NF/Butter/RQ and the Remnant

87 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey there. My thoughts aren't particularly organized, so give me a minute.

I'm Pallisade, I started playing about a year ago. I played EQ for years, then quit all MMO's for a while, then started up in WoW. In EQ I was a melee dps, but was raid geared enough to tank any non-raid boss, and enjoyed the tanking aspect, so I made a Prot Pally in WoW. I knew Jerkette (Friskybiz, Kette, etc.) IRL, which is how I wound up on Aggy, and why I apped to the Remnant when I hit 85 and had all the VP/5 man gear I could get.

I just wanted to know why it seems like NF/Butter/RQ are buddies, and the Remnant stands alone. I asked around and no one really had a solid answer. The most I heard was that we had some Remnant leave for 'greener pastures,' with claims they were head hunted.

Personally, I'd like to know more people on the server. I'm never going to server transfer, and am basically just reaching out to NF/Butter/RQ to say hey. I enjoy tanking, and currently have one of each plate tank (working on a druid).

Are there any preconceived notions about The Remnant? Do people think bad/different of me just because they see that tag? I don't know anything about the history between our guilds, I'd just like to clear the air, and do more joint guild stuff (not in the 175k Alumas way).

Thoughts?
Edited by Pallisade on 8/8/2012 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcfzre_EzX8
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
Looks like a good time - Want to do it again?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
08/08/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Gorrath

That guy clicks more than I used too..

Also, thank you for killing Cebrilas, no one likes him anyway.
Reply Quote
2 Troll Shaman
08/08/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Gorrath

That has to be a Pattyfathead led Alliance ownage there. I miss Patty.

08/08/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Knails

Also, thank you for killing Cebrilas, no one likes him anyway.

There is so much truth in the statement about Cebrilas. Never liked that highly EMO mage.

As for the history:

The core of NF and Butter were both from the same guild called Second String, until Cata made 25 mans nearly irrelevant. In WotLK, there were really only 2 decent (as far as Aggramar is concerned) raiding guilds on Horde. Those were Second String and The Remnant. The Remnant was always a step or so below Second String and some of the Remnant leadership always had an inferiority complex about that. It is true that some good members of The Remnant would defect to Second String, but nothing that wasn't normal for alliance side at the time, but alliance had/has a lot more people so it was easier to take the guild hoppers from EDI to EO to UL to Expiation to etc and back again. It is just the nature of the game.

As far as Rage Quit, I know for a fact that several of the members are formal (and possibly disgruntled) Remnant members, but have been around for a long time and know peeps from NF and Butter while others are old SS members. So RQ is really a melting pot guild. As for me, I am currently in none of these guilds, but have been as well as the alliance side and have been playing for WAY too long.....almost a historian of the server. I do however plan to stay anonymous as I have friends in most of these guilds, hence the troll alt post. Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Because they have cooties.

Edit: Edit
Edited by Barlie on 8/8/2012 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
Well thanks for the info. I'd like to help erase any stigma w/ the name 'The Remnant'.

If anyone ever needs a tank, let me know. Tanking is about all I do.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
08/08/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Knails

[quote="62934931823"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcfzre_EzX8

Worst UI i think I've ever seen. And ya, dat clicking all day. lolol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmmm well after <Second String> disbanded at the patch prerelease for Cata...NF started their own 10m and most of the other main raiders from SS formed <Butter>. So you are partially right, we do know each other... and still converse/chat frequently... We just don't raid all together anymore.

As the months went on we had a few drop outs in the original NF group and we picked up a couple long time buddies that happened to be in RQ (I think)... Other then that... NF doesn't have much connection with RQ.

We just never really had the chance to associate with Remnant...I personally have no issues with Remnant its just not a group of people we choose to play with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yah, NF n Butter are just originally from the same guild (at least the core members are since now both guilds have changed rosters a bit). I think after wrath we just don't pug as much as we used to. When you only have to fill up 10 slots it gets to the point where we all have alts that can do the job. It's something that I don't like about Cata cause I feel like I got to meet a lot more ppl in Wrath than I did it Cata. It's not that I wouldn't help out ppl if they asked or offer an alt or anything it just feel like whenever I ask for help someone in Butter or NF has a toon or an alt that can help out and I don't have to hit trade anymore. I don't think there is really any animosity or anything between any of our guilds, its just that with the content being limited and each guild having a surplus of toons that can accomplish things we just aren't intermingling as much as we could/did in the past.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
oh and also, I mean, we have been pugging kind of lately, with random 25 8/8 heroic runs but no one from Remnant has approached me or dak about a spot the 2 times we did. I know Rem has some 8/8 ppl and we were only asking 6/8 with serious attempts on spine when we were recruiting for that 25 man. I didn't know anyone in Dead Legends before they came and ran it with us, nor really from Ominous too much, but they answered the call! j/s
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/10/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Vesperite
I didn't know anyone in Dead Legends before they came and ran it with us, nor really from Ominous too much, but they answered the call! j/s

Got to jump on the pleasant pugs when you can to make up for the much more common unpleasant ones.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I with Pallisade on this. I have talked with a few members from each of the guilds or know people from each of the guilds. I am all for mingling and getting to know individuals in other guilds. I am an achievement !@#$% and will always be up for anything that involves epeen points or just to help people out that need it.

I am all for taking over an alliance city again.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
AAAAWWWWW how cute.....whew
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I raided with The Remnant back in Wrath of the Lich King. I believe I was in the alt run and rarely subbed in for the main run, so I went to Exalted Order on the Alliance side. I started running with them for a bit, then they brought in Biguglymage over me and cut me. I headed back to the Remnant and raided with them for the rest of the expansion, and left during Cata where I was in a period of off again on again playing. Always been an enjoyable group of folk, and made a lot of friends, there is just so many members that there is a lot of types of people. You have the skilled players, the egotistical, the insane, the chilled, the one's (like myself) looking for better areas, etc. etc. Just don't judge your opinion on them based on one encounter, as they have a bunch of good people in there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
look at Bum just ruining lives lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]