Peace.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you'll grant me a few minutes, I'd like to share a brief story about myself that I'm betting you can relate to – because you're probably going through similar and stressful experiences right now, too. The good part is, this story turns out positively, and it can for you, as well.

If you're reading this and you've never met me, I'll assure you that I'm usually a very upbeat, optimistic person. Generally, I am so positive that people say I look at life through the proverbial rose-colored glasses. But not long ago, a lot of my optimism seemed to vanish, which scared me, to tell you the truth.

It vanished because life suddenly felt heavy, like it was pushing me down with far too many pressures and worries.

It seemed the world was freaking out around me, e.g., watching my hard-earned money and retirement savings plummet with the spiraling economy. People were angry, belligerent, and just generally lacking in civility. I felt immersed in predictions of doom and gloom - and nothing that gave me much hope.

Making it worse, fear and worry seemed to be all anyone wanted to talk about at home, at work, and even with friends. I felt like I just couldn't get a break from all of the negativity. At one point, I finally felt so overwhelmed by it all, I quit listening to the news altogether.

What I wanted was to return to my happy place – my center – the place where my best energies are spent teaching and serving people instead of fighting off the stress and craziness around me.

Chances are, you understand how I felt. Maybe you're usually a pretty positive person too, but lately, you've been battling more negativity around you. And some days...it's pretty tough to keep up the battle.

Especially if you're not feeling too positive yourself.

Maybe you find it difficult to stay focused on what's good in life when everything seems chaotic at work or at home.

Ask yourselves "How do I stay positive in a freaked out world?"

Avoid getting lost in the negativity at work...
Better cope with personal and work stress...
Be a more positive leader...
Regain control of their life again...
Stay focused on their tasks...
Encourage others to be positive...
Feel like their "old self" and hopeful again...
Stop feeling so burdened and overwhelmed...
Anyway, I'd like everyone to stay as positive as possible, and quit creating useless threads such as the ones for my guild. Also, people from my guild, please stop trash-talking random threads. Thangrim may be an enemy, but he was trying to create a place for Alliance wPvPers. Isn't that what we wanted? Opposition?

I'd like to credit some on my post to a wonderful woman who wrote a book about positivism. I took some of her ideas and layered with my own experience to create the intro.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Note* I do not wish to stop the battles, in-game, but the ones that are useless on the forums. Words are not going to hurt each other, so do it with a sword in game. Dis-grace-to-the-face!
Edited by Iöve on 8/8/2012 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Posts like these give me an appreciation for what your guild does for the community. Sadly, your officers promote a hostile environment which shadows good intentions. I'm sure you understand what I'm saying. Granted, I've been baited a time or two before but said individuals, but still nice to see cooler heads can prevail. Now if only there was more of this attitude to go around perhaps things would be better for all those involved. Hopefully what you're saying is sincere, and if not.... good troll.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I honestly thought this was copypasta.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
08/09/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Boomkanye
I honestly thought this was copypasta.

OMG ME TOO!!!

but knowing love it's probably not. He's that good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I was expecting a fresh prince copypasta.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/08/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Pright
Now if only there was more of this attitude to go around perhaps things would be better for all those involved.

Agreed. Just cuz Horde and Alliance are enemies doesn't mean we can't be friends...right?
Reply Quote
3 Undead Rogue
nice post
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
08/09/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Czarnick
Now if only there was more of this attitude to go around perhaps things would be better for all those involved.

Agreed. Just cuz Horde and Alliance are enemies doesn't mean we can't be friends...right?

There are plenty of horde who are decent individuals. My alt can attest to this. But, a few can ruin it for everyone. A shame.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Best thread 2012, btw -- this is sincere!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
You, I like you, you should start a guild and fill it with people like you. Insidious Wrath doesn't suit you, they provoke a lot of fights. Granted I could be credited with starting the war between my guild and IW per my original reply to an @post. Though they weren't on the thread at the time and they seemed to take it personally.

tl:dr "I approve this thread"
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I will offer peace on the forums as long as I am henceforth referred to as Firelord Monori, and not imoron. As I originally tried to do I also apologize for the !@#$ talking and my original statement.

PS: I speak for myself and not any one in Resurrected.
PSS: Res will troll me forever for this, cherish this apology.

-Yours truly Firelord Monori.
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
iga kord kui mingi debiilik enda vigase rolleriga mööda paneb jääb mulle mulje nagu mingi mesilane tahaks mu aknast sisse lennata
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I felt like the next apple product when you said that tbh.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
08/11/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Lavontre
iga kord kui mingi debiilik enda vigase rolleriga mööda paneb jääb mulle mulje nagu mingi mesilane tahaks mu aknast sisse lennata

I put that in google translate and got this "every time you think he's doing itself a faulty scooter along will get the impression like a bee would fly in my window"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
all i can say is thank you love... thank you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]