RaF and Monks

85 Night Elf Druid
08/09/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Donal
But this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6922986 says "Players who receive a Scroll of Resurrection will not be able to apply rewards (e.g. boost to level 80) to monk characters." So which is it? Very confusing to have two different answers on the same day.

SoR isn't RaF dude.

Still an odd contradiction tho
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Will Scroll of Resurection be available to instant level a monk to 80?

No. That's answered here.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
But this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6922986 says "Players who receive a Scroll of Resurrection will not be able to apply rewards (e.g. boost to level 80) to monk characters." So which is it?

That's Scroll of Resurrection. This is about Recruit a Friend.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
08/09/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Ceindra
People who will be going for the realm first monk already have their path set, heirlooms ready, and have been studying the beta for a while. The racers will be vying for any edge they can get. If you were planning on going for realm first, you already had this planned out when the beta started.

This.

If you were expecting a fair fight, than you already lost.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
But this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6922986 says "Players who receive a Scroll of Resurrection will not be able to apply rewards (e.g. boost to level 80) to monk characters." So which is it? Very confusing to have two different answers on the same day.

Scroll of Resurrection and Refer a Friend are 2 different programs. One grants instant level 80, one grants 300% experience.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Nothing new here.. Pretty sure Worgen were allowed to do RAF upon Cata release, as well.

Scroll of Resurrection is not Recruit-a-friend.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeeeee uuuuuuuuu zharym!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
89 Troll Mage
this is just a bad idea why should someone who is lazy get realms first on a monk cused they used RaF mean while the rest of us had to do it the other way an as far as realms first goes MONKS DONT DESERVE IT END OF STORY.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Thanks for clearing that up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/09/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Allstops

Yes.

How does that even make sense? That basically says you HAVE to RAF if you want realm first....that's pretty awful

It makes sense because you'll have to re-buy all the expansions to get the realm first. Pure profit for Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
So, recruited friends will be able to grant a Monk 80 levels on release day?
Reply Quote
86 Human Warrior
Hey BIg Z. WIll monks be able to use heirloom gear?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I really love this, i dont want to spend weeks on leveleing from 1 - 80....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you were going to level a monk for the purposes of realm firs why would you NOT do it?

Seriously, come on.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
This is excellent. It's great to see that all my effort and planning wasn't for naught.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
08/09/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Zarhym
Will they still get realm first achievements?

Yes.

This is a terrible idea. That's not even a legit realm first. Just make those who use raf unable to get the realm first achievement.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Can't say I'm thrilled about this but eh, it's mostly spite because I'm gonna have to level the hard way. :c
Reply Quote
86 Troll Warrior
08/09/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Golfire
I really love this, i dont want to spend weeks on leveleing from 1 - 80....
I cannot tell if you're being sarcastic, but weeks? Barely qualifies as "days." 2-3 days with sufficient breaks is all it really takes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Is it seriously that difficult to put RaF on hold for the first week of the expansion?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]