Thinking of transferring to Arthas

85 Goblin Rogue
Hey whats good people! Been trying to look for another server where me and a couple of friends of mine can actually get in some active PvP guilds and enjoy some nice RBGs and stuff. Only two servers we thinking about is Bleeding Hollow and Arthas. So just wanted to know how often does Horde side win Tol Borad? And how is the economy and maturity level in Arthas? Any info would be appreaciated. And thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Certainly, that depends on the blue or red team. The latter is far more active here, and I'm finding Tol Barad a tricky affair to win Alliance-side. (We have this odd quirk lately about trying to defend the one non-capped fort; a very Custer approach!)

The maturity level is, I would presume, as high (or low) as one would find on any other PvP server.

That said, it's my home. I love it here, and I'd recommend it, regardless of what side you guys decide to play for. (Ours.)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Well we were planning on being on the Horde side. But there might be a time where we would like to make ally toons.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Economy is much better than my old realm, so I'd consider it pretty good. The population is always high and even with the end of expansion quitting there's still plenty going on, as evidenced by Trade Chat.

Horde is way dominant over Alliance last I looked, evidenced by http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/arthas

3:1ish
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
One thing to note, although more of a battlegroup issue (Ruin), Horde on Arthas get CRUSHED in a majority of pug BGs.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
08/06/2012 12:38 AMPosted by Xdega
One thing to note, although more of a battlegroup issue (Ruin), Horde on Arthas get CRUSHED in a majority of pug BGs.

BGs or RBGs? I don't have a losing problem, although I don't pvp extensively.

(My W/L ratio is mostly from my old realm >_>)
Edited by Záne on 8/6/2012 1:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
The former, Zane. Although, I'd call 'CRUSHED' more of a 50:50 split, which compared to the Horde dominance in most all other facets of PvP, can feel awful. It's a grass-greener scenario, truthfully; either way, I think you'll find the server a nice destination.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Thanks for the info you two. Making the decision a lot easier. Leaning more towards Arthas now. I really appreciate the info.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If you do decide to join Arthas, welcome aboard, and please don't kill me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
08/06/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Whiteleaf
The former, Zane. Although, I'd call 'CRUSHED' more of a 50:50 split, which compared to the Horde dominance in most all other facets of PvP, can feel awful. It's a grass-greener scenario, truthfully; either way, I think you'll find the server a nice destination.

Ah, yea, I came from Alliance on another realm where we generally got "CRUSHED" lol, so being here feels decent to me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/06/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Whiteleaf

I think I just get stuck in the majority of losing matches. It feels more like 75% loss rate to me. And by crushed, I mean when we lose we get our asses royally kicked. Often times, the Alliance will prolong the matches just to farm Honor.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
In my experience, I try to win one Battleground a day for the 100 Conquest points. I find it's kind of tricky.. and often takes me 3-5 queues to do so, unless I'm fortunate enough to get an IoC (which seems to be a coin flip).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/06/2012 04:55 AMPosted by Otomsk
Thanks for the info you two. Making the decision a lot easier. Leaning more towards Arthas now. I really appreciate the info.

I am not 100% sure what you are looking for in a potential guild on Arthas.
Are you looking for an already established "PvP Guild" ? I can't think of any such guilds on Arthas Horde atm.

however...
If you and your friends are interested, Knights of Shadow are going to be pushing a lot of small group content (including PvP) this upcoming expansion in a semi-casual setup.

Although we are not a PvP guild per-se, we have a couple of members that are heavy BG addicts. One of which has "The Conqueror" on I believe 3 toons, but doesn't have the time to lead a team really (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Chomi/achievement#95).
Chomi has also already stated that he wants to focus on PvP vs PvE in MoP.

I would certainly be open to someone joining us and helping set up and lead a solid RBG group for MoP.

If You are interested, feel free to hop over to our guild forums and introduce yourselves:
http://knightsofshadow.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3610

Best of luck in whatever guild you find/choose.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Server needs more Horde like Chinese Olympic swimmers need more amphetamines.

08/06/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Whiteleaf
In my experience, I try to win one Battleground a day for the 100 Conquest points. I find it's kind of tricky.. and often takes me 3-5 queues to do so, unless I'm fortunate enough to get an IoC (which seems to be a coin flip).

For me on my PVP alts it really depends on what BG it is, and whether we get a premade (guaranteed loss). IoC and AV are about 90% wins. SotA is 50% (mostly dependant on how many frost mages we/they have). Twin Peaks for whatever reason is easier for Alliance to win than WSG, and EOTS/Gilneas/AB are almost always a loss.

I also tend to find that Horde are on average better geared, probably because of the longer queue times there necessitating mostly-geared players to be in the system longer to grind out their daily conquest points.
Edited by Farabee on 8/7/2012 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
...I also tend to find that Horde are on average better geared...

That's ironic. I have those same perceptions about the Alliance. My rationale is that they seem to win a lot (especially AV), thus more currency to purchase items.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
i feel like someone actually compiled all of the data across servers relating to unrated BG's. their results showed almost 50/50 win % for every BG except for AV.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I suspect, across all Battlegroups, and all time, yes. There's a heavy regression to the mean with a sample size that large, especially when it includes all the pre-race-change statistics.

It's hard not to imagine that scale has slightly tipped since. Talent flows to talent. Additionally, time plays a key variable. The Horde that queue at 4pm are NOT the same Horde that queue at 10pm.

That said, WoW is in dire need of some sabremetrics. We need a Billy Beane.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]