RaF and Monks

85 Worgen Druid
08/09/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Zarhym
Will they still get realm first achievements?

Yes.

So basically we have to spend extra money to have any chance of getting a realm first? I mean it makes sense from a business perspective but yea....
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
08/09/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Onemanzoo
People realize realm firsts for classes and races were removed in in Cata launch, right? Boosting a character using RAF levels doesnt give anyone an unfair advantage. There will be no realm first MONK, or realm first PANADARIAN.. only realm first 85

That's incorrect. There aren't realm first achievements for the races, but there are for each class.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I don't get why blizzard just doesn't allow people who use raf to get the server first achievement.
As it is right now, everyone going for server first doesn't agree with raf being useable. While everyone who agrees with it, only cares about reaching 90 asap in order to gear up for raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
08/09/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
People realize realm firsts for classes and races were removed in in Cata launch, right? Boosting a character using RAF levels doesnt give anyone an unfair advantage. There will be no realm first MONK, or realm first PANADARIAN.. only realm first 85

That's incorrect. There aren't realm first achievements for the races, but there are for each class.

Could you comment on the important question please? Why do they still get realm first? How is that a "feat of strength", should be called a "feat of LOL"
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
08/09/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Trogdoroth
Allowing people to pay to gain an advantage in this race which is suppose to be fair is just bull!@#$, one of blizzards core values is even play fair, how is this fair at all.

So then i assume race-changing to get a competitive advantage on cutting-edge PVE content is something you're against as well? What about race changing to human or undead for PVP?

Allowing RAF is great because it works for casuals and hardcore players alike.

Also, last i checked, realm first FoS are not a critical part of the game that you need compete for. They are purely a vanity thing, akin to the Blizzard Store mounts and pets. I assume you take issue with that too?

I'm just looking for some consistency here, because frankly it seems as if you upset because something slightly inconveniences you.
Edited by Sarkasmos on 8/9/2012 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Undead Hunter
08/09/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Trogdoroth
Allowing people to pay to gain an advantage in this race which is suppose to be fair is just bull!@#$, one of blizzards core values is even play fair, how is this fair at all.

By that logic no one should be able to use heirlooms, guilds or friends. It's just another rule to the race.

it's like this:

You're in a swimming race, for 10 dollars you can get a pair of flippers, or just go for it on your own. someone buys a pair of flippers and wins. Option was given to all.

Is it fair, ethical, and all that? Maybe, maybe not, but it's their race, thier rules. We just have to play by them.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
08/09/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Allstops

Could you comment on the important question please? Why do they still get realm first? How is that a "feat of strength", should be called a "feat of LOL"
It's still more work than leveling a toon from 85-90. If you're going to give one to toons that are already 85 when the expansion launches, then there's no reason to restrict monks even if they use RAF and heirloom boosts.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
I don't get why blizzard just doesn't allow people who use raf to get the server first achievement.
As it is right now, everyone going for server first doesn't agree with raf being useable. While everyone who agrees with it, only cares about reaching 90 asap in order to gear up for raiding.

I'm going for server first and I agree with it. It takes time and coordination and preparation to do this, not to mention that to do this effectively it is double the time investment since you will have to level two characters to level 80 before MoP is released.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

Still incredibly dumb that unless a server is dead the only way to even have a chance at the server first monk FoS is by leveling characters BEFORE MoP comes out with RaF and skip the monk straight to 80 to even have a chance... great... achievement not really achieving anything, cool...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It makes sense because you'll have to re-buy all the expansions to get the realm first. Pure profit for Blizzard.

Pretty much this.

It's very clearly not fair and a bogus achievement as implemented. But too many people will buy into it and dump even more cash just to compete for it.

Really, really disappointing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Yes.

We're not making any changes to the way RaF bonuses function, which means monks won't be excluded from receiving the benefits of RaF when Mists of Pandaria is released.

Just so I have this straight before doing RaF, while the SoR insta-80 won't work we can bank levels for granting them to the Monk via RaF?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

So... How is it fair for people that don't want to spend money/time for RaF?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

It still seems like a terrible idea. Cant you just like wait two weeks before letting monks benefit from it?
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
I really like the idea, for me i dont care about the RF, but skipping from 1 - 80 with RAF its a relief, because i have kind of short time to play, leveleing to 80 would take at least 30 hours, thats the amount of time i play on 15 days... and i dont want to se 1 day of new content and 14 of the same old stuff, or more days.... and only 5 lvls from pandaria will make Cata content enjoyable once more for me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
i can get an achievment for dinging level 10 for 10 points, or I can get realm first monk (class achievement) by leveling 2 irrelevant characters to 80 and busting my !@#$ through cata and mop content......

the hell is the point of class based achievement that is entirely dependent on not playing that class? magical logic is magical.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]