Level requirements for MoP JC dailies?

1 Orc Hunter
The requirement for Cata dailies is a level 75 character with 475 JC skill.What is it in MoP?I dont have a beta account so Im posting this here.Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
sadly it appears that there wont be JC dailies anymore.

The pattern acquisition is more like inscription research. Once a day you can use 3 of x color rare gem to learn a random x color rare pattern. aka you could use 3 inferno rubies to learn a random inferno ruby cut. You can also use 3x spirit of harmony to learn more patterns.

its listed as requiring 600 skill with a "?" so i guess that means unknown, my guess is it will probably require 550 or 575.
Reply Quote
i guess it is a good thing, don't need to feel compelled to do the daily, just cut and save 3 rare and use those for research.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Daily was better, you only learned the patterns you wanted, rather than having to learn most if not all of the patterns in Mists. I don't think it will be completely bad, I am looking forward to the random nature of the research...but I blame everyone who whined about the dailies. Grats, Blizzard listened.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
this will stink to high heaven. random recipes? rly???
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
08/07/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Takamurasaki
this will stink to high heaven. random recipes? rly???

The completionists who HAD to have every pattern in the game kept complaining. Now they can learn the patterns in a 1/3rd of the time.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
The random part sucks, but you also get more patterns this way. I didn't start JC until cata on an alt, but for TBC, WoTLK, and Cata it was 3 tokens to a recipe right? And 5 for epics in cata (not sure on TBC/WoTLK).

Sure, the random part sucks. But you basically have 3 chances to learn the cut you want, and eventually you'll probably want one of the cuts you learned earlier.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
08/07/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Takamurasaki
his will stink to high heaven. random recipes? rly???

Probably one of the worst things I could have thought of. Horrible idea.

08/07/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Gistene
i guess it is a good thing, don't need to feel compelled to do the daily, just cut and save 3 rare and use those for research.

Are you sure about that? In Cata you have to cut them on the spot, as needed. Would imagine they would be nasty enough to stick this requirement in here too as the whole idea is so stupid..
Edited by Geodir on 8/8/2012 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Are you sure about that? In Cata you have to cut them on the spot, as needed. Would imagine they would be nasty enough to stick this requirement in here too as the whole idea is so stupid..

there's no cutting of the gems involved in learning the new patterns. 3 raw red gems = 1 red gem pattern.

i guess the ability to use spirits of harmony to learn more patterns is nice on paper but in reality i dont think many people are going to want to use them for this as they are quite tedious to farm.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I really wish they'd go back to the TBC model for profession recipes and patterns where most were BoP drops off of mobs in various instances, a handful were rep based from vendors, and a scattering of world BOE drops.

The BoP drops were split between trash mobs in various instances so they couldn't be brute force farmed and some that were mob-specific in the open world with reasonable .5%-1% drop rates so that any ambitous player could farm a pattern in a few hours.

It was a better system than constant dailies (any city-parked crafting alt could get all the profitable patterns), random research (same as dailies), or vendor bought with specific materials (same as above).

I like a system in which the most profitable patterns are only obtainable by toons involved in the content and not merely going through a daily checklist of trivial and easy processes.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
The BC model was HORRIBLE. As a casual crafter at the time, I wasn't able to learn any patterns until the Sunwell QM was unlocked. Yes, there were some BoP patterns, but most were BoE and sold for 800+ gold on the AH, so were nearly always needed on by non-JC. Keep in mind, this was back when it took 6 months to farm 5k gold for epic flying.

The WotLK system was a significant improvement, offering dailies for casual players, and broken necklace / titanium dust turn-ins for the professional players who were willing and could afford to drop 1k gold on a single pattern. The only bad thing about dailies in Cata was the loss of the turn-ins, but even then, only a completionist needed more then a months worth of dailies to get everything they needed, while the rest of us just sold chimera's eyes at 200+ gold a day for 30 seconds work.
Edited by Jozie on 8/8/2012 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
08/08/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Jozie
The BC model was HORRIBLE.

The TBC model actually made it very difficult for any individual to become self-suficient, the BOP nature of dropped patterns meant crafting knowledge was spread accross the server, and that in turn meant you had to interact with other players. It was overall a far better system.

Want a specific pattern? Go farm it. Very few were in raid content. Most of the non-weapon ones were in five man conten off trash and those that weren't were farmable in the open world. You know where you leave a city and go do something.

The WotLK system was a significant improvement

A system in which everyone has everything deflates values and removes the need for signifigant player interaction.

sold chimera's eyes at 200+ gold a day for 30 seconds work.

And that was ridiculous. Chimera's eyes should have been something to farm for not something rewarded off a vendor for doing a trivial daily.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
I would have to agree that the BC system was horrible, the new system does not particularly suit me but it does allow pattern collection faster. The wannabee pattern collectors got their wish.

Did they adjust the rare drop % on beta? Certainly feels like it, the last two nights its take 6 stacks of ore just to get 3 rares for discovery, 18 stacks of ore for 1 ruby.

08/08/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Mcbenys
You know where you leave a city and go do something.

I spent most of TBC doing that, 27 runs of crypts for Formula: Enchant Boots - Dexterity was not enough. Let alone the 1000's of ogres that died by my hand. This Saturday I plan to head of to uldaar 25 yet again, sure that 1 in 2000 chance of a mount is their but its mainly for Formula: Enchant Weapon - Blood Draining and I already have the legendary.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
i think what we need more than anything is variety. Not any "zomg this is the best way" but some things from a trainer, some rep patterns, some bop drops some boe drops, ect ect.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
08/08/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Zachknight
i think what we need more than anything is variety. Not any "zomg this is the best way" but some things from a trainer, some rep patterns, some bop drops some boe drops, ect ect.

Exactly. And that is what TBC was. Each faction had a few patterns for revered or exalted, a handful of BOE drops were out there, the BOP drops were farmable by anyone who wanted them with the exception of the enchants in Kara, and trainers gave you enough to level with. It was a great system.

I spent most of TBC doing that, 27 runs of crypts for Formula: Enchant Boots - Dexterity was not enough. Let alone the 1000's of ogres that died by my hand.

I did the same things. I made a time and effort investment that was equal to how much I was interested in those patterns. It gave me something to do other than a thirty second daily and if there is one thing this game desperately needs it is more things to do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Completionists did not ALL complain about the dailys. The lazy ( in a freakin GAME) and impatient ones did. If you ignore BC stuff ( and who cares about that?) you'll notice my JC is pretty darned complete. And I LOVED the dailys.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
How do you love the dailies? What's fun about logging on, crafting three gems, and hitting complete quest?

The one complaint I have about the JC model is that people who got into JC late in the game had no way to really catch up. Whereas a LW, enchanter, engineer, or whatever would just go buy the recipes he needed. Spend the weekend farming the mats. I finally decided to get power torrent on my enchanter, and I just went and bought it. The end. And if I wanted every other pattern I could go farm/buy the mats out (Well, I actually had a ton of mats stockpiled by then so I could have just bought them all out). I didn't have to spend a month getting all the enchants.

I'm assuming with this new model that you can only do one new gem a day (IE: you can't learn a new red, green, purple, and yellow gem in one day). You get to choose which color you want to learn, how many different cuts are there per color? Like 7 or 8 at a guess? So you spend a week cutting one color and you'll eventually get the type you want, AND every other cut as well. Then do it for the next color. Instead of getting 2 gems a week and spending 3-4 months getting all the good gems, then doing the daily as many times as possible to stockpile tokens for the epics.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
08/09/2012 08:16 AMPosted by Shamus
How do you love the dailies?

I loved the WotLK dailies because the casual player could just log in once a day and eventually learn any pattern they wanted. For the late comers, you had the token turn-in system allowing anyone to essentially "buy" the patterns they wanted off of the AH for thousands of gold, just like they could during BC.

Though I still liked the Cata dailies, as I was able to complete the quests on alts, without leaving the city or being high enough level to kill mobs. That was also a draw back to the system, since I didn't need to leave the cities, but the bigger draw back was the removal of the token turn-in system that made the WotLK system so great.

From the sounds of the Mists system, late comers are still screwed. Sure, they can learn a new pattern everyday, but what are the odds they will learn the pattern they need in 3 days like you can now. And rather than completing a simple quest with worthless uncommon gems, they have to waste hundred if not thousands of gold a day burning through rare gems.

I would suspect that the biggest complaint people had with the dailies was the lack of the turn-in system. So grats, no more dailies, but you still aren't getting a turn-in system, at least as long as the motes of harmony are BoP.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Currently you can learn blue & yellow research at 525. Orange and green at 535, purple at 545 and red at 550. Also at 550 is the one with no cooldown but costs spirits of harmony. The 6 colour-specific researches all share the same daily cooldown, so you can only learn one new design from them per day.

After you have learnt all that one of the colours offers, further research using that type of gem will teach you a random design from the other colours. This can let you use up cheaper gems if you don't care what you learn.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
spirits of harmony or whatever being used for everything and bop makes me nervous.
no chance im playing 8 toons and less of a chance im farming on 8 toons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]