RaF and Monks

85 Gnome Rogue
If im correct, you should be able to RaF a new account a few days before the xpac launches, you both level two characters 1-80 together, and then your friend grants 40 levels each to your monk when you get the xpac, basically achieving instant level 80 monk the second of release. Correct?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
08/09/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Golfire
Im on this thread because this thread is abour RaF not about RF, so it seems that the one who is in a wrong thread is you.
I was under the impression that was cleared up post #2. guess every other post here is pointless. time to start another thread! oh wait that's against the guidelines but someone already did it and its getting zero attention from blizzard. go fig.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/09/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Lirath
Im on this thread because this thread is abour RaF not about RF, so it seems that the one who is in a wrong thread is you.
I was under the impression that was cleared up post #2. guess every other post here is pointless. time to start another thread! oh wait that's against the guidelines but someone already did it and its getting zero attention from blizzard. go fig.

So then u r giving me the reason to post here?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
08/09/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Foucault
If im correct, you should be able to RaF a new account a few days before the xpac launches, you both level two characters 1-80 together, and then your friend grants 40 levels each to your monk when you get the xpac, basically achieving instant level 80 monk the second of release. Correct?
This is what I am curious about. If RAF is allowed for the XP bonus, does this include the granting of levels? Or will this part be turned off?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/09/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Zarhym
Will they still get realm first achievements?

Yes.

This is an incredibly unfair advantage over someone who don't have the means to multibox for a couple of months or bringing a legitimate friend into the the game at this time.

If you're going to allow them to RAF themselves to 80 in a few hours, you may as well let them SOR a secondary account/friend as well. The time to get 1-80 isn't that long when RAF'ed.

As far as Realm First for a class, RAF breaks the challenge for a new class. And arguably for ones existing even now, though that's less of an issue since there's so many starting off from Square 85, and not Square 1.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
It seems rather illegitimate to give realm first to people who use recruit a friend. People really don't care to begin with but ehh just seems very very wrong to be able to get realm first with instant levels and raf exp boost.
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Lirath
And the part about making new friends?
omitted because you are insane if you think its perfectly normal for someone to go out of their way to find a random person to play WoW with them (in a finite timeframe) in between work and school and any other obligations at all.

lemme just go to my local club buy a nice girl a drink and ask "hey, wanna play WoW with me? I need you to be on at least 6-10 hours a day for a week before september 25th." real smooth.

Color me insane then, I have the title. And I never said a random person. At my last job, I got my boss, 3 co-workers and my boss' boss to try the game. That's just one example. School is a great place to make friends. If you choose not to, or not to try, then that's your own prerogative. But you do definitely have the option.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/09/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Kaitelynn

Yes.

This is an incredibly unfair advantage over someone who don't have the means to multibox for a couple of months or bringing a legitimate friend into the the game at this time.

If you're going to allow them to RAF themselves to 80 in a few hours, you may as well let them SOR a secondary account/friend as well. The time to get 1-80 isn't that long when RAF'ed.

As far as Realm First for a class, RAF breaks the challenge for a new class. And arguably for ones existing even now, though that's less of an issue since there's so many starting off from Square 85, and not Square 1.

so is fair to someone who have the means to play midweek 3 or 4 consecutive days and have a friend who can cover him while he sleeps?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
08/09/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Golfire
No, I'm saying the topic changed mediated after the second post. I became about the RF FoS. which you decided to comment on even though you don't give a crap about it.

If you're worried the people wanting the FoS to have any real significance in comparison to the other classes had there way no one could use RaF to level, than it has already been suggested that RaF just disqualifies you from the achievement.

If you are posting because you want to RaF and get the Achievment than you are not in this thread because of RaF. you are here for the FoS.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
looks its time for me to make a 2ed account and level up that account to make sure i can be competitive and assure i get a raid spot as a monk..

great idea blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/09/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Lirath
No, I'm saying the topic changed mediated after the second post. I became about the RF FoS. which you decided to comment on even though you don't give a crap about it.

If you are posting because you want to RaF and get the Achievment than you are not in this thread because of RaF. you are here for the FoS.

So if i star to talk about puppies here, the topic changes? im here because i want to post how good i feel about how its going to work, they already anounced it, its not going to change even if ppl cry a river, i want to say this, as i do when i dont like something too, because this forums are for the users opinion, so u come here and say to me that i shouldnt be posting here about this?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
This is a terrible attempt to garnish more money by Blizzard. An expansion release is akin to when new servers came online during earlier times: it allowed for a leveling competition from one to the end. It's not something made available to anyone anymore because of the decrease in players and horrible server population imbalances (NOTE: I am not even remotely close to saying WoW is dying here).

The only time realm firsts were purchasable occurred during ToGC where guilds would transfer after missing out on Tribute to Insanity for the week. Players noticed that through the use of money certain players were able to garnish a severe advantage over others who opted to play the game regularly. The actions of those involved where publicly pointed out. We now have in place a sixty day waiting period after realm transferring in order for eligibility for a realm first. This was in place specifically because a large player majority saw something innately wrong with purchasing a realm first.

Here we are again. If you would even like the opportunity to compete for Monk Realm First you will have to have a friend (or yourself) purchase another copy of WoW. I'm not sure when second accounts were required to have an equal playing field but this is definitely an easy case to be made now.

Many will want to push for Realm First and many will not make it. However, nothing monetarily was lost prior to this permission. Everyone knew there could be only one (or a handful) of winners. But now to even step into the race we have to pay an entry fee.

Please reconsider your decision, Blizzard. Don't turn Recruit-a-Friend into Redeem-a-First.
Edited by Xpariah on 8/9/2012 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Would this work? (Asking because a raider will be rerolling Monk for our 10-man)

1. He does RaF now and he and his friend get two toons to 80 (or 85).

2. He waits until MoP

3. MoP launches and his friend logs onto the first 80 and grants the newly made Monk 40 levels and then jumps on the second 80 and grants the next set of 40 levels.

4. Monk at 80

Is this right or did I miss something?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Would this work? (Asking because a raider will be rerolling Monk for our 10-man)

1. He does RaF now and he and his friend get two toons to 80 (or 85).

2. He waits until MoP

3. MoP launches and his friend logs onto the first 80 and grants the newly made Monk 40 levels and then jumps on the second 80 and grants the next set of 40 levels.

4. Monk at 80

Is this right or did I miss something?

Yes, its how it works, just advice ur rider to get lvl 80 gear or he will be @!*!d when he try to lvl from 80 and on....
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
08/09/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Rune
This confirmation kind of makes it seem as though Blizzard is comfortable with people manipulating the RaF process for reasons other than what it was intended for.

The money they get is all worth the same, regardless of how you RaF.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
08/09/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Golfire
So if i star to talk about puppies here, the topic changes? im here because i want to post how good i feel about how its going to work, they already anounced it, its not going to change even if ppl cry a river, i want to say this, as i do when i dont like something too, because this forums are for the users opinion, so u come here and say to me that i shouldnt be posting here about this?

You tried to belittle my opinion by saying all i cared about was crying for RF and that you did not care about RF,that actually playing the game to 90 was not fun and that paying for the boost straight to 80 and still being eligible was more fun, and more fair than actually putting in the effort from level 1 for it...

explain to me how that works...
Edited by Lirath on 8/9/2012 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]