what healer is in best place come mop?

87 Undead Priest
pallies are not bugged and yea they are mostly done with the changes. if anything just tunning them up. Disc and holy are still horrible and shamans go oom in 3 mins
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
08/08/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Apparitíon
pallies are not bugged and yea they are mostly done with the changes. if anything just tunning them up. Disc and holy are still horrible and shamans go oom in 3 mins

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6246946453?page=5#93

They believe they have it fixed, however, I would wait until beta is almost done for more definate numbers. Also, HPS is NOT DPS. You have over healing and dispelling to include into those things.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
An update for Blood death knights: We’re going to try returning the Crimson Scourge passive, with a minor tweak. You have a 10% chance on melee hit against a Blood Plague diseased target to make your next Blood Boil or Death and Decay free.

An update for shaman: we're going to make Healing Rain cheaper and heal for a lot more. We are going to make Chain Heal heal for slightly more.

An update for priests: we're going to reduce the cost of all heals by 10%, reduce the mana gain from Inner Focus, but buff Discipline to 50% Meditation. We're also making Power Infusion priest only, for fear that priests will be asked to choose that talent to benefit someone else.

An update for paladins: we're going to buff Word of Glory and slightly nerf Light of Dawn. We will likely nerf Bastion of Glory enough to offset this change, but need additional testing first. For now, we are not changing Ret's WoG bonus so it will be buffed for them as well.

These aren't all the changes, and we still love you even if we didn't mention your class. I just wanted to hit these points because they're fresh on my mind and it might be a bit before they are reflected in the beta build.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Priest
where did you find this so i can follow it
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/08/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Apparitíon
where did you find this so i can follow it

Beta class balance analysis sticky in beta classes forum. Mmo-champion also regularly tracks the blue posts there as well.

If a design decision really bothers you (no disc smart heal, no spread healing for shaman), those are unlikely to be adjusted much at this stage and you may want to seek out another healer.

If your concern is about numbers, have patience and let the bug squashing finish and healer balance be tuned. They have started to declare certain dps classes as being where they want them so the numbers are starting to finalize. GC has stated multiple times during beta that healer balance always takes longer (and as yesterday's patch shows, they are still making healer changes).

Expansion launches are a good time to step back and figure out if you like the mechanics of your class and whether now is a good time for a change. Numbers will come and go but you are living with your new mechanics for 2 years.
Reply Quote
Let him go reroll because a spec may be good for the first 2-4 weeks of mop. Considering 95% of the people wont strt raiding till about 3-6 weeks into mop. Let him waste his time.
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Muhtotems
Let him go reroll because a spec may be good for the first 2-4 weeks of mop. Considering 95% of the people wont strt raiding till about 3-6 weeks into mop. Let him waste his time.

There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to have multiple characters to heal with. I was dead set on having my Shaman as my main at the start of Cata; I enjoyed Shaman healing in Wrath and had grown to love goofing off in PVP/BGs as Elemental, and was looking forward to continuing this in Cata.

But Resto Shamans were in a bad place at the start of Cata for PVE healing (not too mention issues w/ Elemental in PVP). It was a struggle for me trying to heal raids and even heroic dungeons. I basically gave up trying to heal (and even playing WOW) until managing to gear out my Druid in 4.1/4.2

It can't hurt to level multiple classes that can perform the role if you enjoy healing. This is way you have multiple characters to fall back on if you find one to be lacking (I really wish I was as prepared for Cata healing wise as I am for Mists).
Edited by Hexxi on 8/9/2012 9:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Shaman
I don't like the majority of design decisions they have made regarding Resto Shaman going into MoP, so I won't be raiding with him. Furthermore, leveling multiple healing toons is never a bad idea imo. It makes you more well rounded.

HPS can change in a few weeks post launch, same with mp5, but if a class doesn't feel right to you, you shouldn't feel like you need to continue it with Account Wide stuff now. I don't like most Shaman talents or glyphs, hate their so called niche that I never get to take advantage of, an the new Totem U.I. is garbage. I am very unhappy with the class and Blizzard's apparent design goals for them, and they have been pretty stubborn about not changing anything so there's not much else I can do except not play the class. This can always change down the road but I'm not holding my breath for right now, and token bandaids won't be enough this time.

Monk will be new and fresh for at least a while and I'm certain I can use my skills to outheal Joe Average Monk (just like Joe Average ____ in FL on my Shaman), and I like basically everything they've done with Druid except the Shroom nerf (which they are actually readjusting so yay). I've never been a huge fan of Paladin mechanics despite their apparent OPness, so I'll probably leave him as an alt. Same with Priest, I've played the class enough for an 85 but just don't like raiding on him.

So what if you reroll if you really do enjoy the class and it has the added benefit of being higher up on the food chain? Let the people who want to play their class through thick and thin continue to do so. You don't owe the class or Blizzard anything. Blizzard should be compelling you to play it, rather than consistently letting you down like they did me. I can't speak for you, but I want to have fun when I play.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I remember they said priest will suck before Cata release.
I guess it is trend for priest to be garbage on beginning of new expansion...
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Look, another Priest going for the FOTM healer at the start of the xpac. ...I bet you never even touched your priest when we were coined as the "worst" healer in early Cata.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Why should we NOT go FOTM at the start of the xpac?

Priests were on top for a few weeks at the beginning of cata due to stacking of Mana Tide Totems and Innervates in the raid. Blizz pulled out the nerfhammer but hit it on the class, instead of on the mana regen abilities that the raid was stacking.

This crippled the class for almost the entire expansion, since if your raid wasn't stacking these abilities, you had NO WAY of being competitive with any of the other healers in your raid. It didn't matter what your skill level was - they rebalanced the class around it having way more mp5 that it actually did.

If you were disc, you had to wait until (if I recall correctly - wasn't playing disc at the time) 4.2 for the buffs that made you competitive.
If you were holy, you had to wait for patch 4.3 for the buffs that made you competitive.

Therefore, sitting back and holding your breath waiting for them to fix things (based on prior experience), is NOT a good bet, and will likely lead to additional frustration.

TL;DR: Roll FOTM. You can always go back if they fix it.
Edited by Ticktacktick on 8/9/2012 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Blizz has lowered the mana requirements of all Priest spells by 10% and are proposing changes. This will make a huge difference, and we could be in a good spot again. Shamen are also getting a touch up. We'll see if this improves the feel of these classes, most likely in the next build
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
I have all healers maxed except this palli, and she'll be 85 soon enough. I have no issue with FoTM choosing my healers. I did it in Cata: druid to start, disc priest in Firelands, and resto shammy in DS.
Considering Blizz's philosophy of giving away gear in a patch that raiders worked for in the previous patch (see 378 geat dropping in faceroll HoT dungeons, same gear you raided for in FL) its pretty damn easy to switch to the healer you like, FoTM style...

Concerning the new talent trees, I'd have to say that Hpalli looks like they will be the most fun to play. Rshaman got a cool new CD, but particularly if they are nerfing TC, i have no doubt that they will be in a bad place mana wise.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/08/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Apparitíon
^ i loved the class but they changed its mechanics im not just talking about nerfs or little changes its a huge change to disc play style guess i have to go druid or paladin

Our numbers are low, but they are working on fixing it now. A chance in our mana regen and spell costs should happen next build (I hope). Otherwise playing Disc doesn't feel that different to me. There are a few new spells, but overall their uses are straight-forward and many replace existing abilities (level 90 talents replace divine hymn, fewer dps spells, mindbender replacing shadowfiend, etc). Since we have no set rotation for the most part, I'm not too worried about changing up my spell priorities. I find things like that more challenging when dealing with hunters and other dps that have learned a particular order that they repeat over and over.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm still maining my priest into MoP. The difference is now I'm also playing with Holy spec - whereas I'm usually Disc. I like them both for different reasons. I am NOT happy with the mana changes in Disc, or how (in general) Priests are hurting for mana return over other healing specs. HOWEVER - I am determined to thrive in the new expansion and my GM/Tank loves the priesty heals.
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
08/07/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Qqshamanheal
pallies, druid, monk, shaman, priest

This is pretty accurate from the testing people have been doing. Note that this is for level 90, not 85.

edit: DANG NECRO
Edited by Niktesla on 9/24/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/09/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Muhtotems
Considering 95% of the people wont strt raiding till about 3-6 weeks into mop.

Class balance is irrelevant for all but the top 5%.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
09/24/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Anarri
Class balance is irrelevant for all but the top 5%.

Not true. It's just that the considerations are somewhat different.

The ranking may be substantially different for 'average' guilds than for the top 5% if there's a difference in execution difficulty or level of raid coordination required. But class balance still exists and in some cases discrepancies are magnified (for instance, shamans in t12, who had a low performance ceiling combined with high execution difficulty - or paladins in t13, who had a high performance ceiling and very low difficulty).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]