
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Nerd.

But seriously, your work is amazing.

Anyone looking for a Mists healing primer for Shaman or Druid, Dayani's blog is a great site to check out. The rest of the healing classes are on their way, right? ;)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This is awesome, thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't know if you were looking for feedback on your spreadsheet, but have you tried the formula (912+0.083*X)*1.25*Y; X being Spellpower, Y being number of ticks for ELW's tooltip healing?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
08/26/2012 02:23 AMPosted by Ashunera
The rest of the healing classes are on their way, right? ;)

Yes, I actually wrote some stuff about Priests just last night even! But I don't think the whole guide will be ready before 5.0.4. :-(

08/26/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Aurinaux
I don't know if you were looking for feedback on your spreadsheet, but have you tried the formula (912+0.083*X)*1.25*Y; X being Spellpower, Y being number of ticks for ELW's tooltip healing?

Hey Aurinaux, hi again :) Much to my shame I didn't learn how to read Wowhead's tooltips for HoTs until I got to my Druid spreadsheet, lol. The equation I'm using for ELW healing now is identical in value but rather ... indirectly derived. Next time I update the spreadsheet, I'll whack that in instead of my roundabout equation, just so it's clearer and people can see the healing of each tick more directly. Thanks :)

-- The Shaman formerly known as Dedralie ^.^
Edited by Dayani on 8/26/2012 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I'm surprised more people aren't in here praising you for your awesomeness. I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into your guide for the new changes to Restoration. I found the entire overview extremely informative and it's definitely assuaged any fears I had for today's patch, not to mention when I have to raid later in the week! Thank you so much for sharing with the rest of us and I am definitely looking forward to more healing guides from you.

As for anything you've missed, I was hoping you'd have suggestions on our general stat priority since things have been changed up.

Edit: Found that you posted stats in here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413132920
Wheee!
Edited by Parista on 8/28/2012 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
luv u
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Just a bump for:
  • One week left until MoP comes out!
  • My Resto Shaman spreadsheet now includes Crit and Haste scaling for our Healing Totems, since that is finally working properly.
  • Added Unleash Life/Healing Rain's interaction into my HPM/HPET evaluations.

-- The Shaman Formerly Known as Dedralie ^.^
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Just a bump for:
  • One week left until MoP comes out!
  • My Resto Shaman spreadsheet now includes Crit and Haste scaling for our Healing Totems, since that is finally working properly.
  • Added Unleash Life/Healing Rain's interaction into my HPM/HPET evaluations.

-- The Shaman Formerly Known as Dedralie ^.^

This'll help me out when I officially start writing out my MoP version of my Pocketguide to healing. Already started it a little:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6521153513

Other folks input would be nice by the way.
Edited by Jujubiju on 9/19/2012 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I have to say thank you. I have been using an orc shaman since vanilla wow and its been super fun. We might not have windfury crit like we did back then but blizzard has made us one of the best healing pvp / raid classes in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]