Wow Movie?

68 Draenei Hunter
Okay so Ive been playing WOW for a little while now, and I recently heard that there was to be a World of Warcraft movie. I researched some, and the idea still seems to be just that: an idea. I've read that it has been an idea for about six years now. I also read that Sam Raimi was going to direct it, then chose a different movie to direct so they had to find someone else. But I haven't been able to find a valid source for accurate information. Does anyone know any details about this?
I would love to see a Wow movie =)
Reply Quote
27 Tauren Paladin
The movie will indeed

SUCK!
Reply Quote
68 Draenei Hunter
The movie will indeed

SUCK!

Maybe it will, maybe it wont..
But I think that I would like to see what it could turn out to be :)
Reply Quote
27 Tauren Paladin
The movie will indeed

SUCK!

most movies based on video games tend to flop

i DEARLY HOPE blizzy can make the wow movie a success.
if not then countless ppl irl will mock us until the last xpac of wow.(Twisting Nether)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The movie will indeed

SUCK!

Raimi was set to direct the movie, and they had a script written by the point he came on. He wanted a rewrite...then he took on other projects. At first Raimi seemed enthused about the movie, he leveled a shaman to like 60 I think. The project fell by the wayside after he took on Oz and some other movies.

Blizz is looking for another writer now, so at least the concept isn't completely dead. They do need to move fast if they want to capitalize on the franchise before titan comes out.
Reply Quote
68 Draenei Hunter
Raimi was set to direct the movie, and they had a script written by the point he came on. He wanted a rewrite...then he took on other projects. At first Raimi seemed enthused about the movie, he leveled a shaman to like 60 I think. The project fell by the wayside after he took on Oz and some other movies.

Blizz is looking for another writer now, so at least the concept isn't completely dead. They do need to move fast if they want to capitalize on the franchise before titan comes out.

Thanks for answering my question =)
I agree that they need to get a move on though. BTW: What is Titan?
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Priest
08/09/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Viradette
BTW: What is Titan?

Another game that Blizzard is working on. They're keeping the details pretty secret, so not much is known about it.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
Its gonna suck if its not based on Warcraft 3 REing of Chaos (best warcraft era yet)
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
08/09/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Doll
BTW: What is Titan?

Another game that Blizzard is working on. They're keeping the details pretty secret, so not much is known about it.
from what uve herd its practically if MK and elder scrolls had a baby and was published by blizzard (charecters from Diablo, Starcraft, and wow battling it out)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I read they want to change the lore like .....Wrynn having twin brother. I also read they hired Charles Leavitt to help with the screen play and it's going to be told from Alliance point of view which is understandable seeing as it's easier to cast a human we don't have very many Taurens walking around...that said I feel it should be just like their Intro movies then its harder to mess up by disappointing fans by not being able to keep things awesome....just saying:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]