RaF and Monks

90 Human Rogue
So you are still able to grant the Monk 79 levels right?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I used RAF to make another account, bought expansion when they were at discounted price, cost me 10$.

Used macros and ran 2 WoW clients to do questing and dungeons to level 2 + 2 Characters to 80.

My played time on each character is around 15 hours, which was speard over 3 weeks. considering there is not much to do in game till MoP comes, I think it was worth it.

Benefit? well I can start my Monk straight in Cata zones and probably move to Pandaria in a day or two at most.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
08/09/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Cyous
That is NOT a fair playing field for Realm Firsts.

I'm not sure there ever was a level playing field. On Blade's Edge, some guy got the realm first achieve for 525 cooking within 10 minutes of the launch. I'm still scratching my head wondering how he got there without having tokens to buy the Cata recipes or where he farmed the meats. If you figure it out, let me know.

Edited for clarity
Edited by Sufia on 9/19/2012 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I COULD use RaF to level a Monk. I am capable of using my second account (which I only activated for the mount thingy) to boost a monk to 80 at release.

Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't though. The Monk FoS for 90 won't get any respect anyways. What would be the point of a FoS for a class that could have boosted to 80 instead of leveling the whole way.

Now, Monk first to 95 I might try for. It will have some integrity left.

Pay to win isn't really my model. I don't mind paying for some things in games but paying for gear/levels/etc isn't something I really respect. It's like paying gold farmers where you can look cool.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
08/09/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Holypenguin

That's incorrect. There aren't realm first achievements for the races, but there are for each class.

So... How is it fair for people that don't want to spend money/time for RaF?

You're kidding right? Hey chicken little! Rofl
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
So many things affect leveling speed now that realm firsts for class max level haven't had a fair playing field in ages, so who cares? This is no different.

It's not like realm first gets you anything anyways, besides being lonely at the top for a while.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
I think it's damn sad that people who aren't using RAF have no hope in hell in getting realm first, but myself.. I find realm firsts to be stupid.

Realm first to whatever they went for, but also realm first to end up bored and sitting in some city twiddling their thumbs and whining on the forums that there's not enough content or stuff isn't how they want it.

Also people maxing out cata profs in ten minutes after the expac went live, imo, was an exploit, but eh.. whatever.

It's borked, so I just plan to play for myself with some buddies which is what this game was originally intended to achieve and have some fun. Everyone else should do so as well.

That said, I DO feel that monk class should be excluded from realm firsts via RAF because ANYBODY can farm up the justice or honor for heirlooms and not everybody can whip out extra cash for a second account. I don't want to hear 'but it just cost ONLY this amount!'.. may be true, but some people don't equate that extra 'whatever' into it if things are tight and yes, they play a sub game because it's their ONE thing they budget for in a month.

Beats wasting 15 dollars on a meal that has you parked on the toilet for 2 hours the following day :D

Edit: And before anyone goes 'wahh not everyone has the TIME to get heirlooms!' argument, don't feed me that bollocks. I been doing a couple heroics a day (woo! one hour! IF that and I queue as dps no less by myself!) and I've been collecting enough JP to buy the gear/weapons just fine.
Edited by Yukai on 9/21/2012 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Mage
QUIT !@#$%ING AND PLAY WOW OR /UNINSTALL AND QUIT k thx QQ some more. jesus im tired of seeing everyone QQing all over forums bout this
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
09/21/2012 11:59 PMPosted by Frostygirl
QUIT !@#$%ING AND PLAY WOW OR /UNINSTALL AND QUIT k thx QQ some more. jesus im tired of seeing everyone QQing all over forums bout this

Because.. you want to use real life money to break the spirit of the game to gain a huge advantage over other players who play legitimately? YOU don't say!!

Blizzard is treading on dangerous ground by making this akin to pay to play advantages and mini-malls.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Because.. you want to use real life money to break the spirit of the game to gain a huge advantage over other players who play legitimately? YOU don't say!!

Blizzard is treading on dangerous ground by making this akin to pay to play advantages and mini-malls.

A huge advantage over other players who play legitimately? I don't believe that giving someone the option to play with a friend and have them be able to grant levels to your characters to keep up is a huge advantage. I find this argument akin to saying that because it isn't being released after Christmas it is giving a huge advantage to people who have jobs and can buy the expansion now. I am sure there is a 12-13 year old sitting out there wishing they could compete in a server first race but they aren't getting the expansion until there parents buy it for them. But since I have a job and money I can buy things when I want so I can compete if I choose too but by doing this I understand if I want to level a monk I will have to put in some extra money/convince a friend to play wow in order to get a monk to 80 on day one. You also have to remember you pay to play the game now if you want to play it differently then you might have to pay more to do extra crazy things. If I want to play 5 characters at once I have to pay for 5 accounts at the same time. If I want to have server first monk I will have to have my friend or myself level 2 level 80's on another account before MOP drops. I don't see how Blizzard is treading on dangerous ground at all I personally think they are doing fine.

-Hodgkins

PS I don't plan on being server first monk because I am not going to take a day or two off of work for an achievement.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Pay 2 win
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
I am doing RAF with my main account to go monk - may shoot for server first monk, may not. Just want to get to 90 to raid with the guild asap. It is a legit feature; yea, you may not be able to afford it and you lose out, but then again people pay for mounts/pets to get achieves so, I don't see how this is different. Oh well.
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Death Knight
If anyone complain about RaF granting up to 80 a monk and all the fuzz about First realm achiv, they should think about other class. 1st realm achiv for "lets say" pally that only did 85-90 is unfair to . i vote 1st realm should be 1 to 90 any class no looms, guild perks, no 300% xp bonus. or just make it 1st realm 85-90 achiv.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I know lots of people who did RAF while the games were cheap and have all the levels set up for their pandas. I personally think its a little cheap. But to each their own I guess.

08/09/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Ceindra
People who will be going for the realm first monk already have their path set, heirlooms ready, and have been studying the beta for a while. The racers will be vying for any edge they can get. If you were planning on going for realm first, you already had this planned out when the beta started.

My husband got a realm first on his shaman. He didnt plan anything, he just played. Some people still have a chance if they just level fast, and have the right server to do so.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
What the !@#$ Blizzard?
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Rogue
Was not expecting Blizzard to do this, what a terrible idea. Most definitely a case of Pay 2 Win.
Reply Quote
will the RaF benefits stop at 85 because it currently stops at 80
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
08/09/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Lirath
That's incorrect. There aren't realm first achievements for the races, but there are for each class.

Still incredibly dumb that unless a server is dead the only way to even have a chance at the server first monk FoS is by leveling characters BEFORE MoP comes out with RaF and skip the monk straight to 80 to even have a chance... great... achievement not really achieving anything, cool...
My lord someone has spoken the answer to all achievments!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Wow. I just made level 41 on my monk before I read this. How disappointing.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
what I do not understand is why people are complaining? 2 hours of real life work equals almost enough for another account, depending on income. or you can spend 3 weeks in game working to get it to the same point. it is more about preference, and if money is a issue stop working in game and work in real life. i don't, but i don't complain bout it either =p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]