RaF and Monks

100 Human Paladin
08/11/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Oompadoushe
Thanks...also

-What is the maximum amount of "grantable" levels a single recruit character can achieve?-
-A recruit character can gain up to 39 "grantable" levels.
-When our new Recruit a Friend program launched, the maximum number of levels a single recruit character could earn was 30. This maximum value was increased to 39 with the launch of Patch 3.0.8. This change was not retroactive.

its prob 39 per char so you wanna level 2 chars to atleast hit 78
when you say chars..are you saying characters, cuz the max is 39 per recruit, not per character he/she makes...what I think your trying to say is, I would want to level two accounts.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

It's not a fair playing field for people who aren't using RaF. RaF gives you, what, instant 80?

No, that is the Scroll of Resurrection. To have 80 grantable levels through RaF, you have to level 2 pairs of characters to 80 and save the grantable levels.

Realm firsts should be given to people who actually earned it, not given it to people who skipped 9/10 of the work.

Leveling 2 pairs of characters to 80 is not skipping 9/10 of the work. It is doing 4x the work 3x as fast. Looks earned to me.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

It's not a fair playing field for people who aren't using RaF. RaF gives you, what, instant 80?

No, that is the Scroll of Resurrection. To have 80 grantable levels through RaF, you have to level 2 pairs of characters to 80 and save the grantable levels.

Realm firsts should be given to people who actually earned it, not given it to people who skipped 9/10 of the work.

Leveling 2 pairs of characters to 80 is not skipping 9/10 of the work. It is doing 4x the work 3x as fast. Looks earned to me.

But you're not leveling a monk for those 80 levels. The achievement is to level a monk. The whole RaF thing undermines the achievement.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

its prob 39 per char so you wanna level 2 chars to atleast hit 78
when you say chars..are you saying characters, cuz the max is 39 per recruit, not per character he/she makes...what I think your trying to say is, I would want to level two accounts.

no level 2 chars each char gives the xp not accounts
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

But you're not leveling a monk for those 80 levels. The achievement is to level a monk. The whole RaF thing undermines the achievement.

Ok, so, how about this:

Say I leveled a monk form 1-90 on the beta carefully and thoughtfully. Questing, dungeons, and raiding. I spent time to provide feedback and carefully study this new class, so I have now mastered it. I now want this as my main, I just love it.

Now, I decide I am going to RaF before MoP comes out and level 2 sets of 80's so I can play my monk to it's fullest potential on day one, don't forget, I still have to tackle 80-90 straight forward, still no guarantee for realm first, but I would possibly have a chance to catch a small note of glory for all of the time and care I have invested while others took the summer off.

This is not my case, but I bet you anything, this person exists.

Who are you to say they have undermined an achievement? In my book they have earned the right to claim the glory.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

Ok, so, how about this:

Say I leveled a monk form 1-90 on the beta carefully and thoughtfully. Questing, dungeons, and raiding. I spent time to provide feedback and carefully study this new class, so I have now mastered it. I now want this as my main, I just love it.

Now, I decide I am going to RaF before MoP comes out and level 2 sets of 80's so I can play my monk to it's fullest potential on day one, don't forget, I still have to tackle 80-90 straight forward, still no guarantee for realm first, but I would possibly have a chance to catch a small note of glory for all of the time and care I have invested while others took the summer off.

Who are you to say they have undermined an achievement? In my book they have earned the right to claim the glory.

The achievement is for live servers not beta. Stuff you do on beta does not carry over. Does this mean to you that those who have killed the bosses during beta test have earned the right to skip to those?

Skipping over half of the achievement by doing something completely unrelated to the achievement undermines it.

If you think all is fair and good with the way it is set up, then that is fine. I'm here to argue my point and refute others as best I can.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Ok, so, how about this:

The achievement is for live servers not beta. Stuff you do on beta does not carry over. Does this mean to you that those who have killed the bosses during beta test have earned the right to skip to those?

Skipping over half of the achievement by doing something completely unrelated to the achievement undermines it.

If you think all is fair and good with the way it is set up, then that is fine. I'm here to argue my point and refute others as best I can.

Yes, we all know that stuff does not "carry over" from beta. But there are a great number of people who are spending time providing valuable feedback and writing strats in testing so YOU can have an optimal game experience. Just trying to at least be appreciative to people who have been so dedicated.

So, grinding leveling from 1-80 in obsolete(ish) zones for the (4th, 7th, 10th time) makes a huge difference? Yes, you sir, can have the "Glutton for Punishment" achievement.

Haven't you seen enough of Dire Maul and Sunken Temple in LFG? How does that make someone more worthy?

Work smarter, not harder.
Edited by Kaysie on 8/11/2012 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
which brings up a good point:

don't people in beta have an unfair advantage leveling to 90 since they may have done it several times already and know the fastest way to do things?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
and thats what i thought

no answer to that huh?

takes a bit to think up a new complaint.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I think people are quiet because they are trying to wonder what the heck are you talking about.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
I think he thinks he's the centre of the universe and 14 minutes between his question and reply to himself was more than enough time for it to be answered.
Edited by Prancealot on 8/11/2012 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
08/09/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Allstops
Will they still get realm first achievements?

Exactly what i want to know.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
yes, this was answerd by a Dev
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
We're not making any changes to the way RaF bonuses function, which means monks won't be excluded from receiving the benefits of RaF when Mists of Pandaria is released.

Will they still get realm first achievements?
Yes.
Edited by Oompadoushe on 8/11/2012 1:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

So... How is it fair for people that don't want to spend money/time for RaF?

How is it fair for people who had time and money for Beta?

I paid a grand total of $0 for beta access.

I'm paying $15 a month, with a year commitment however.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Not really thrilled about this idea I dont think its very fair at all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
i don't have a problem with it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
its plenty fair, just do RaF and you can do the same thing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]