Pro Tips From Tomax About MOP and NLR

100 Tauren Druid
Hey guys I got a lot of good feed back around my pre-cata post on this subject so by heavy demand here are my recommendations for people looking for NLR in Mists.

Q. Tomax what class should I play in Mop?

A. Well How about I tell you what class not to play. Lets start with the obvious Rogues unless your amazing at rogue and honestly there might only be 1-2 people on this server tops that are dont play one. They have no versatility and are strictly worse then monks and druids yet roll on the same gear.

Secondly dont play a melee dps in my 10 man my plan is to only run 1 Melee dps (2 in 1 tank fights) so if you assume there 5 decent raid groups on the server there are gonna be 5 melee dps spots open in them at most 10 if we all feel the need to have 2 melee dps but odds are it will be more like 8. So if your not one of the top 8 melee dps in the server dont expect to get into one of top 5 raid groups.

Classes to play from what i can see are Shaman Warlock and Monk. Shamans are the only people rolling on there gear other then hunters for enhance they offer some buffs that only shamans get and they roll on a tier peice that will most likely be under represented. Warlock is a good choice simply because there are no top end warlocks on this server (if you can think of one let me know cause i have been looking and the best i have seen is phake on his alt but hes the best melee dps on the server other then yeskah so him playing melee is ok). 3rd is Monk... Monk is a risky one if your willing to heal as a monk I think you will have the top 5 raid groups looking at you assuming you are half decent you will be rolling on an under represented tier of gear and only sharign gear with resto druids and boomkins.

Also my guess is teh top 5 guilds on the server could use any where from 4-5 Tanks. For example if a really pro tank showed up I would consider them for my 10 man but not as high as a really high healer/dps such as say ... KROMKA ya i said it we are in the process of negotatiing a contract with KROMKA to raid with imperium next expac very exciting yes very exciting.

Q. Warchief.. How do I achieve NLR next Expac
A. Honestly the key to NLR is having a network of players to raid with who are of the same mind set as you. If you go to raid with your group and half of them are not speced right itemized right and showing up on time and consistantly then your not gonna achieve NLR.

To many times I have seen talented players stay in crap guilds cause "they want to be loyal", "been with them a long time", or just simply dont know what they have been missing. If you want to achieve NLR you need to take risks and be willing to look for more. On a side not people that transfer to achieve NLR general speaking are not successful so save your 25 bucks.

If you want to really achieve NLR be proactive set up your own groups do your own thing. So many peopel whisper me every week. "Yo tomax take me with your 10 man Ill carry my own weight".. Carrying you weight to a raid leader is the equivalent to saying "well if we die it wasnt my fault" for NLR you need players who can carry each other when the mess up. Yeskah dies on heroic Madness no worries Tomax will do all the tanking. Freddy's dps is a big low on heroic Ragnerous NP Tomax will pick up the dps. Vedis broke his finger playing hockey and cant heal as much NP Tomax will through out some rejuvs. The reason every one in the 10 man must be able to carry is because at some point some one will mess up and you need the other 9 people to compensate. This is why carrying your own weight isnt enough for NLR

Q Warchief I want to hear more about MOP and NLR how can I learn more from you.

A. I am planning on having the IMPERIUM guild meeting prior to mop a few weeks before the expansion. This meeting is open to every one on the server because I can only have 75 people on this vent server and have received server hundred requests to be a part of it I will be streaming the meeting live on my twitch account. and I will also be answering questions as well.

Q. Yo Tomax what guild should I join for MOP
A. Honestly Imperium is the only guild has members that have achieve NLR. So you should join imperium. but you will find that to achieve NLR you have to have the above requirements imperium doesnt want tag alongs when it comes to raiding if yoru not willing an capable of setting up and leading a group on your own no one in imperium will want to raid with you because they all are and part of NLR is No excuses and knowing with out needing to be told

Q. Tomax what is NLR
A. If you dont know by now LFR is more for you take your time leveling enjoy the lore. Wow is a good game even if your not NLRing
Edited by Tomax on 8/6/2012 4:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Reserved
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Reserverd
Reply Quote
NLR=No Life raiders
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
Tomax of imperium giving pro tips to daggerspine? Whats next? Dark Trinity taking realm 2nd place? What happened to this server?
Reply Quote
Hi my name is tomax or tomacs why did i keep getting dced from vent HAPPY TO BE HERE
Reply Quote
61 Tauren Warrior
Next Level Shark
Reply Quote
60 Orc Rogue
09/07/2012 02:30 AMPosted by Drstrong
Next Level Shark

Next Level Pre-BC raider.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Who is Tomax?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/28/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Fizbo
Who is Tomax?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/28/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Fizbo
Who is Tomax?

You must be new here.
Reply Quote
42 Orc Warrior
I hear failing trial for a guild named "months behind" is a real resume builder now-a-days.
Edited by Zeróskill on 1/25/2013 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]