RaF and Monks

85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/13/2012 03:36 AMPosted by Reinette
All of the QQ is hilarious. Anyone who is upset about it needs to be realistic. If you hadn't planned with this in mind then you had no chance of the realm first anyway. The tryhards who want the epeen boost planned with it in mind and will get what they wanted while Blizz makes money off them for it. Anyone who matters in the RF race knows the deal and is fine with it.

Actually, people who had planned on getting the FoS through RaF would have been sorely underprepared if Blizzard hadn't made this decision. Think, then post.

Actually, someone who is truly prepared factors in every scenario, even if it ultimately doesn't come to pass. Very successful people in any area deal with a lot of "what ifs".
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue
LF someone who is willing to Refer a Friend that is also willing to pay for the account that i send the raf to
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue
LF someone to Refer a friend who is willing to pay.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue
sorry didnt see the post go up on my first post
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
And any of the people complaining here could have spent the 10$ sale Blizzard have and obtained Vanilla/TBC/Wrath for a measly 10$. You watch for sales for a reason.

I understand people who feel it is morally wrong to not put money into "pay to win" options to not buy.

Problem is, is that your opinions are the opposite of Blizzard's. When you have an opinion against the ones making the rules, you unfortunately lose.

I am planning on using RaF on a monk, but I wont be doing any nonsense to go for realm first. The reality of it is anyone whos seriously going for realm first wouldnt be complaining about it here, they would be busy spending these last few weeks preparing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
And any of the people complaining here could have spent the 10$ sale Blizzard have and obtained Vanilla/TBC/Wrath for a measly 10$. You watch for sales for a reason.

I understand people who feel it is morally wrong to not put money into "pay to win" options to not buy.

Problem is, is that your opinions are the opposite of Blizzard's. When you have an opinion against the ones making the rules, you unfortunately lose.

I am planning on using RaF on a monk, but I wont be doing any nonsense to go for realm first. The reality of it is anyone whos seriously going for realm first wouldnt be complaining about it here, they would be busy spending these last few weeks preparing.
Are you kidding? You are trying to say that we should have PRE-EMTIVELY bought a SECOND copy of a game that we already own incase Blizzard makes the ridiculously non-intuitive decision to make it beneficial to buy a second copy of a game that we already own in order to compete in a race for an achievement?

Logical.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Zarhymns confirmation is still ambiguous. what I would really like answered is whether any Grant a levels earned NOW can be spent on granting levels to a monk when MoP drops.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
08/17/2012 01:38 AMPosted by Freshmaker
Zarhymns confirmation is still ambiguous. what I would really like answered is whether any Grant a levels earned NOW can be spent on granting levels to a monk when MoP drops.

Well, I'd love some clarification, then. Are they really trying to ruin half the fun of release week? Because so far it doesn't look too good.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
that statement doesnt make any sense chrome - how would it ruin anyone's fun? Theres nothing fun about hitting grant level 80 times on another toon lol. Its like milling herbs.

But some clarity would at least provide me the information i need to know whether leveling two toons now is just a waste of time before i waste my time.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
that statement doesnt make any sense chrome - how would it ruin anyone's fun? Theres nothing fun about hitting grant level 80 times on another toon lol. Its like milling herbs.

But some clarity would at least provide me the information i need to know whether leveling two toons now is just a waste of time before i waste my time.

I'm not sure how much clearer you want him to be. He said RaF benefits would work on Monk, its not like they are going to pick and choose small things from that list. They are going to work, so help your friend get two 80's (which takes maybe, maybe 2 weeks tops) and you'll get a free level 80 Monk out of the deal. Sure, I won't be eligible for achievements, because I have every single character slot full@85's meaning I'll have to transfer over, I'll still be able to skip the annoying mundane crap I've now done 10 times -.-;

The type of people doing what I'm doing are the more dedicated players that want all their character slots filled with level capped characters (because it costs money and still actual time for the 2 80's you already need to level with your friend helping them along) and most are likely in the same boat and don't have the space available. So I won't be taking your precious server first away (that you already had no chance of getting). 3 of my friends who are also all 85 capped are in the same boat.

So saying people that are using RaF to get this "free" level 80 while others criticize it as bad need to realize we are leveling 2 different 80's with a friend to do so. There is nothing free about it because we are still leveling characters to achieve our goal. We are just doing it earlier than you.
Edited by Joyeuset on 8/17/2012 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

I'm not sure how much clearer you want him to be. He said RaF benefits would work on Monk, its not like they are going to pick and choose small things from that list. They are going to work, so help your friend get two 80's (which takes maybe, maybe 2 weeks tops) and you'll get a free level 80 Monk out of the deal. Sure, I won't be eligible for achievements, because I have every single character slot full@85's meaning I'll have to transfer over, I'll still be able to skip the annoying mundane crap I've now done 10 times -.-;

The type of people doing what I'm doing are the more dedicated players that want all their character slots filled with level capped characters (because it costs money and still actual time for the 2 80's you already need to level with your friend helping them along) and most are likely in the same boat and don't have the space available. So I won't be taking your precious server first away (that you already had no chance of getting). 3 of my friends who are also all 85 capped are in the same boat.

So saying people that are using RaF to get this "free" level 80 while others criticize it as bad need to realize we are leveling 2 different 80's with a friend to do so. There is nothing free about it because we are still leveling characters to achieve our goal. We are just doing it earlier than you.

Im going to make the wile assumption that you either didnt read my post in full or you didn understand it, because your response also makes no sense.

Let me better illustrate for you my issue with zarhyms response and my allof comment about leveling via clicking a monk to 80 with grant a levels and how i likend it to milling herbs.

But before we get started, i just want to highlight i have absolutely no clue about this "So I won't be taking your precious server first away (that you already had no chance of getting)" comment. I didnt ellude tro it, dont plan on going for it or even mention it. The reason im highlighting THIS part of your vitriolic comment is because its the bit that really highlights assumption that you either didnt read my post in full or you didn understand it.

its not like they are going to pick and choose small things from that list

Oh, so blizzard have not minced tehir words in the past or relied on technicalities after the fact to stand by what they said as true?

The reason i find zarhyms response ambiguous is because zarhym answers an ambiguous question. It seems like a direct question, but my friend, it is so broad, that people relting on the answer should know better. RAF could change its format before mop to only giving you 2x bonus xp, any grant a levels earned now could be seen as too powerfull and dropped to granting a level every 3 levels instead of 2, and as longh as monks benefited, they would still be right and QQ would ensue.

Think back to the Beta access/anual pass debacle - ALA people who purchase the annual pass will get guaranteed beta access when it goes live. VS you will gewt guaranteed access to the beta (when it is live), although we will stagger the invites.

While I wasnt one of the people who expected an inv to beta day 1, nor did i qq, i totally understood the power of getting clearer answers to parts of questions that actually mattered to me.

So all those people who were blinded like dears when the launcher advertised the annual pass benefits, and hit "sign up" without thinking aboput the logistics of the actual deal simply took a line of text to mean what they wanted it to mean, and yet blizzard were still right on a technicality. All annual pass holders received an invite to beta.

So when somone says "Monks will benefit for RAF" other questions arise because they didn not get asked as part of the original query.

1. will grant a levels earned now work on monk or will new ones need to be earned.
2. will the RAF format remain the same as we know it today when MoP goes live - ie xp bonus, friend summon and grant alevel being earned every 2 levels for the recruit.

Now to highl;ight to you why i made comment to Chromes post not making sense you need to reread his post, Ill post it here for you so you dont have to scroll up too far

Are they really trying to ruin half the fun of release week? Because so far it doesn't look too good.

how would what they do with RAF ruin half the fun of release week? They could remove raf and people would still have fun. There's a whole new expac to explore. RAF is not the bit that makes this game fun, its the bit that makes grinding levels more efficient to skip content to get to end game. End game wont change, just how long it takes you to get there. the fun is not going anywhere. Hitting 80 grant a levels on a toon IS like milling herbs and doesn't affect the actual mechanic of PLAYING this game for fun.

My aloof comment likening granting 80 levels to milling herbs was to illustrate the above statement i just made in a more subtle, non direct way. Unfortunately i cant account for the general populations ability to read between thelines. That was my only mistake.

If people find the end game fun and want to get there ASAP - they have a week to do so. with RAF (starting 1-90) you can get there in 2-4 days of heavy gaming with Grant a level on your monk to 80 and then leveling normally from 80-90 will still take 2 days of heavy gaming. see, end (raid) content is not starting for a week till after release.

Now im unsure where the criticism i make is that you're referring to. In fact my questions and comment to chrome and zarhym are entirely valid.

Given i will be RAFing myself and multi boxing those 2 toons for granting levels, I am entirely justified in being concerned whether the acc i buy now and waste the next several days on leveling is a waste of time or not. If grant a levels wont work the same, ima go outside or something instead, dig?

TL;DR - Learn to read.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not going to quote you because you posted an entire book (Stephen King =p). My post did talk about some things specifically and I'm sorry if you thought they were directed at you. They were directed at people thinking RaF was unfair and ruined the game. The people using it are going to have to work for it and I was letting all the people who said that know. So I'm sorry if you thought I was specifically replying to you about that issue.

I only wanted to reply to you about the RaF bonuses. The reason I'm so sure its going to work in its entirety is because I'm sure it's a fairly complex system and them making HUGE changes to accompany a specific class may likely be out of the equation altogether. That is why I have no doubt the RaF is going to work with the granting of levels, it would make no sense not to from a time --> result ratio. They are working on releasing an expansion and making sure their servers are stable, I doubt they have some guy named Bill in the Blizzard basement specifically hired to screw people over who are wanting to RaF level grant a Monk which could cause huge issues due to untested changes in the program.

The blue poster saying Monks will be eligible for RaF bonuses is enough for me to make it clear they are going to allow all aspects of it. Look how quick they were to fix people thinking Monks / Pandaren were going to be able for creation on August 28th due to the way the release was worded many thought they would be able to. A blue poster came back and told people it wasn't as they thought and you wouldn't be able to create a Monk or play as a Pandaren until MoP was released.
Edited by Joyeuset on 8/17/2012 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
thanks for clarifying regarding your post -

i get your points about value of time spend at this point in time. Although I'm sure changes such as the ones i mentioned are just as easily adjustable conditionals as the conditionals currently being used to adjust talents on beta a right now. There would need to be no change to RAF "program" in it to change the values of points it awards so to speak.

The point you make about how quickly they responded to the monks/panderans being able to be created issue is because of the resounding volume of uncertainty that comment made. With this RAF thing, people accepted the first answer they got basically - job done. The panda creation comment is also another perfect example of how what blizz says can be interpreted differently by different people. Can you imagine the scenario if clarification wasnt sought/given?

for me, personally,clarity is still required for me to be as comfortable as you are with the statement Zarhym made.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
@Freshmaker:

When I said that Zarhym's post makes it look like half the fun of week one, I meant that for a lot of people, week one was strictly going to be the race to 90 on the new class. I personally have been looking forward to the Realm First race for months, and I set aside BoAs, gold, and time to participate. I even put in a lot of practice in the low-leveled zones to make sure I had a fast route. If Zarhym really means that you'll be able to grant levels to a brand new monk on day one and skip the first 80 levels, one of the biggest excitements of week one is thrown out the window. It's going to make a lot of people unhappy, as you can see. If that's not what Zarhym meant (which looks unlikely) then someone from Blizzard really needs to clarify.

Beyond week one, there's still a lot of fun stuff to look forward to in Mists of Pandaria, and I'm still really excited. But those first few days of the expansion are extremely important to a lot of people, and half of the challenge is potentially gone now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I feel kind of bad for the people that are upset about realm firsts and can't afford to do it, but me personally and thrilled to get Monk at 80 from grant levels just because I am our guild GM, I want to main monk so this gets me closer to week 2 raids. Some people complained that they have full slots and this is unfair for them. I also have 10 85's on my server but just decided to delete them. You are getting them back anyways.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
08/09/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Allstops

That's incorrect. There aren't realm first achievements for the races, but there are for each class.

Could you comment on the important question please? Why do they still get realm first? How is that a "feat of strength", should be called a "feat of LOL"
I really would like to see the answer to this guys question..... I would say there is a fairly large negative sentiment regarding giving monks realm first when they skip the first 80 levels with a minimal amount of prep and $60 US..... I wanted to have a legit shot at realm first and have spent many many hours practicing and planning and this RAF being available on day 1 and not excluding users from major feats of strength really bothers me, probably more than anything you have done since removing practice arenas and anything else prior to that. so whats up bliz??? Don't be like that... if you aren't allowing SOR why would you be cool with RAF on day 1?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The realm first achievement for a monk is BS but honestly if you are one of the people to go and take the time too stand in one spot and grant 80 levels to a monk is retarded all they are doing is giving the level 85's a better chance at real first cause they arent playing a main too hit 90 so i say let them idiots go back and level a monk and give the rest of us a 5 level head start so its really us thats getting a boost and not them.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Then clearly worrying about getting realm first for race/class/level is a waste of time for you. Its not blizzard's problem that you can't take advantage of the many ways available to level faster.

The same argument against RaF etc would apply to "its not fair that some ppl who live in mommy's basement can play 24/7 but i work and have a life" So what... we should cap levels then so everyone is forced to proceed at the exact same pace as everyone else? Its that kinda harebrained thinking that homogenized the classes to near irrelevency. The quest for "balance" is nonsense. Fairness is simply everyone having "access" to the same tools, and the rules being the same for all. PERIOD.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Then go find a way to take advantage of Raf. RaF is helping blizz get more subs, which is what they care about. Not whether you yourself want realm first.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]