RaF and Monks

85 Night Elf Death Knight
08/12/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Shampsky
All of the QQ is hilarious. Anyone who is upset about it needs to be realistic. If you hadn't planned with this in mind then you had no chance of the realm first anyway. The tryhards who want the epeen boost planned with it in mind and will get what they wanted while Blizz makes money off them for it. Anyone who matters in the RF race knows the deal and is fine with it.

Actually, people who had planned on getting the FoS through RaF would have been sorely underprepared if Blizzard hadn't made this decision. Think, then post.
Reply Quote
14 Gnome Mage
What happens when a subscription-based game makes pay-to-win decisions?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Yes, it does make business sense. But here's the thing, we aren't asking that they disable RaF and monks, we are only asking that using RaF makes you ineligible for the feat of strength.

Yes, Blizzard is a business but they still have core values which I'm sure they want to uphold. Allowing an advantage by paying and doing things completely unrelated to the achievement goes directly against them.

Why do people not get this, this is all we want we don't care about the monk being auto-leveled just don't let it be eligible for realm first.

^^^

This thread is full of people who don't understand what the others are saying.

Paying Blizzard for an advantage

What is there to misunderstand? You will tell me that it is available to all, but why is it there to begin with? WoW is not a game of paid advantages, would you be ok if Blizzard made a decision to offer more than mere aesthetics for cash?

"Who cares about realm first, it doesn't matter" is not a valid argument by the way.
Edited by Verouille on 8/13/2012 5:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
65 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/09/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Allstops

Yes.

How does that even make sense? That basically says you HAVE to RAF if you want realm first....that's pretty awful

lol realmfirst...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
you know that for any other class competing to realm first RaF will be working right? so why should monk be excluded? woundnt make any sense for me at least to have only one class working differently for RaF or realm first...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/13/2012 05:41 AMPosted by Hanners
you know that for any other class competing to realm first RaF will be working right? so why should monk be excluded? woundnt make any sense for me at least to have only one class working differently for RaF or realm first...
Every other class starts at 85 (assuming it was leveled pre MoP), while RaF is capped at 80. If you are competing on a class you haven't already leveled, using RaF, you won't be winning, since you will be competing against people who've already leveled to 85, and probably have strong 85 gear to begin with. RaF is only an advantage for monks - an unassailable one.
Edited by Delekii on 8/13/2012 6:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Look at it from a business standpoint....

If you allow this, more players will want to return to WoW or more copies and subscriptions of the game will be sold. Blizzard makes more money, the WoW population increases, more people are riding that horrible Obsidian Nightwing, and there are more people to populate LFG/LFR. Maybe the queue times won't be 30 minutes for a DPS class because more Monks will be tanks or healers... everyone gains from this.

I think it is a smart move on Blizzard's end do to this. Also, instead of complaining about it costing money to do it, why don't you get a job (or another job), save your money, ask your parents for money to get another account to do RAF.

Or you could ACTUALLY recruit a friend to play.

wait, that wouldn't make sense. Too much effort to have something handed to you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

If you allow this, more players will want to return to WoW or more copies and subscriptions of the game will be sold. Blizzard makes more money, the WoW population increases, more people are riding that horrible Obsidian Nightwing, and there are more people to populate LFG/LFR. Maybe the queue times won't be 30 minutes for a DPS class because more Monks will be tanks or healers... everyone gains from this.

I think it is a smart move on Blizzard's end do to this. Also, instead of complaining about it costing money to do it, why don't you get a job (or another job), save your money, ask your parents for money to get another account to do RAF.

wait, that wouldn't make sense. Too much effort to have something handed to you.

It's not about the cost, it's about buying an advantage for the realm first monk achievement. They can allow monks in RaF, just disable the achievement for the ones that skipped to 80.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

It's not about the cost, it's about buying an advantage for the realm first monk achievement. They can allow monks in RaF, just disable the achievement for the ones that skipped to 80.

Well, I think that if you are going to spend a few days in a row not sleeping or eating or being somewhat healthy because you are pushing for a Realm First achievement, then I think buying your way to 80 is completely acceptable. If you have to buy your way to a realm first by giving up sleep and exercise and a life outside of WoW, then there are bigger fish to fry.

I'll gladly take 8 hours of sleep over a Realm First achievement any day. Let Blizzard make their money. You will continue paying to play and paying for expansions until you move on from the game. I don't think allowing RAF to work for Monks is going to kill the business or make people quit playing. In fact, I think quite the opposite. They should generate more revenue from this release than WotLK because of the RAF for Monks.

Really though, rather than complaining about how the system doesn't work for you, why not try making the system work for you? You have over 1 month to save up the money to purchase another account. If you think it is valiant and chivalrous not to buy your way to 80, then don't. But don't complain about an achievement that you probably wouldn't get anyway.

Like the old saying goes... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Well, I think that if you are going to spend a few days in a row not sleeping or eating or being somewhat healthy because you are pushing for a Realm First achievement, then I think buying your way to 80 is completely acceptable. If you have to buy your way to a realm first by giving up sleep and exercise and a life outside of WoW, then there are bigger fish to fry.

I'll gladly take 8 hours of sleep over a Realm First achievement any day. Let Blizzard make their money. You will continue paying to play and paying for expansions until you move on from the game. I don't think allowing RAF to work for Monks is going to kill the business or make people quit playing. In fact, I think quite the opposite. They should generate more revenue from this release than WotLK because of the RAF for Monks.

Really though, rather than complaining about how the system doesn't work for you, why not try making the system work for you? You have over 1 month to save up the money to purchase another account. If you think it is valiant and chivalrous not to buy your way to 80, then don't. But don't complain about an achievement that you probably wouldn't get anyway.

Like the old saying goes... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
So basically, you don't care so it doesn't matter. It's got nothing to do with saving up to buy it.. it's a cost that shouldn't be incurred to undertake the activity. "It's the way it is, so too bad" isn't a valid argument. It's the status quo, nothing more.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
So...how many of you have a realm first, raise your hand? None of the complainers do? I didn't think so.

It was a level playing field then, what stopped you from getting it then?
Edited by Raiya on 8/13/2012 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
So...how many of you have a realm first, raise your hand? None of the complainers do? I didn't think so.

Because only one person can win per realm? Does that mean we shouldn't be afforded the opportunity to try?

In fact, those that HAVE won it before are probably more likely to be blazee about it, since they have already got the achievement.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
As someone with RaF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8A37oWSd6w
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

*raises hand*

Yeah, I have it. So to answer your question, nothing stopped me from getting it then... because I did get it.

Not sure why that matters though...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
So I just farmed 8 pieces of BoA gear and bought 2000g worth of lowbie enchants for nothing? So much for being competitive. :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
OKay... I am not going to be a realm first. Never plan on it, and not going to do it. So I have no dog in this fight.

That said, I have to say this is pretty poor planning on Blizz's part. right up there with Brewfest. Those who do plan or planned on going for realm first have my sympathies.
Edited by Linias on 8/14/2012 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i have a realm first and i don't like the idea of monks included in this but what can ya do
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight

*also raises hand*

There's quite a few of us showing up in this thread, actually. For some of us, Realm Firsts were a rare challenge that suited our abilities to prepare and endure a long grind. Allowing RaF people to take Realm Firsts is no different than allowing them to take any other achievement away from people who are really doing what the achievement involved - except that when they take this it really does prevent others from getting it. If this were allowing RaF to easily get a Battlemaster title or a Fiery Warhorse or a full set of t14, that would be kind of lame, but at least those don't prevent someone else from doing the same thing in the intended manner. Realm First 90 Monk would have been an impressive achievement. Now it is all but meaningless because the real work involved is paying Blizzard money.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
RAF yourself, dual box 8 pairs of toons to 20, which nearly any computer can handle with min settings. done, didn't even have to buy anything. maybe had to spend the trivial amount to activate the first month to use raf, but not sure about that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/14/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Nashurelee
RAF yourself, dual box 8 pairs of toons to 20, which nearly any computer can handle with min settings. done, didn't even have to buy anything. maybe had to spend the trivial amount to activate the first month to use raf, but not sure about that.
You can't grant levels to characters below your level.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]