RaF and Monks

74 Orc Warlock
LOL realm first is now even more meaningless then it was before
congrats to the people that paid real money to get this!!
Edited by Toadface on 8/9/2012 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/09/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Wuthappen
MONKS DONT DESERVE IT END OF STORY.
How is it unfair to allow Monks to get realm first achievements?

RaF bonuses offer an advantage, but they offer the same advantages to all classes.

What did I miss?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/09/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Scøtt
So, recruited friends will be able to grant a Monk 80 levels on release day?

This would be a nice clarification =)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

RaF bonuses offer an advantage, but they offer the same advantages to all classes.

What did I miss?

Not necessarily.
All other classes will be starting at level 85. Monks, however, will be starting at 1.
Therefore, a player who would want to obtain Realm First! Monk would be required to RaF and obtain 79 grant a levels.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed. I wasn't planning on rolling Monk but I know a few players who wanted to try to obtain Realm First! Monk in my guild.
Edited by Novalas on 8/9/2012 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
21 Draenei Priest
08/09/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Zarhym
Will they still get realm first achievements?

Yes.

That's.. amazing.

Way to set it up so that we have to give extra money to Blizzard if we want to go for Realm First 90.

Level playing field my !@#.
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Duboomchikin
So, recruited friends will be able to grant a Monk 80 levels on release day?

This would be a nice clarification =)

Exactly. I'd like to see it in print that all benefits are usable, including granted levels.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Something that everyone seems to be missing is the level for RaF. It STOPS at 80. Which means Monks still need to level from 80 to 90, while the rest of us are only doing 85 to 90.

They still have a bit of a challenge, which will be made semi-more difficult based on the fact that any dungeon queues people choose to do for 80 to 85 will be, probably, others who RaF'd as well :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Not necessarily.
All other classes will be starting at level 85.
Monks, however, will be starting at 1.
Therefore, a player who would want to obtain Realm First! Monk would be required to RaF and obtain 79 grant a levels.

Not quite. You'd also have to be a non-Pandaren unless you're able to get off the island fast enough.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

What did I miss?

Not necessarily.
All other classes will be starting at level 85. Monks, however, will be starting at 1.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed. I wasn't planning on rolling Monk but I know a few players who wanted to try to obtain Realm First! Monk in my guild.

I see your point.

I still don't see it as game-breaking, but I see your point. : )
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
08/09/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Seiryu
Not quite. You'd also have to be a non-Pandaren unless you're able to get off the island fast enough.

True. Non-Pandaren would have a distinct advantage over Pandaren.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/09/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Zarhym
Will Scroll of Resurection be available to instant level a monk to 80?

No. That's answered [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6922986/Scroll_of_Resurrection_Update_for_Mists_of_Pandaria_-8_9_2012"]here[/url].

I knew you weren't going to let people SoR, but if the RaF bonuses count towards realm first it really makes no sense to me. Even before when exp was higher and without heirlooms during Wrath I was able to powerlevel a character to 80 in under 3 days time. I can only imagine it will take less than 1 day with the RAF bonuses, so you preventing people from using SoR really makes no sense to me. I'm sure many others in this thread and around the internet are scratching their heads with your dart board decisions on account wide mounts and things like this lately.
Edited by Joyeuset on 8/9/2012 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Will you be able to grant levels from the characters you've leveled in advance? This would ultimately give you an instant level 80 Monk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Realm first leveling is srs bsns.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Only thing I'm looking for clarification on is if I will be able to grant 80 RaF earned grantable levels to a monk when MoP launches. I want to know if my time leveling toons in the mean time will be wasted or not.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
08/09/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Artisiveyjr
Will you be able to grant levels from the characters you've leveled in advance? This would ultimately give you an instant level 80 Monk.

Yes.

We're not making any changes to the way RaF bonuses function, which means monks won't be excluded from receiving the benefits of RaF when Mists of Pandaria is released.

He says that they're not making *any* changes to the way RaF bonuses function.
If they're not making *any* changes and Monks aren't excluded from the benefits, it's safe to assume that Grant A Level will be available for use.
Edited by Novalas on 8/9/2012 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/09/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Donal
But this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6922986 says "Players who receive a Scroll of Resurrection will not be able to apply rewards (e.g. boost to level 80) to monk characters." So which is it? Very confusing to have two different answers on the same day.

Scroll of Resurrection is not Recruit a Friend

Scroll of resurrection = former player w/ account returning

Recruit a Friend = new wow account

MANY people will purchase battlechest (Classic+TBC) and associate this second wow account (wow2) to their Battle.net account. They'll run the game in windowed mode and log into both wow1 and wow2 account simultaneous. They'll put one account on follow and set the loot to group loot. While in party, both characters will be leveling at 300% xp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]