[H] The Sanguine Mantle (IC RP Group)

100 Blood Elf Warlock
A flyer could be found pinned at various locations within Silvermoon City, as well as certain points in Falconwing Square, Fairbreeze Village, Sun's Reach Harbour, and Tranquillien. A thick piece of parchment, the edges would appear burnt. At the top of the page, a crest could be seen depicting a bloodied phoenix. Large, elaborate quill strokes of a scarlet ink read:

"The Sanguine Mantle. We are not a guild. We are not an organisation, order, company, house, or any other type of group. What we are is an alliance... an alliance of aforementioned powers and individuals, all working to further one goal - the betterment of Quel'thalas.

For thousands of years, Quel'thalas served as the envy of the known world. Not only was our homeland beautiful, but it was one of the most powerful nations to ever exist. After the Scourge came, however, we were toppled. Everything was razed, and through a series of events that I'm sure you are all familiar with, we struggled to reclaim our home. A few short years ago, however, we finally rose once again; like a phoenix from the ashes.

We are now led by our wise Regent Lord, and through him are members of the Horde. However, we are still weak as a nation. Less than a year ago, we required the aid of the Quel'dorei to stop the Amani resurgence. Furthermore, we would have never managed to seize control of the Ghostlands without the aid of the Dark Lady and her Forsaken. Now, once again, we are threatened.

There are those among our people who would see us throw what little forces we have around the globe; our small amount of soldiers fighting on various fronts without knowing if they will survive or not... and, in the meantime, leaving our homeland defenceless. These people, tyrannical and selfish, believe themselves to be the true masters of Quel'thalas. They constantly circumvent the Regent Lord, and would see our nation under their control. And, brothers and sisters, under their leadership we would be ruined.

It is for that reason that the Sanguine Mantle has been created. To combat the various groups and people who wish to control our nation and home from the inside. Villains, they are - corrupt politicians leading others, who do not know the errors of their ways, to madness. The names of these dark fellows cannot be written here, however, less they discover our plot and attempt to exterminate us before we gain enough power and sway to defend ourselves. However, if you wish to join us and learn more about the dark war about to be fought in the shadows of Silvermoon's spires, leave a letter by the vendor of fine wines in the Silvermoon City Inn detailing your name and affiliation.

Join us, and by the Light of the Sun, do your duty to Quel'thalas and her Children of Blood."

((The note would just be mailed to Malredis, OOCly. =P))

OOC Information:
Alrighty, people! Hello. Having a nice day? Good, good. Well, my name is Malredis, and I have recently decided - along with a few of my IC allies - to create an IC group that will cross guild and individual boundaries. Our goal, IC, is to fight the various corrupted groups and people in Silvermoon who might lead our people down a dark path (more on this can be elaborated during OOC meetings). OOCly, however, we wish to provide a dynamic, diverse, and casual to moderate roleplaying environment for all those with similar goals. Simply put, we wish to promote political, militaristic, and espionage based roleplay within Quel'thalas.

Now, from reading all the information I have already posted, I can tell you're thinking, "N'aww! So it's just another Blood Elf only group." Well, I'm happy to tell you that you can - possibly - be wrong! We are, naturally, focused on the Sin'dorei and Quel'thalas. However, if there are other members of the Horde who, say, would like to see Silvermoon's position within the Horde secured even further, or perhaps wouldn't, this would also be a good group for you.

For example, Oggrash is an orc and Horde patriot. He might say, "Oggrash fight for Horde. Oggrash refer to himself in the third person, because Oggrash an orc. Oggrash wants to make sure magical elves stay in the Horde and help the Warchief crush the Alliance. Oggrash will fight with the Sanguine Mantle and aid that place that Oggrash can't pronounce!"

An opposite example, however, is in the mind of a Forsaken who dislikes the Horde and wishes to further the Dark Lady's agenda. We'll call him... Deleterious. "If I aid this group, I could sow chaos within the streets of Silvermoon and perhaps influence my allies to dislike the Horde and give full support to the Dark Lady. Then, if she ever decided to rebel against the Warchief, we would have the aid of the Blood Elves! Muahahaha!"

(To be continued.)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
As is clearly seen, many scenarios could fit. If you wish to learn more about the Sanguine Mantle, and find out who else is in it, visit our website at www.thesanguinemantle.tumblr.com. Yeah, we have a tumblr as our page. Awesome, amirite? It should be noted that the Character Profiles you see are written by individuals, and therefore any and all grammatical errors are not reflective upon the group as a whole. English is the second language to a few of our members.

Also, if you wish to join, please send a Character Profile to our email (which is written down there... v) in the format that is depicted at the bottom of the page.

So, that's about it! If you have any further questions, contact myself, Amille, or Namië in game. Or, you could just email us at thesanguinemantle@hotmail.com. Hope to see you within our ranks soon! =P

Sincerely,
Malredis Saur'ath
Elected Grand Counsellor of the Sanguine Mantle

EDIT: Bolded two important pieces of information.
Edited by Malredis on 8/10/2012 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Reserved for future posts.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
....This looks

Extremely familiar.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
....This looks

Extremely familiar.

No no what you're thinking of is a red circle, these are red shoulderpads.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
....This looks

Extremely familiar.

I have to second that.

But I suppose good luck!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
http://i.imgur.com/E1BVA.jpg
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
"The Sanguine Mantle. We are not a guild. We are not an organisation, order, company, house, or any other type of group. What we are is an alliance... an alliance of aforementioned powers and individuals, all working to further one goal - the betterment of Quel'thalas.

You are an alliance, of groups. groups made of people, with one goal-under one label.

This makes you an organization.

(ノಠ益ಠ)
Edited by Ceralyn on 8/7/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
....This looks

Extremely familiar.

As I alluded to in the post, there is a little more than what meets the eye. This bit of information, not to be posted here, puts the Sanguine Mantle on the completely opposite side of political spectrum to your Crimson Circle. We are, in a way, representing many things that people feel your organisation does not.

I have to second that.

But I suppose good luck!

Thanks. =)

You are an alliance, of groups. groups made of people, with one goal-under one label.

This makes you an organization.

(ノಠ益ಠ)

Point taken. I was just trying to force the point that we are not one individual entity, but made up of many. My apologies for the falsity of my prior statement... =P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't get why people have to troll someone's post about what they are or aren't. Just let them promote their RP?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
As I alluded to in the post, there is a little more than what meets the eye. This bit of information, not to be posted here, puts the Sanguine Mantle on the completely opposite side of political spectrum to your Crimson Circle. We are, in a way, representing many things that people feel your organisation does not.

I don’t mind that much really but, it comes off really pretentious to make a subtle call out, saying that one group is corrupt, filled with all manner of wicked people (purely IC I hope), but to use nearly word for word, the exact same principles-creed written in the mission statement of the Circle itself-both IC and OOCly-but call yourself different.

I mean, it’s not like I can stop you guys from doing what you want to do or feel the way you wish, but it does come off as tactless-and I’m hardly the only person who feels this way.

I don’t want to come off hollow when I say good luck, because more Sin’dorei RP the better, just the statement seemed…well, gauche? Maybe?

Ah well. On with the stories and whatnot.
Edited by Sinsaria on 8/8/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not subtle.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I don’t mind that much really but, it comes off really pretentious to make a subtle call out, saying that one group is corrupt, filled with all manner of wicked people (purely IC I hope), but to use nearly word for word, the exact same principles-creed written in the mission statement of the Circle itself-both IC and OOCly.

I mean, it’s not like I can stop you guys from doing what you want to do or feel the way you wish, but it does come off as tactless-and I’m hardly the only person who feels this way.

I don’t want to come off hollow when I say good luck, because more Sin’dorei RP the better, just the statement seemed…well, gauche? Maybe?

Let me first start by saying that I am extremely sorry if this came off as a 'call out'. I really, truly, and honestly didn't mean it as such. I feel a bit queasy if I feel like I insulted someone OOC, and would never do it intentionally. I am sorry for any confusion on that matter.

However, on the actual topic, it was a general statement made about many of the groups in Silvermoon. I won't confirm or deny the Sanguine Mantle's views on the Crimson Circle, as I don't want to give out spoilers, but I will say that many members of this organisation (as Ceralyn politely corrected me) do despise the Crimson Circle ICly. OOCly, feelings are - to my knowledge - quite positive, and if I were to find out that any of our members were harassing in any way OOCly, I would personally speak to them. I will not tolerate such things, as they are negative to a healthy roleplaying environment.

Now, to the issue of using it word for word. I wish to make a statement in my defence that I have actually never visited your website, nor do I believe that I have read your forum post on the matter. All I know about the Crimson Circle OOCly is from hearsay, so any and all comparisons drawn between the two are purely coincidental. However, in order to check myself, I will check your post now. One moment...

Alright, this is what I have found.

The Crimson Circle is an Blood Elf union consisting of members and figureheads of the various factions within Silvermoon City who have created a council to strengthen the cooperation between each other. It is an active body consisting of soldiers and diplomats, all loyal to Quel’thalas and the Regent Lord to see the Blood Elven race extend beyond the glory days of the past but establish an even greater legacy. Since the fall of Quel’thalas to the hands of Arthas and the betrayal of Sunstrider, amidst the myriad of threats beyond the gates of Eversong that threaten to further disrupt the prosperity of their people, the Sin’dorei more than ever are needed to stand united and vigilant; Crimson Circle exists so all can combine resources and trade information to effectively ensure Silvermoon is protected and continues on its rise to power.

The Circle is a cross guild RP group consisting of predominantly Blood Elves that exists to promote quality Blood Elf RP as well as to help network players with similar interests in participating in engaging stories in the Warcraft setting. The Circle is incorporated of members playing active roles within the Blood Knights, Reliquary, Scryers, Magistry, Pathstalkers, Farstriders and more. Our goal is to provide a friendly environment where people can gather, participate in immersive storylines lore compliant with the Warcraft setting, and provide a positive example for a variety of Blood Elf RP.

I can see comparisons. For instance, we both work in a council like manner with representatives from various walks of life. We also both wish to promote Blood Elven roleplay. However, besides that, the goals you and I have both listed are not special to our individual causes; in fact, they could be applied to the race as a whole. Furthermore, the Sanguine Mantle, as I mentioned above, was formed to:

08/07/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Malredis
To combat the various groups and people who wish to control our nation and home from the inside.

I do not see any mention of that in your forum post, and I believe it is that - along with many other aspects - that sets our group apart. For instance, from what I hear, the Crimson Circle could be attributed to the far left. My information could be wrong, and I will admit it if you correct me, but that is what I have heard. The Sanguine Mantle, however, is extremely conservative; far right. There are numerous points in both politics and views that our two organisations differ.

That is my opinion on the matter. If I have swayed you, excellent, and if I have not, I am - once again - sorry for any inconvenience. My only intent was to foster some good roleplay. =)

08/08/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Alísyn
I don't get why people have to troll someone's post about what they are or aren't. Just let them promote their RP?

It's alright... I don't mind. =P
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I don't intend to drag this out any further than it needs to be as long as the understanding is left as:

08/08/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Malredis
My only intent was to foster some good roleplay.

And thus the above is all I care about. Good luck and see you in game.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
08/08/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Sinsaria
And thus the above is all I care about. Good luck and see you in game.

Thank you very much for your support. I look forward to meeting you in game. =)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
... Bump. ;)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I had something to say, but sadly I forgot it. Hmm...

*Indirect bump*
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
bumps
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Warlock
Malredis is quality. I don't doubt his group will be, as well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Can't seem to find any Belves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]