Elemental Shaman's in MoP (Issues)

85 Human Hunter
First off let me start by saying yes I know this should be in the beta forums, but not everyone can reply there and I wish for more feedback then what is given. Elemental has almost always been obsolete to restoration and enhancement. I find myself in love with elemental, but in MoP there isn't much to be in love with. I'm positive others notice this too with the recent 5.0.3 changes in beta. Talk about over nerf.

When I heard lightning bolt and lava burst where going to be doing near the same damage I got really excited, but then later I found out it was lava burst's damage getting nerfed into lightning bolt's damage. Lava burst is hitting as high as it does in live in PvP and PvE. Why? Every single other DPS spec is doing way more damage then us. Our burst isn't enough to kill someone in PvP; it currently takes 15+ lava burst crits to kill someone when other classes are doing 5 spells and someone dies.

The point of this ranting thread is to draw attention to elemental shaman issues. Increase our damage or decrease every other classes down to ours. Elemental shaman's are supposed to be one of the highest bursting classes in the game, but right now they're close to nothing compared to every single other class. Elemental was one of the last specs you needed to nerf and shaman where one of the last classes you needed to nerf. Thanks.

Lvb got nerfed because of our cooldown being way too strong. Lvb does t need fs on target to crit anymore. Thats why, if you would need fs on target to crit and it was dispelled yourcooldow would be useless.

Plus anytime a ele shaman does too good it drowns in nerfs. Been this way for years on.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
If the cd you are talking about is our god form we get for no cd lvb then you're wrong. It's anything but op, you can purge it off tranq shot it off and probably shiv it off. Due to that, lvb damage needs to go back up.
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Druid
lvb nerf is stupid, even WITH prenerf Lavab + Ascendance ele's burst wasn't any better than what moonkins or spriests or mages or dk's or warriors or hunters could push in.

and now that the massive burst is completely neutered via nerfs and the resilience changes ele is going to be the single worst pvp spec in the game. no more burst, terrible consistent damage that relies on constant casting, no defence, probably the worst offhealing of the hybrid dps specs, and bad CC's with long cooldowns... ele shamans aren't just outdated, they're terribly outdated. they're still in Wrath mode with Wrath numbers when everyone is going into Pandaria.

ele is losing defence and a shorter cooldown on thunderstorm isn't going to be enough to fix that. stone bulwark totem and astral shift need to be baseline for all specs. shocks need to be looked at again and lava burst needs its teeth back. Finally remove cooldown on hex.
Edited by Josua on 8/2/2012 11:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Lvb got nerfed because of our cooldown being way too strong. Lvb does t need fs on target to crit anymore. Thats why, if you would need fs on target to crit and it was dispelled yourcooldow would be useless.

Plus anytime a ele shaman does too good it drowns in nerfs. Been this way for years on.

Lava Burst still needs Flame Shock to crit, the Glyph that allowed auto crit without FlS was removed ages ago.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
08/02/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Josua
Finally remove cooldown on hex.

That wouldn't work at all. Just think about it for a sec, a sheep that can take a little damage before breaking.

08/02/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Amaravati
Lava Burst still needs Flame Shock to crit, the Glyph that allowed auto crit without FlS was removed ages ago.

^

08/02/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Exterminated
It's anything but op, you can purge it off tranq shot it off and probably shiv it off. Due to that, lvb damage needs to go back up.

Ascendance is very easily controlled by other things, as well. I was very displeased by this nerf.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
08/02/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Furfures
Ascendance is very easily controlled by other things, as well. I was very displeased by this nerf.

Tell me about it it's crazy how much they nerfed ele. I don't understand why.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
LvB is instant cast in mop.....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
08/19/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Xanzul

Only on Lava Surge procs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/19/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Xanzul

Incorrect. Only when Lava Surge procs.
Reply Quote
94 Goblin Shaman
I have not a clue why Elemental has been on such a huge sub-par train for this long.
It's crazy how many things they could do to buff Ele in PvE without worrying about overpowering it in PvP too.

Crazy ideas that aren't all viable that I'm going to throw out there:
Perhaps make Fulmination it's own button so I don't have conflicting shock timers?
Bring back FS being refreshed by LvB? (Not a fan of this one because it takes away a button but meh.)
Going out on a limb: Maybe make Fire Elemental a passive pet? Nerf it's damage a little to normalize it?
Maybe by speccing Elemental Unleash Elements could be off GCD?

I realize some of these are crazy, just food for thought.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I have not a clue why Elemental has been on such a huge sub-par train for this long.
It's crazy how many things they could do to buff Ele in PvE without worrying about overpowering it in PvP too.

Perhaps make Fulmination it's own button so I don't have conflicting shock timers?
Bring back FS being refreshed by LvB? (Not a fan of this one because it takes away a button but meh.)
Going out on a limb: Maybe make Fire Elemental a passive pet? Nerf it's damage a little to normalize it?

................................................ This is PERFECT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

................................................ This is PERFECT

One more stupid idea i would like to throw out there is to give Ele a 5 sec aura mastery when we use ascendance so we can get some pressure out b4 we r silenced
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Why is there an apostrophe?
Reply Quote
10 Human Rogue
Ele will always be mediocre at best because otherwise they would be too OP or bursty in arena.

Have we ever seen Ele got nerfed because of being too bursty in PvE? I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any or maybe I just missed it.

EM+Ascendance are a good burst combo I imagine, but I can see the incoming nerf on the horizon because ... oh well we already know why.
Edited by Fireflame on 8/22/2012 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
08/20/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Inderoath

Would be a nerf without any additional changes.

Such a small buff (+1 Lightning Bolt every 27 seconds or so) that it'd be unnoticeable.

That'd probably work since the prime elemental does ~40k dps while active, but I don't know that blizzard would want to add another pet spec/class :<

It'd be a buff, but we would never have to think about UE again because any good Ele will just macro it in to Lava Burst and never think about the ability again. As such I don't think that it's a solution likely to happen.

I think any pve buff that doesn't impact pvp much would have to go to Flame Shock, Searing Totem, or Lightning Bolt. Revert the most recent ST (25%) and LB (14%) nerfs and buff the flame shock dot by ~80% (putting the damage about on par with unstable affliction) and we'd be set.

Sounds crazy, but a guy can dream.
Edited by Gistwiki on 8/22/2012 10:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Astral shift as a baseline spell would be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
http://www.simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html

Were so good right now guys look how were doing in live. Blizzard please take note. I love playing ELE but you are making it hard for me to stay relevent in pvp and pve. Im not asking to be a godlike mage, but im asking to be atleast mediocre.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]