Decent Guild Blues

2 Draenei Warrior
Heya, I've been playing this realm since mid Wrath when I began. I have played both sides equally and have played with some awesome helpful groups. lately however I'm finding some guilds down right use you for whatever they need and dont adequately repay you for services rendered ..I mean really! I recently leveld a pally to 83 and farmed heavy Junkboxes on an Alt Rogue for my guild leader without so much as a thanks OR a promotion. Im not looking for Officer position just SOME recognition or maybe a little help gearing or perhaps and enchant, belt buckle or some other little thing to make me part of the group, instead there is awkward exchanges and silence from guild chat leaving me wondering WTF??

anyway... Cya Golden Quest I would have helped soo much more given the chance to be a part of the group
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warlock
So what you are saying is that you want Free Stuff and officer position for helping a different guild.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Giving you free things doesn't make you "part of the group". I hate that people feel like guilds need to reward them for doing the most ridiculous things.
Reply Quote
2 Draenei Warrior
Noo! if you read the post thats not what I was saying, I am NOT looking for free stuff, however I spent a pile of time farming Frickin Junkboxes and then ignored afterward ..Im not playing the game for someone elses INSANE title and if i do farm these items maybe throw some paltry trinket of affection such as an enchant or item I may need, or maybe even run me through an instance or 2 to help gear me so that I can join your jolly band in endgame fun, otherwise why even bother joining a guild ..rep rewards? gathering bonus or lvling bonus ..thats about it as far as I can see
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Now this may be over simplified, but have you considered just joining a guild that lets you do what YOU feel like doing?

I mean if you want to Raid or do high end PvP most of the guilds who do that will prob expect you to get to 85 and get geared on your own. Very few of them ( if any) will be going out of their way to help level and gear a newer member. Not that they're jerks or anything, it's just that you're an unknown quantity to them.

Now I'm not excusing a GL from basically treating his / her members as indentured servants either. Unless, of course, you OFFERED to do that stuff. Me personally, I would'nt let a guildie spend so much time on me, but alot of folks would figure "hey he offered..."

Long and the short of it? I suggest getting that lvl 83 to lvl 85. Getting geared ( a pain but it CAN be done) on your own. And then figure out what it is you really want to do. Oh and I would'nt worry so much about guild rank. I mean what's it really mean anyway, right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/07/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Turkeyneck
otherwise why even bother joining a guild ..rep rewards? gathering bonus or lvling bonus ..thats about it as far as I can see

Sorry, I just noticed this part. There are plenty of reasons for joining a guild besides those you mentioned. There's the social aspect. Some people could care less and some people just like the chat with guildies while doing dailys and other "boring activities" There's acess to varied professions without having to spam trade "LF xx". Theres the likelihood that if your stuck on a quest you will have someone handy to offer advice. That's even before getting into the more organized guild's raiding and pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
So, its my turn to speak up....not sure who Turkeyneck is since they did not come on here and post under there toons name in the guild. But, if it was me that your talking about regards to Heavy Junkboxes. If you remember, I asked the guild if anyone wanted to make some gold that I would pay 10g for each lockbox. I have paid for all the lockboxes I received from the only one member that sent them. I have never asked any guildie to help me without giving an reward. And, as a guild leader I have always helped members out without asking for anything in return besides that if I help out then please help someone else. If I dont respond to every single whisper that should not make me a bad person. I get a ton of whispers asking for help, and questions. Put yourself in my shoes and see if you can help everyone in the guild. And, there are a few co-gms in the guild as well as officers if you needed help with something. And, you could have just whispered me anytime. Can't speak of the type of member you were in the guild since I dont know who you are.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]