Buying a Corrupted Hippogryph

90 Troll Shaman
I'm looking for a Corrupted Hippogryph.
Paying up to 100k or so. 5k finders' fee if you find me a seller.

Horde: Cythus, Accessory
Alliance: Bankin
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
There's one in the ally AH. Seller wants 300k, maybe you can cut a deal.
Reply Quote
67 Draenei Death Knight
Blizzard adds a gold sink every expansion..and now they have the black market AH. But why not just make a vendor in like bootybay or something that sells TCGs raw for a set price. When Blizzard makes these TCGs boe then they are just promoting quantitative easing, which is the exact opposite of their gold sinks! I mean come on! That is the perfect example. Netting these cards from 100-300k is so unbalanced. When players do this back alley purchasing, they are pushing the rest of us (the realm) to a fiscal cliff, and causing item erosion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
lol @ gold sinks.

@Firestyle - Kroni had it up, then re-listed it at 100k. I was trying to get a hold of him to purchase it out of the AH but it sold before I got a reply and before I could get the other 20k I needed over there. I only play horde, but sell on both sides. I also have a horde to alliance gold transfer service that helps me get my alliance profits back to horde without the 15% AH fee; Doing the opposite of what I usually offer wasn't fast enough lol

BUT, I'm still looking of course. I'll also be looking to buy the Feldrake when the deck comes out in Novemeber (rumored) If they keep the same model, I'll pay another 100-150k for that one as well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
08/07/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Pillsberry
Blizzard adds a gold sink every expansion..and now they have the black market AH. But why not just make a vendor in like bootybay or something that sells TCGs raw for a set price. When Blizzard makes these TCGs boe then they are just promoting quantitative easing, which is the exact opposite of their gold sinks! I mean come on! That is the perfect example. Netting these cards from 100-300k is so unbalanced. When players do this back alley purchasing, they are pushing the rest of us (the realm) to a fiscal cliff, and causing item erosion.

Of course they add a gold sink every expansion. When currency is continually created (by the minute, hour, day, etc.), in the form of quest rewards, and mob looting, then something needs to serve as a balance, to relieve that gold from the economy.

And what exactly do you mean, by quantitative easing? The context you're using it in, doesn't match what QE actually is, which is the purchasing of bank-held assets, by a central bank (the Fed), in order to promote spending, in the form of increased lending by the banks.

In WoW, Blizzard isn't purchasing any assets; it's the exact opposite. We're the ones purchasing, at the same time essentially "destroying" that currency from the server economy. If you mean to argue that the BMAH will stimulate the creation of wealth, in the form of more people running more dailies, in order to buy more mounts, then QE is a poor term to use. Also, if that's your argument, then I'll counter by arguing that Blizzard is instituting the perfect in-game inflation control, in the form of the BMAH. So we have an excess of gold created from unlimited dailies? One, let's be careful to not assume that every player is running any certain number of dailies every day. It may be that the average player will continue to run the average number of dailies. We don't know. Secondly, Blizzard will control the rate at which "gold sinks" are listed on the BMAH. If their data says that a given server's economy is over-inflated, by 10 million gold, and that the average mount on the BMAH sells for 100k, then they know that all they need to do, is release approximately 100 mounts on the BMAH, in order to lower the currency level.

Also, Blizzard knows that there is a segment of the WoW player base, that views pet and mount collection as one of the ultimate rewards of the game. This is simply an expansion of the game's appeal to that segment.

As to why they wouldn't simply sell the mounts for a set price, I could hazard a guess that they don't want to detract from the players who spend more money on the TCG. If the mounts/pets could be purchased in-game, then TCG sales would likely drop, for that segment that buys the cards for the mounts and pets.

Lastly, what do you mean by $100k - $300k being unbalanced? Against what?
Reply Quote
67 Draenei Death Knight
I know i was a little lenient with the word QE , but for the lack of a better word i used it - referencing to players (the Fed) purchasing assets from the player selling the TCGs, and as above i mention how the items go for anywhere between 100-300k gold, that's what i men't by the Fed injecting gold into this economy because now the people who sold the TCG made a lot of gold and they did it without using any in-game technique.

What i was trying to say is, instead of putting these items in the BlackMarket AH where the prices fluxuate all the time, they could have a vendor in bootybay that allows the purchase of the items they have for a set price - I wasn't referencing to the TCGs, haha that would definitely make blizzard lose some money. It's just when players have to bid higher and higher it gives everyone all the more reason to create more and more gold so they can purchase these items that sometimes come as close as gold cap. I know blizzard is only targeting the rich with this idea, but they have no idea how much it effects even the middle and lower classes.

TL:DR Blizzards high cost BMAH can be countered by making large sums of gold without using the game ----> TCGs, or any other illegal trading (Reference to my "Back Alley Purchasing" Comment). I am not protesting the BMAH Embermoon, but i don't condone trading like the TCGs because it derails our economy.

I realize not everyone sells or purchases TCGs but when these type of transactions happen, it causes inflation to go up.
Edited by Pillsberry on 8/8/2012 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
67 Draenei Death Knight
08/07/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Pillsberry
But why not just make a vendor in like bootybay or something that sells TCGs raw for a set price

Yikes! I just reread what i posted, sorry about that - it was late and i was tired, getting words mixed up. When i said that i actually ment BMAH items.
Edited by Pillsberry on 8/8/2012 9:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you tired again? 'Men't' lol. Not that I haven't made a typo or two in my time, but that's an amusing one XD
Reply Quote
67 Draenei Death Knight
08/08/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Rowen
Are you tired again? 'Men't' lol. Not that I haven't made a typo or two in my time, but that's an amusing one XD
Lol, no actually that time my stupid spell check told me that's how it was spelled. And sorry for taking over the thread with my stupid comment OP, somebody get this man a Corrupted Hippogryph!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
No worries; Free bumps for me lol.

These transactions happen, but it's not enough daily to cause inflation. Some people who sell these mounts already have high amounts of gold, and some don't. The ones who get that kinda gold at once are the ones who will blow it on other mounts or random !@#$, which temporarily helps the market so others' can have their item bought.

It's the rich and the poor, just like our real life economy. Personally, 100k to me on something like this mount is change. Some consider 100k rich.

And yes; Someone find me the mount! lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]